EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I had the guys fill out a survey on where they think their game is and here are some of the results based on self analysis. Ranking each part of their game 1 through 5.

Drivers
@Tevenor @blazinden and myself:

Best Long Irons/Hybrid:
@Golfers Anonymous @Afizzle2100 & @cm24
@Nappy doesn't give himself enough credit here as I saw him hit some great shots a few weekends ago

Short Irons:
@Nappy @xThor @Muchmore18

Short Game
@Muchmore18 @Vader @93civiccpe

Putting
@Vader @RealPretendPsychic @Muchmore18

We had some very honest answers which is good to see.

Last edited:
I had the guys fill out a survey on where they think their game is and here are some of the results based on self analysis. Ranking each part of their game 1 through 5.

Drivers
@Tevenor @blazinden and myself:

Best Long Irons/Hybrid:
@Golfers Anonymous @Afizzle2100 & @cm24
@Nappy doesn't give himself enough credit here as I saw him hit some great shots a few weekends ago

Short Irons:
@Nappy @xThor @Muchmore18

Short Game
@muchmore @Vader @93civiccpe

Putting
@Vader @RealPretendPsychic @Muchmore18

We had some very honest answers which is good to see.
But what were your answers?

But what were your answers?
I thought I was a 5 out of 5 on driving and 4 on putting. I think those are my 2 best attributes.

I don't mind posting my answers.

Driving
Strength: Driver / 3w have been pretty good lately, usually in fairway or first cut.
Weakness: swinging too hard on wide open fairways and fade turns turns to slice.

Long Irons:
Strength: 4i/5i are pretty consistent.
Weakness: topping the ball on 3w/3h off the deck. Sometimes the 3w off the deck is a slice but not lately.

Short Irons
Strength: 7- 48 full swing pretty consistent.
Weakness: swinging too hard for short irons. I have hit an 8i( 35 deg) 140 and 165 in the same round without major course slope change/ wind.

Short Game
Strength: 6i bump and run usually works better for me than 56 chip shot. Sand shots are getting better though this year.
Weakness: inconsistent chip/pitch. Left a lot of chips short in past rounds. Need better distance control with chips/pitches up to a 3/4 wedge. I started working more on 20-80 yard shots.

Putting
Strength: holding the putter for long periods of time on the green. Supposedly I will do better with a mallet per @Canadan / @xThor
Weakness: last few rounds I couldn't judge speed or breaks. I will sometimes use a 6i for bump and run if I have a long putt or on fringe.

* I played on 10.14.21 and putting was better. However, I did leave myself with more shorter putts than normal.

I feel like I lied about my short irons the way I played in Lake City, but I promise it's always been the strongest part of my game.

Iron game in total has come around as of late. Hoping I can keep it going in December.

Jon Rahm on No Laying Up this week. I am starting to like him more and more every time I hear him speak. He is very thoughtful. They talked about his move to Callaway!

82 yesterday, 77 today. My 6.3 hdcp is now a 6.1. If the weather cooperates I should have 3 more rounds count towards my cap, and really afraid I might venture into the 5s. Sorry guys!
Never apologize for greatness!

82 yesterday, 77 today. My 6.3 hdcp is now a 6.1. If the weather cooperates I should have 3 more rounds count towards my cap, and really afraid I might venture into the 5s. Sorry guys!
Nice rounds! Hopefully you can keep getting out into December!

Haha - I remember when I shot a 69 like almost a month out from the GD. That brought my HC down too much :(:ROFLMAO:

How are you guys feeling? Once November comes, time will fly by!

Have to be closing in on the Zoo Crew decisions. I’m so excited for this to happen it’s still a whirlwind that this is actually a thing!

Haha - I remember when I shot a 69 like almost a month out from the GD. That brought my HC down too much :(:ROFLMAO:

I'm feeling good after my last lesson and round. I'm focusing on just being consistent and comfortable with my swing

I'm feeling good after my last lesson and round. I'm focusing on just being consistent and comfortable with my swing
perfect! One thing I recommend working on is the short game especially under 100 yards. Get that feel dialed in. Short game is what will help win holes.

Ran out for a quick 9 before work. Had my best score all year 37. Couple birdie chances that lipped out. Everything was feeling right today, which is a weird feeling for me.

After I got back in the clubhouse the owner said he's closing for the year after Friday evening. They're aerating the fairways and won't be letting anyone on after that. Seems odd with nice weather coming this weekend, but I don't make the rules. Rain chances the next couple days means that'll likely be my last time out (at least on my home course) for the year. On to indoor golf and my indoor mat/net setup.

Hoping this feeling keeps going into December. One thing I know for sure. I think a Las Vegas needs to happen. I feel way to good with that shape in my hand.

Ran out for a quick 9 before work. Had my best score all year 37. Couple birdie chances that lipped out. Everything was feeling right today, which is a weird feeling for me.

After I got back in the clubhouse the owner said he's closing for the year after Friday evening. They're aerating the fairways and won't be letting anyone on after that. Seems odd with nice weather coming this weekend, but I don't make the rules. Rain chances the next couple days means that'll likely be my last time out (at least on my home course) for the year. On to indoor golf and my indoor mat/net setup.

Hoping this feeling keeps going into December. One thing I know for sure. I think a Las Vegas needs to happen. I feel way to good with that shape in my hand.
Awesome and a great way to end an outdoor season. Hopefully you can find somewhere to play outdoors again.

At least you had good vibes going in!

This squad is grinding hard. And I feel good about my game.

At least you had good vibes going in!

This squad is grinding hard. And I feel good about my game.
Grinding so hard I’m getting blisters!
53585853-1E9A-4DFF-BBC1-B5EA1AB62D7D.jpeg

extremely excited and with each passing experience more butterfly’s start to add to my stomach

Back