LIVE UPDATE THREAD Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

Yea and they were two VERY VERY different courses which was super super cool.
Your observations have me very interested in that course, the game within the game in the tee seemed like a blast

Man, I'm scared to say this, because I'm sure I'll take backlash. I liked and enjoyed playing the Match Course more than the Champions Course, but that has WAY more to do with me and my skill vs. anything else. I'm sure I'm in the minority here. It was awesome to see the Bear Trap and take it in, but it's really tough for me to fully enjoy something shooting 111, or whatever the heck it is I ended up with. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, I can't wait to watch the Honda Classic and yell "I was there I was there!" But I'm just being totally honest, the champions course was just way over my head, I'm just not quite there yet. I've never played anything that hard before or anything like it.

I really really enjoyed the Match Course. I loved talking with a partner at every tee box debating where to tee off, I loved the strategy around it, it was just a whole new aspect that added so much for me, and the course was still really cool and unique. It kind of reminded me of a Stranz design a little bit. It had some great holes, some ridiculous greens, it was very new, but it is the course I would go back and play for sure. It's just a very smart design especially if you have golfers of different skills because you could use it as a handicap tool as well. I just saw so many cool things with the Match course. I was a massive fan of it.
I'll bet you might have felt differently about the Champions Course playing it from a different set of tees, though - playing a course like that from the blues/blacks is a stern challenge if you're not a big hitter. Just from following along here in the thread, I was thinking that I would have been pretty uncomfortable and out of my element back at those yardages.

Just based on the performance of what I know, if you are playing the right ball in ProV1X, the best place to start would be CSX.

Where would the CSLS fall in regards to the prov1x? Bigger difference off irons than the driver? I don’t have any numbers but they felt similar to me? I really need to try the CSX as well

I'll bet you might have felt differently about the Champions Course playing it from a different set of tees, though - playing a course like that from the blues/blacks is a stern challenge if you're not a big hitter. Just from following along here in the thread, I was thinking that I would have been pretty uncomfortable and out of my element back at those yardages.
Maybe, but honestly I would’ve picked blue. I’m not super long but 5800 is probably not what I would’ve gone with. My distance is just down currently on my drive. Not a month ago I was hitting 225-250 and now I’m down and I don’t totally understand it. But usually I pick 6000-6200. So it was a touch long but not insane by any means.

The greens are what made it incredibly tough for me, not the length.

I forgot about the crazy greens! Did anyone get a good picture of the green with the large valley in the middle?
The one with the thumb print, or the one on 18 that looked like it had a creek running through it?

Okay so new line of questions. What’s your take on a Match Course type round? How did the fun meter differ between a set tee and a choose your teeing ground round?Following along, the idea was pretty cool. I don’t think I could completely move to something like that, but I like the idea of including a scatter round in the future to change things up.

I thought it was an interesting and enjoyable course to play a match. The tee selection added an unfamiliar aspect of strategy. It was definitely unique. You could choose as short as possible or as long as possible or anywhere in between. And the tees were not necessarily straight and offered different angles of play at different distances.

I would play this type of course again.

The one with the thumb print, or the one on 18 that looked like it had a creek running through it?
That thumb print green was really cool looking!

The creek
Yes, that was 18 where our updates sucked and everyone on the forum lost their minds. Page 44 in case you want to replay it. I’ve read through it a couple times and it makes me laugh every time.

Yes, that was 18 where our updates sucked and everyone on the forum lost their minds. Page 44 in case you want to replay it. I’ve read through it a couple times and it makes me laugh every time.
Definitely my favorite new part of THP Experiences.

Haha! At least we didn’t have 5 pages of GIFs! We got our updates soon enough!

I agree with what you are stating. I am not a long hitter so playing those tees was intimidating. However, my game was on yesterday and I played one of my better rounds in years. I hit 12 of 14 fairways and a majority of those drives were in the 200 yard range. Despite being length challenged, I was able to put together a very good round. I was able to keep the ball in play and when I needed to layup I was able to hit the ball where I needed to.

Man, I'm scared to say this, because I'm sure I'll take backlash. I liked and enjoyed playing the Match Course more than the Champions Course, but that has WAY more to do with me and my skill vs. anything else. I'm sure I'm in the minority here. It was awesome to see the Bear Trap and take it in, but it's really tough for me to fully enjoy something shooting 111, or whatever the heck it is I ended up with. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, I can't wait to watch the Honda Classic and yell "I was there I was there!" But I'm just being totally honest, the champions course was just way over my head, I'm just not quite there yet. I've never played anything that hard before or anything like it.

I really really enjoyed the Match Course. I loved talking with a partner at every tee box debating where to tee off, I loved the strategy around it, it was just a whole new aspect that added so much for me, and the course was still really cool and unique. It kind of reminded me of a Stranz design a little bit. It had some great holes, some ridiculous greens, it was very new, but it is the course I would go back and play for sure. It's just a very smart design especially if you have golfers of different skills because you could use it as a handicap tool as well. I just saw so many cool things with the Match course. I was a massive fan of it.

I could see why you felt that way.

I know when I played the Hammock Beach courses, I preferred the Conservatory Course much more than the Beach Course. Most would probably say the Beach course due to the views, but I enjoyed the Conservatory more. Part of that was probably due to playing much better that day. We all feel better about our game and where we are playing when the score is lower.

I agree with what you are stating. I am not a long hitter so playing those tees was intimidating. However, my game was on yesterday and I played one of my better rounds in years. I hit 12 of 14 fairways and a majority of those drives were in the 200 yard range. Despite being length challenged, I was able to put together a very good round. I was able to keep the ball in play and when I needed to layup I was able to hit the ball where I needed to.
12/14 fairways is very good!! I’d take that every day!

@gkeller813 Every hole we got to pick this is how the conversation went.

@jfox789 “I think we should play from here for reasons 1, 2, and sometimes 3.”

@Carolina Dundee. “Ok”

When our opponents had tee selection on the odd numbered holes Finley and I drove our cart to the very back of the tee and parked and waited in the spot where we knew we would be teeing from.

It was almost 13 as I missed the fairway on 18 by less than a foot.
So still had a good lie? That’s some great work off the tee!!

So still had a good lie? That’s some great work off the tee!!
It was definitely within the margin of reporting error. I would count it as a fairway TBH.

That thumb print green was really cool looking!

It was on a short hole. Our group played it at around 135 yards. Although our group ended up with 2 balls in the thumb print, because of the shamble format neither ball was played.

It was on a short hole. Our group played it at around 135 yards. Although our group ended up with 2 balls in the thumb print, because of the shamble format neither ball was played.
Putting from inside that thumb print would be tricky, to say the least!

When our opponents had tee selection on the odd numbered holes Finley and I drove our cart to the very back of the tee and parked and waited in the spot where we knew we would be teeing from.

And I think we still took 5 minutes to pick the tee 😂😂😂

All the recaps and stories have been great!

Back