Weirdest Shot you have ever hit?

BigE

Tryin' to get better....
Reaction score
Handicap
Mine was the 3d shot on a par 5 about 20 years ago.
I was long back then, but not very straight (big slicer)
First shot was long, but sliced onto the adjacent fairway.
I was blocked out by tall trees, so I hit my second shot down that adjacent fairway. Pounded a 3W. Straight for a change.
I ended up pin high, about 80 yds away, still to the right, and still blocked out by that same long line of tall trees.
So I punched a 8 iron to keep it low under the tree branches.
Ball kareemed toward the green, never getting higher than 4 feet off the ground - it hit the pin dead on at that 4 foot height - and bang, bang - ricocheted into the hole.
Eagle!!
If that shot had been just a millimeter off dead center of that pin, my ball would have flown the green by another 40 yds.
Incredibly lucky shot.
I'll never forget it.....

4-iron punch out from the trees.

Hit a tree and it ricocheted back at me and hit me square in the family jewels.

Everyone else was laughing. I was trying not to puke.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Long uphill par 5 with a road to the left of the hole and a tree line between the fairway and road. I hit a slight pull down the left side that was right on the edge of being playable or possibly out of play. I couldn't see where it landed because of the tree line so we had no clue from the tee. About 30 seconds after I hit while my buddy is doing his waggle. I look over at the road and see my ball rolling down the hill in the road. There were curbs on both sides of the road so it kept on rolling. The last time we could see it was about 300 yards behind where we were standing going around a curb out of sight LOL! Since it took so long to get back to us we guessed it must have just barely trickled into the roadway up above us and then started it's descent.

I played a hybrid approach shot on a par 5 off a bridge once that led to birdie. Canadan was there.

not sure if it's the weirdest ever, but i tried to hit a high, soft pitch off a downhill lie earlier this year. i shanked or toed it so bad it right, and backwards haha. i'll try to find the arccos image and edit this reply to include a screenshot. you just have to laugh sometimes lol

check out the third shot

bff581afbbba16c56691e326697aef7b.jpg

I was playing a par 3 that was about 150 yards in Columbia, MO about 20 years ago. I skanked the tee shot with a low heel bullet into a tree that was about 30 yards to the right of the green. The ball hit the tree and careened onto the green about 5 feet from the pin. Draino on the birdie putt. Just like I drew it up.

We have a huge cottonwood tree that comes out into the fairway on #8, I pull hooked it right into the tree and heard it hit but never saw it come out. My partner said you are on the green. It was about 6 feet from the hole.

Hit a tee shot off the toe into the tee markers ahead of us and flew over my head and my partner's heads into the trees behind us. I just re-teed :). To make matters worse I believe it was a few months after starting my first job out of college and playing with co workers for the first time. Surprised they invited me out again!!!

I think it was a course called Goose Creek in northern Virginia, pretty sure it's closed now. Don't remember which hole but hit a thin second shot that went low and hot then look a hard right off a rock and through the trees down a hill. Ended up behind a little decorative gazebo with a half decent lie. Couldn't see the green never mind the flag. My two buddies called to me from the green and I hit a 9 iron in the general direction. They start yelling like fools and said it went in. Color me skeptical... Went up the hill and there was a ball mark two inches from the cup and my ball at the bottom!! Yeah me!

O'Carroll;n8889978 said:
I played a hybrid approach shot on a par 5 off a bridge once that led to birdie. Canadan was there.

lmao I'll give you 1,000 balls at that exact same spot to recreate it.

Loser buys me dinner. ....oh did I word that wrong? lmao

Several years back, playing with my buddy for his pre-bachelor party. Coming in on the 9th hole, about a 145yd par 3. There was a retention pond to the left of the green that they were doing maintenance on. There was a track hoe excavating the bank of the pond. I pull my tee shot left and as the track hoe was swinging, the ball strikes the arm of the track hoe and ricochets off, lands on the green about 4 feet from the pin. Yeah, I missed the birdie putt, I think we were still laughing .....

Playing a par 3 course a few years ago. I airmailed a wedge right over the flag and green. The ball hit the top of a wooden fence post and ricocheted back 10 yards to the green and stopped about 10 feet from the pin. Birdie !

In 42 years of golf, I've had exactly 3 instances where I've driven a ball right in the middle of a featureless fairway and never found it. These were all dry courses with no chance of the ball plugging. So while not a weird shot, definitely a weird result! The weirdest shot I ever played was trying to hit a low cut out of some trees and hopefully on to the green. I hit the left side of a tree, causing the ball to carom far left of my intended target, but the spin actually made the ball curve back to the right so much that it almost went on the green anyway.

