GHIN Mobile App upgrades

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Screenshot_20210804-171004_Gmail.jpg

Well that answers why they're killing score posting and handicap cooperation with other apps at the end of the year. They don't want to support while competing against.

Screenshot_20210804-171533_GHIN.jpgScreenshot_20210804-171541_GHIN.jpgScreenshot_20210804-171549_GHIN.jpgScreenshot_20210804-171556_GHIN.jpgScreenshot_20210804-171600_GHIN.jpgScreenshot_20210804-171604_GHIN.jpg

Anyone try any of this yet?

I’m going to try it out on Saturday. If it works okay, I might be off of Grint for good.

Saw the upgrade, can't wait to try it out.

I’m going to try it out on Saturday. If it works okay, I might be off of Grint for good.
Right on. I would have tried it today if I had known. On the surface it looks decent.

It’s wild they killed cooperation with Grint a couple weeks after I paid for my Grint membership

Wow... I saw the GPS announcement this morning but didn't look in to it too much since I just figured it would be strictly gps and I already use my watch for that. But the heat maps and the breaks of the greens are pretty fantastic additions that I may try out my next practice round just to see how well it works

I am pleasantly surprised by the upgrades. I will try out the new features.

Wow... I saw the GPS announcement this morning but didn't look in to it too much since I just figured it would be strictly gps and I already use my watch for that. But the heat maps and the breaks of the greens are pretty fantastic additions that I may try out my next practice round just to see how well it works
LOL never mind, those features only come with a $40 yearly charge. I get that that isn't super expensive but I am just fine using my current GPS watch for everything and then entering my scores at the end of the round. They do give you a free round to try out all the features though so I will still give it a shot to see if my tune changes

LOL never mind, those features only come with a $40 yearly charge. I get that that isn't super expensive but I am just fine using my current GPS watch for everything and then entering my scores at the end of the round. They do give you a free round to try out all the features though so I will still give it a shot to see if my tune changes
Yeah, they want you to stop giving other people your money for that stuff, and give more to them.

Definitely worth a try - but keep in mind that if you really like the stat tracking on Grint, the GHIN app won't have all that extra stuff.

Right on. I would have tried it today if I had known. On the surface it looks decent.
I agree. Only thing I worry about is phone reception on local mtn courses that I play.

Not sure the green slope feature will be a boost for pace of play...

Grint 💔😭

No GPS for my home course yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Only thing I worry about is phone reception on local mtn courses that I play.
If it's truly using GPS, phone signal shouldn't matter for the tracking. It probably would for the score/stat entry, but hopefully the app caches that and sends it when it regains phone signal.

Definitely worth a try - but keep in mind that if you really like the stat tracking on Grint, the GHIN app won't have all that extra stuff.
Yeah, that’s the drawback. However, ShotScope might pick up some of the stats I’d miss from Grint.

If it's truly using GPS, phone signal shouldn't matter for the tracking. It probably would for the score/stat entry, but hopefully the app caches that and sends it when it regains phone signal.
Hope so too, but I've seen phone apps that don't just use the GPS but also the signal for extras. But I'll sure try it out and see how it works!

Screenshot_20210804-180023_GHIN.jpg

Yeah, you really can't do anything without paying the upgrade..

View attachment 9020479

Yeah, you really can't do anything without paying the upgrade..
Yeah, without the upgrade you get basic GPS function like every other golf app. If you go to "More", then "Course Maps and GPS", it will allow you to preview courses and you can see what you get with the basic GPS functions. It doesn't even give you F/M/B on greens, just center of green, unless you unlock the Enhanced GPS features.

Yeah, without the upgrade you get basic GPS function like every other golf app. If you go to "More", then "Course Maps and GPS", it will allow you to preview courses and you can see what you get with the basic GPS functions. It doesn't even give you F/M/B on greens, just center of green, unless you unlock the Enhanced GPS features.
I'm not getting it to show where I am in GPS at all without the upgrade. I'm right across the street of the course I have up.

It looks a LOT like a marriage between GHIN and GolfLogix in app. Even the way it downloads the course. Which I don't love. I use GolfLogix for scouting, but it's nowhere near the best or easiest to use when actually playing imo.

I'm not getting it to show where I am in GPS at all without the upgrade. I'm right across the street of the course I have up.

It looks a LOT like a marriage between GHIN and GolfLogix in app. Even the way it downloads the course. Which I don't love. I use GolfLogix for scouting, but it's nowhere near the best or easiest to use when actually playing imo.
Yeah, I didn't try having the GPS locate me - I just pulled up a couple courses and previewed the holes. I could move the tracking line to different tee boxes and drag the tee shot distances around off the tees, but that was about it. It gave me center of green yardage, but front and back have little padlocks next to them because they're part of the Enhanced GPS.

No Apple Watch app? Seems like a missed opportunity

Back