The question now is. How big of a fire storm does this cause for cobra? Do the drop him? Of course it is early but let the speculation begin.

If the do. Who is willing to pick him up? I am trying to find the thread @JB started sometime last year about who so cobra’s number one.

like you said in another post, i see bryson coming out with a somewhat heartfelt apology, and everything will be forgiven. i don't see cobra wanting to drop him. disappointed? for sure. pissed? probably. but bryson still offers a lot of visibility to them, which is pretty much always a good thing.

Well he said the driver sucks, then he followed that up with what about the driver he thinks sucks, so...
Yeah but it’s my interpretation and when I swing like he does it doesn’t much matter which club I have in my hand, if I miss, well!!!;)

The question now is. How big of a fire storm does this cause for cobra? Do the drop him? Of course it is early but let the speculation begin.

If the do. Who is willing to pick him up? I am trying to find the thread @JB started sometime last year about who so cobra’s number one.
Who at this point would be willing to run that risk? I would not want him if I was the guy making decisions for a company on sponsoring tour players.

I think Cobra would be better served trying to get some of the young guys coming out of college. Get a fresh face in there that is hungry.

This is such a dufus move on Bryson's part but doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't mind seeing Cobra drop him. Think of how much time and energy they must have put in for him between One Length irons and trying to figure out drivers for his style. He's trying to bring a long drive competition style to the big leagues and it's just not going to work on anything other than bomb and gouge courses.

You know what Bryson, if you're not clicking with driver that day maybe adjust your strategy and take a fairway wood or long iron off the tee.

Sounds like someone blaming everything and everyone around him other than himself.

Who at this point would be willing to run that risk? I would not want him if I was the guy making decisions for a company on sponsoring tour players.

I think Cobra would be better served trying to get some of the young guys coming out of college. Get a fresh face in there that is hungry.
Really?? He has to be the number 1 guy so far as selling product in golf. Tomorrow he could hit it better and be roses. Seriously, take Bryson away from Cobra over the past couple years and where are they?

How about his comment about catching jumpers and being unable to control his wedges from the first cut? He doesn’t play Cobra wedges, correct?

I think the full cobra rep quote is important:

they are pissed!

Someone needs to find Berkshire's accuracy stats.

First the Caddy now the clubs. Bryson is out of control, maybe. Maybe he needs to find his rock bottom and get cleaned up. Yea that’s a bit drastic, but it’s a lot in a few short weeks.

Same sucky driver he won with in Florida?

Wait ... he did play a few practice rounds, right? Did it perform horrible then too? I'm sure he could have called up Cobra & they would have sent him whatever he wanted. For him to blame the club is just an unprofessional thing to do. Just say I had a bad day swinging the driver .... don't call out one of your sponsors, especially to the media. Maybe complain directly to them over the phone, but not on social media, television. etc. :rolleyes:

Send him? Heck, they have a tour van right there. He could have any change he wanted made in 15 minutes.

My prediction is Bryson will come back and say "I was talking about my swing with the driver, not the club itself," but he's already done the damage and looked like a petulant child in the process.

Really?? He has to be the number 1 guy so far as selling product in golf. Tomorrow he could hit it better and be roses. Seriously, take Bryson away from Cobra over the past couple years and where are they?
Maybe so but I would not want to have to subject my employees to dealing with the guy for one. And secondly, I would not tolerate someone I sponsor bad mouthing the equipment.

How long has he been using the Radspeed head?

It's the equivalent of him showing up in flip flops and blaming the shoes... It's his responsibility to show up with clubs that work for him.

I can't really see anyone picking him up if Cobra drops him except maybe PXG. Would love to see him try to have such an unusual equipment setup without the backing of a major OEM.

Would hope if Cobra cans him they keep investing in One Length

Send him? Heck, they have a tour van right there. He could have any change he wanted made in 15 minutes.

Either that or bring a few heads over the pond with you. I'm sure they make a number of them specifically for his whiny ass! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe so but I would not want to have to subject my employees to dealing with the guy for one. And secondly, I would not tolerate someone I sponsor bad mouthing the equipment.
I hear ya and agree. Again though it’s all in interpretation. I interpreted as he himself sucks with driver. Being as I just went through my own stint off that I understand. It was not the club it was me and my driver swing. I’m hitting same driver and the past 2 weeks I’m a fairway magnet.

Brooks Koepka: “I felt it difficult to read sometimes” Bryson DeChambeau: “Just gotta start it on the right line”

Brooks need to remind Bryson that he “just gotta start it (his drives) on the right line”…

I find it funny, all his BS has caught up with him. He was doing just fine when he came on tour, no I need bigger, faster more power. And for what, can't make a cut, can't hit a fairway, but its the gears fault.
The interview was someone who lost his cool and can't see the forest for the trees. Karma

I don't get the hate.....This guy is out there on a Razor's Edge. We can't possibly understand.

I don't get on the bryson bashing too much, but the guy comes off as a jack @$$ more and more. According to him he has never hit a bad shot, never made a mistake. It is always something/someone else, and that is just a bad look.

I know bryson is a big name, but what other OEM would be banging down his door to try and take on one length irons/wedges and 5* drivers like Cobra has? Would be very curious to see what happens if they were to part ways (which I hope doesn't happen, think it has been beneficial for both).

As far as he hits the ball, why not use 3 wood or a long iron and find the fairway? He hits 9 iron 200 yards. Lay back a little but at least your in the fairway. Everyone has bad driving days.

I hear ya and agree. Again though it’s all in interpretation. I interpreted as he himself sucks with driver. Being as I just went through my own stint off that I understand. It was not the club it was me and my driver swing. I’m hitting same driver and the past 2 weeks I’m a fairway magnet.
I might would agree with you except if you look at his full statement he immediately follows up saying the driver sucks with trash talking the face. He is not talking about his swing. He is definitely trashing the equipment.

I have said numerous times on this forum I am not a huge Bryson guy but don’t hate him either. He is trying really hard to make me change that. Having been lucky enough to go to a MC and meet and talk with some amazing guys from CPG in @Master Yagley and @LittleRat, I know how much love and care they put in to everything they make. The people at CPG are top notch and it is utterly ridiculous to make that kind of statement because in my eyes it is a direct insult to these guys.

I hope at the next PGA event he plays, every bad shot he hits, fans tell him it's the club and not him.

Hey, if @Master Yagley brings it to Vegas and I try it, if I miss the fairway can I blame the driver or do you guys think it would be my swing causing the miss?? 🤔🤣

Back