I have one hole in one in my life and I made it while playing alone as a single. Third hole on my home course. I hit a 4 iron from 190 that landed right and rolled down to the hole. I didnt see it go in, just figured it would be close. Walk up to the hole only to see it staring at me from the bottom of the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I toed one so bad on the par-3 7th, I found it sitting in the middle of the bunker by the adjacent 17th green about 2 hrs later.

The swing was so bad, the entire divot was to the inside of the tee (so fat, too). Contact was so glancing, the ball went off at a 45-degree angle, into the trees, seemingly nowhere to be found.

I was wondering why someone would just leave a ball in the bunker when I got the 17th green, until I went in to get it.

Weirdest shot I have ever hit was from a tee that had some trees to the left and right. Shanked a shot that hit one of the trees and the ball bounced right back to my feet.

REJECTED!!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"268","width":"480","src":"https:\/\/media.giphy.com\/media\/xThtayDGYcDAb1qb60\/giphy.gif"}[/IMG2]

I've got 2 that if I was paid a million dollars I could never do again.
Par 3 water carry. Bad tee shot to the left, landed on the bridge and pinballed off the bridge supports across the bridge and ended up 10 feet from the green.
Another Par 3 water carry, landed short, hit a turtle in the water, bounced off his shell and landed on the green,

From the wayback memories. The first time I walk up to the tee box for our first practice round when I was in high school. I hit it rather hard, so far off the toe, that it rocketed 90 deg directly away from me and right through the rest of my teammates and coach. I did not make a good first impression.

... Not me but a one in a billion odds shot from a high index friend. Struggling with his driver on #8 par 4 he pulled out a 3 wood and sky'ed it right off the crown. The ball went straight up in the air, hit a tree limb about 30 feet straight above our heads and came back down a few feet in front of the tee. We laughed and he re-teed and as hard as this is to believe, he hit it off the crown again, straight up hitting the same limb and coming down a few feet behind the tee. Crown was trashed and so was his confidence. He hit irons off the tee for the rest of the round.

Not mine, but I watched a guy hit his 5 irons almost 400 yards.

210 par 3, all uphill.

Hits his tee shot, leaks right, pin high, right at the tall rough. Lands just shy of the deep stuff, and rolls back on to the cart path.

Ball rolls down the winding cart path, bouncing side to side, all the way down to the ladies tees, 10 yards on front of us.

Probably took 30-40 seconds from strike to the ball coming to a rest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

One other that comes to mind.

Playing with step brother and father. Step brother on the tee, step father behind him, me across from him.

He takes a mighty swing, and the contact made that pure sound of a well struck shot. Brother hits the pose, both of them looking down the fairway to see where this perfect ball will land.

I, on the other hand, am laughing so hard I can't breathe.

He had hit the tee right out from underneath the ball, and the ball came to a rest right where it had started, minus the tee.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You guys had me laughing! There's some funny stuff in this thread!

I was playing Doug Ford's Lacuna golf course in south Florida and I can't remember what hole # it was but somehow I ended up 20-25 yds behind and to the left of the green. (yanked an approach shot and hit a cart path????) Anyway there was a gigantic 60'-70' tall tree in the way between my ball and the flag, and couldn't punch a shot under it. I must have had a decent lie, because I decided to take my SW and lay it wide open and play a full swing flop shot. Had never tried a full swing flop shot before. Wide open stance, big swing and I happen to execute it perfect and to my amazement, the ball went about 150' up in the air and only about 20 yds forward, it landed on the green and only about 10' from the flagstick. The other 3 guys just about lost it when they saw the result. That's one of the weirder ones I had.

That's easy. It was on a Par 3 hole from a elevated tee. You looked down at the green which was a 129 yds away. The cart path wound around the bottom of the tee which was not visible until it came out the left side of the hole which crossed a small creek that crossed diagonally going from left to right across what little fairway there was going up to the green. I choose to hit a 8i. After hitting the ball which seemed to head straight down following the curve of the hill of the tee. Next thing I know the ball comes bounding out from below bounces out onto the fairway and rolls up onto the green to within 15 ft of the pin. I two putted for a par.

Pulled my 7 iron on a par 3. It landed right at a base of a tree that wouldn't have been a huge deal if I was a lefty, but I'm not. I was about 20 yards from the green. Grabbed a PW and set up lefty, with the club face upside down facing the green. Made a chip shot and landed 8 feet from flag. Best par save of my life.

I have to go way back for this one. Back to 1968. I hit my tee shot on the first hole off the toe of my driver and it hit the bench next to the tee and ricocheted back to the men's tee.That got a laugh of a few people.

Back