Other Than Being A Touring Pro, What Would Be Your Dream Job In The Golf Industry?

MizunoStriker

Reaction score
Handicap
For me, I'd love to be a teaching professional and/or equipment rep.

And... go with your responses!

Since I'm already a lawyer, and since I suck too much at golf to do anything requiring actual skill, I think it would be awesome to go in-house at one of the OEMs or maybe even with the PGA Tour.

An acquaintance of mine at my former firm use to work in the legal dept. for Ping. He said they each would could order one complete set of clubs per year. The only catch was that you had to get them engraved with your name on the hosel so that you couldn't just turn around and sell them online (or if you did, then they'd pretty easily figure you out).

Tour truck easy. Although with a family it would probably be social media/marketing for an oem. I’m not smart enough for the r&d even though it’s really cool haha

For me, I have always loved working with my hands. Tour Truck Driver/Club builder extraordinaire'

which ever job paid the most while the least amount of hours put in.

This way I could golf almost every day

Not sure it would be a dream job, but the only part of the industry that might appeal would be as a member of the course maintenance crew... or maybe a course designer.

However, if my personal lawncare/landscaping is any indication, it wouldn't go well.

I would like to be a caddy. You’re still in the mix and paid well (if you have the right deal).

After spending time around the Callaway marketing team I think working on marketing would be a blast. But since the likelihood of getting my wife to move is slim and since my experience is in sales I think being a local sales rep for one of the big guys would be fun.

Marketing Manager for women's clubs and apparel

Actually, I'll answer honestly and say that I would love to be a head pro or a GM of a golf course, however I've heard that the money is terrible for a pro, and the job is thankless as a GM, especially at a for profit club.

Golf is an integral part of my life, and I would LOVE to have a real impact like that.

I'd love to be able to design clubs. I think that would be pretty awesome.

I'm a shoe dog. I have represented a couple of great running brands and now an Italian dress and comfort brand. Golf shoes have become technical and it would be fun to explain that technologhy and how it benefits the player. In the meantime I won't quit the day job.

Caddie for sure. I was made for walking, I am a great strategist in golf (can't execute worth a crap), I have a sense of humor, I have 10 years of customer service experience, I have 4 years of claims negotiation experience, and I have been a part time preacher for 7 years. I can communicate in every format and I am an actuary so I am a human calculator. I would be perfect at it.

Something I have done when I was working, marketing at the OE level.

Being apart of Ben Hogan Golf.

Tour player agent.

Club builder, ideally on a Tour Van.

I would love to be a fitter. Tinkering with setups, being able to see a tweak result in big changes. That would be super cool to do for a living.

The job Jim Nantz currently has

Back