LIVE UPDATE THREAD Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

How does someone not notice that they dropped and entire dryer off their load?!
We were pretty sure we say the truck that dropped it, because it was stopped on the road and had a broken tie down strap. Then we saw it like 15 minutes later passing us, sans dryer!

We couldn’t decide if it was a washer or dryer until we discussed it on the way home. But we did some research and made the determination.

fair response

Ok so I'm just starting to get caught up and made it to the ending on Tuesday. I just want to say that I hope coming down to the wire and the suspenseful 2 pages of GIF posts begging for an update are the "new normal" at THP events. I just love it so much and kinda sad I missed out on the insanity Tuesday. Amazing golf gents!

Here is another fun little story from the event.

On the Match course hole pictured below, I lobbied @+7 KPTT pretty hard to pick a spot in the waste area to tee off. Had it been our choice, it would have happened. It was within the “tee zone”. If you zoom in a bit, you can see the wood piles marking the end of it about 30 yards past the waste area towards the middle of the fairway. I thought it would be pretty funny, and make for a great picture.

AB9B0422-7FC9-42BE-B0F8-8919781C2B36.jpeg

Is it safe to assume that the CSX has more spin in the mid irons?
Off the irons the spin is higher. I’m proof that you can stop a 6i within a few feet of the ball mark. I’m not a great ball striker with my long irons, but I swear I’m 1/2- 1 club longer through the bag with the CSX.

On the Match course hole pictured below, I lobbied @+7 KPTT pretty hard to pick a spot in the waste area to tee off. Had it been our choice, it would have happened. It was within the “tee zone”. If you zoom in a bit, you can see the wood piles marking the end of it about 30 yards past the waste area towards the middle of the fairway. I thought it would be pretty funny, and make for a great picture.

View attachment 9043536

Thats funny! Brent and I discussed the same thing!

So not being able to follow along live with this event was a bummer as I was at a THP experience there 2 years ago and wanted to follow along live but couldn't. Wow, just finally caught up, awesome content, sweet golf played and some great recaps coming in. Congrats team @V14_Heels, looks like a great time and great memories were had by all and that is what it is all about.

View attachment 9043536

@BigDill How much discussion or strategy did you have per hole, and did you have a strategy going into the match? I thought we had a really solid strategy going into the match and then quickly realized how dangerous @JasonFinleyCG is with a wedge, and @Bernoulli is with a putter after the first few holes. Our initial plan was to play it as short as possible to get a putter in Popalicious's hands (aka @Carolina Dundee) as much as possible but had to quickly scoot it back after a quick one-two punch to the face.

We were pretty sure we say the truck that dropped it, because it was stopped on the road and had a broken tie down strap. Then we saw it like 15 minutes later passing us, sans dryer!
Ah okay! At least they stopped!

I wouldn’t want to wander out into traffic to pick it up though! Maybe they were waiting for vehicles with flashing lights?

View attachment 9043536
That could have been fun, and a different challenge!

Do you think they put the tee markers out that far on purpose?!

@BigDill How much discussion or strategy did you have per hole, and did you have a strategy going into the match? I thought we had a really solid strategy going into the match and then quickly realized how dangerous @JasonFinleyCG is with a wedge, and @Bernoulli is with a putter after the first few holes. Our initial plan was to play it as short as possible to get a putter in Popalicious's hands (aka @Carolina Dundee) as much as possible but had to quickly scoot it back after a quick one-two punch to the face.

It felt like the Mike Tyson quote- “Everyone has a plan: until they get punched in the face.”

Looking back, I think would could have done a bit more to strategize. But it was going to be tough for us no matter what. @Tenputt is a stick, but I was a bit uneven to start the match. On one hand, if we shortened up the hole, we gave Keenan a chance to drive the green. If we backed up, then I really had to drive the ball well or else we were basically giving up a stroke due to Keenan’s length. Putting and short game kept us in it. In retrospect, we should have just moved back on a few holes.

But to answer your question, we could have had more strategy. Having played the course now, I think we would be much better prepared given another opportunity.

Looking back, I think would could have done a bit more to strategize. But it was going to be tough for us no matter what. @Tenputt is a stick, but I was a bit uneven to start the match. On one hand, if we shortened up the hole, we gave Keenan a chance to drive the green. If we backed up, then I really had to drive the ball well or else we were basically giving up a stroke due to Keenan’s length. Putting and short game kept us in it. In retrospect, we should have just moved back on a few holes.

But to answer your question, we could have had more strategy. Having played the course now, I think we would be much better prepared given another opportunity.

Yea it is really tough to decide on where to play from. Also decides on how you determine who picks the next hole. Could also make a strategy depending on how tight the hole is.

I swear @JasonFinleyCG had two up and downs that would have easily made the top 10 for ESPN. Wish we got them on video.

That could have been fun, and a different challenge!

Do you think they put the tee markers out that far on purpose?!

We drove up to the front but it was still a pretty aggressive corner to carry in there wasn’t any room to the right or left of the green and behind it was also terrible.

From the back of the Teebox I left my drive right here about 55 yds out
BF3BC382-E433-4E09-B662-B4CF20425586.jpeg

Did you consider putting hazards in Keenan’s landing area to force a shorter club? Do you think taking away an opponent’s strength or playing to your strength is the better play? It could be fun to try out your strategy in a match where the hole winner chooses the next tee.

What would you have changed with strategy? Just taken more distance off some tees? Sounds like a tough spot when you’re playing against someone who can really drive the ball like @+7 KPTT!

Yea it is really tough to decide on where to play from. Also decides on how you determine who picks the next hole. Could also make a strategy depending on how tight the hole is.

I swear @JasonFinleyCG had two up and downs that would have easily made the top 10 for ESPN. Wish we got them on video.

Not to diminish anything you did this week those were probably the two best shots I saw anyone hit when they needed to

I really want to play that course again. It’s just such a neat concept, and I bet I could play it a bunch and have it few different every time.

That said, I think they need to release a layout so people can plan their round before the get to the course. It would speed up play, and allow for better handicapping efficiency.

We drove up to the front but it was still a pretty aggressive corner to carry in there wasn’t any room to the right or left of the green and behind it was also terrible.

View attachment 9043542

Also the hole of one of Finley's insane up and downs.

View attachment 9043542
That still looks like a make-able shot!

And again, such a cool shaped green complex from that perspective.

Not to diminish anything you did this week those were probably the two best shots I saw anyone hit when they needed to

Oh, I totally agree. It was insane. Top 10 ESPN status for sure. I think my jaw was on the putting surface.

I really want to play that course again. It’s just such a neat concept, and I bet I could play it a bunch and have it few different every time.

That said, I think they need to release a layout so people can plan their round before the get to the course. It would speed up play, and allow for better handicapping efficiency.

I would take the 10-hour journey back to the course to play in a bracket match play tournament. 54 holes 3 opponents per day.

What would you have changed with strategy? Just taken more distance off some tees? Sounds like a tough spot when you’re playing against someone who can really drive the ball like @+7 KPTT!
Exactly, a bit more distance on Par 3s and 4s. We played most par 4s under 350, and sometimes under 300. Keenan is a hammer for sure. I’m not a short knocker, but I am super inconsistent and just wasn’t getting off the tee very well at all. He was point and shoot.

Back