EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Do you prefer fixed weight positions or slide-able weights?
I have a TSi3 with the sliding weights on the back, but I personally always leave it in neutral. I don't have a preference, but I like the Callaway SubZero option as well that has fixed weight positions with the ability to adjust CG based on where you put the weights. Having the loft/lie adjustability with options to change CG is nice though!

I like the ease of the slide weight, but I like the look and feel of the fixed weights.

fixed weight if it’s my choice.

I have a TSi3 with the sliding weights on the back, but I personally always leave it in neutral. I don't have a preference, but I like the Callaway SubZero option as well that has fixed weight positions with the ability to adjust CG based on where you put the weights. Having the loft/lie adjustability with options to change CG is nice though!
I like the ease of the slide weight, but I like the look and feel of the fixed weights.

fixed weight if it’s my choice.

I am in the same camp. Once you get it to where you like it. It stays put.

Question for the Grandaddy guys, and those following along. During the talk with Titleist, it was said that 85% of Tour Pro's have a blended iron set, but only 15 of orders through Titleist are a combo. I know Callaway offers some combo sets like the Sweet Spot, Apex Mixed, Apex Players, and the Triple Play. I know your fitting will be key, but any of them have your interest?

If I were to have the choice I think I'd go with the Triple Play combo. Is it wrong because I like so much of the Apex lineup, I want to enjoy as many options as possible??

I didn’t see this earlier, but would love to answer. I would absolutely consider a combo set and am very interested in something like apex mixed or the triple play. I’d have to see the justification of
It as logical during the fitting but I think I could definitely benefit for more foregiveness at the top although I wouldn’t say that’s my issue anyway normally.

I’m interested to see if all options hold where they are now iron wise coming into December. I’m in love with the tcb’s which I don’t think are included in a combo set currently so that’s my only reservation. Triple play I think could be a game changer for me.

Fixed, rails add weight along the entire track as fixed allows for more concentration of weight movement.

One weekend left to finalize my cap for the GD. I CAN. NOT. WAIT to get fitted for driver in December lol

fixed for sure. Though I’d venture to guess I’ve almost never played with weights on any driver I’ve ever had.

My two favorite drivers, Epic Flash and SIM both had sliding weights so I’m more in on those. With all my struggles with driver this year, being able to tune the loft sleeve as well as a sliding weight would allow me to try to dial in a bit more than I’m able to right now. Would it actually add a benefit? Not sure but I know I’m a fan of tinkering with stuff like that.

Fixed for me as I'm not tempted to tinker with it and because I like the sound better. The muted crunch that many drivers without the rail have is a personal preference for me

Fixed for me as I'm not tempted to tinker with it and because I like the sound better. The muted crunch that many drivers without the rail have is a personal preference for me
I hadn’t thought about that, you are right about sounding better.

Slider rails for me. There is something nice about the fixed weights from a "it is what it is, I just have to swing it better" mental game perspective, but from a fine tuning/adjustments perspective, prefer a slider.

Just a few days left in handicap season, and winter golf is coming up. California golf is right around the corner!
I will be locked in at a +0.1. Think this is the first time I end a season with a plus.

Just a few days left in handicap season, and winter golf is coming up. California golf is right around the corner!

Yes it is. Handicap season ends in 5 days here and looks like I landed at 4.3.

Looking like I’m settling at a 9.1 which I’m very comfortable with.

I have a few more rounds to play so I may go up a bit with two sub 80s coming off, but I'm at a 5.5 right now

It is crazy we are so close to this actually happening!

I know. Every day we get closer and closer and I get this big smile on my face.

Wanna trade?

Absolutely not :) I endured very embarrassing rounds to earn this cap while you were shredding the NY amateur circuit lol

Hmm.. mine is up a few tenths but I believe I'll have it down below 14 again before December!
Screenshot_20211026-133206_Chrome.jpg

Back