How often do you hit the green on par 3’s?

How often are you on the green after your tee shot on par 3’s?

• 0-20%

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How often are you on the green after your tee shot on par 3’s?

I am a stumbling 9.5 handicap currently averaging 31% over my last 20 rounds.

Not that often it would appear. That’s actually quite shocking. In my head, I would have said 60 to 75%. I’m not even half that :eek:
7217D4EA-C213-40A6-89C9-DED16A2557B3.jpeg

It varies. It seems that I ALWAYS get the GIR when I'm about to three putt.
I've dedicated my recreational golf career to trying to avoid doubles.

I can't look at my percentages at the moment but I want to say its around 30-40%, but the correct answer is not enough!

This is all really dependent on how long the par 3's are that you play. It's a certainly a lot easier to hit a green with a wedge or 9 iron than a long iron or hybrid. Personally, the par 3's i play are all between 145-185 yds so i'm hitting no less than 6 iron up to hybrids/fw depending on wind. My GIR % on par 3's is likely pretty low, i don't track that stat - just overall GIR which is 33% currently.

Average is 34.6. I need to work on that for sure.

I was thinking about 25% with nothing to back that up. I then looked at stats from my last three rounds (that's as long as I've been keeping them) and found that I hit one green each round. There are four on the course, so my 25% looks pretty accurate with a small sample size.

I don’t track it but I would guess low 40%.

I hold pretty steady in the 4 out 5 range. If I'm being properly aggressive it dips a few points.

I thought I was was better at it until I really thought about it. 1 out of 5 is about right. I chose the 21% percent because I try to give the extra 1% on every shot. I earned it

I'm a 6.8 ghin and am probably 30 to 35 % GIR on the par 3's.
That is something I really want to improve for next season.

As of late I have been playing the par 3s a lot better as a result of hitting greens

My percentage on hitting the green on Par 3's have improved over the last several years. Looking back on my last round I was 3 of 4, and the fourth just missed by a few yards to the left.

It could be that we instituted a closest to the pin game on Par 3's. $10/player closest to the pin & $20/player if the closest makes the birdie.

I don't know for sure because The Grint keeps taking away features from the free version 😂

But I'm guessing I hit 1-2 of the 4 most rounds, so I put myself in the 20-40% range.

I don't know for sure because The Grint keeps taking away features from the free version 😂

But I'm guessing I hit 1-2 of the 4 most rounds, so I put myself in the 20-40% range.
Your stats are always available on the web page if you've entered hole-by hole scores, just so you know

Your stats are always available on the web page if you've entered hole-by hole scores, just so you know

Good looking out, I just couldn't find it. Looks like my estimate was correct!

Screenshot_20210923-133956.png

I don't track my stats, but I will look back on par-3 performance to get an idea of where my iron game is.

I'm at 44% GIR on par 3's.

As a comparison, I'm 42% GIR overall.

I don’t know why I started this thread. I knew it wasn’t going to make me feel good 😆

Back