LIVE UPDATE THREAD Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

I arrived home safely last night. The experience may be over but I brought home a lot of memories A truly memorable experience; one that I will never forget.

Can’t tell if sarcasm….
It was honestly pretty quick, but I would still say it added a minute or two, and over 18 holes...well that's a decent chunk of minutes.

JB was great with this though, I mean I think we were told to pick up the pace once? He did a ton to help us with it by having his cart already sitting at a yardage when we pulled up. So we'd pull up, JB would be there and say I'm at 345, and it kind of told us where we needed to be.

The other thing was the cart GPS was MASSIVELY helpful. I actually kind of forgot about this piece, if a course ever opens up something similar and doesn't have GPS in the carts, lol...forget it. It would legit take 5 minutes a hole. You'd be adding an hour to a round. I don't think it's realistic without cart GPS, because you could just quickly understand your yardage and what the hole layout looked like.

@V14_Heels will hopefully agree with me but this course is not how you get new golfers into the game. On a regular course possibly but this view on the tee of 1 was not for the faint of heart.

edit. This is actually a dogleg left but the turn was at around 270 from here. We were the closer team after the drive and we’re around 175 into the pin
View attachment 9043564

I had a great view of that hole from the very, very far back of the tee. Good thing it was a shamble. Our group went off first and it was a little nervy to hit my first tee shot in a THP Experience on this hole in front of everyone and JB. I went left of the waste area down the left side.

Man that looks intimidating!!! Driver is no joke...you need to be able to control that big dog.

You cannot understand the incredible feeling that I got doing this with a Callaway B21 while playing with Finley. It was into a pretty good wind and if I tried to hit a 5W which is a good 190-200 club for me, I would have overswung and hit it right and in the water. And the way I was hitting the driver during the round made it an absolute no brainer. I

Man that looks intimidating!!! Driver is no joke...you need to be able to control that big dog.
Call him Dr. Bernoulli, because he is a surgeon with that B21 driver.

Where would the CSLS fall in regards to the prov1x? Bigger difference off irons than the driver? I don’t have any numbers but they felt similar to me? I really need to try the CSX as well

The CSX LS is the same compression as CSX so it should feel very similar. The spin on the Driver is a little lower on CSX LS compared to CSX and significantly lower on Mid Irons and very slightly lower on shots around the green. So, the biggest difference you will see is in mid Irons.

That was so nice of you to put the GC Quad down and let me hit some balls.
Well I have to say that was an incredibly overlooked part of the picture by me...That's awesome!

I noticed @JB moved it when I got in the bay, but that was probably best for the safety of the machine 😂

I noticed @JB moved it when I got in the bay, but that was probably best for the safety of the machine 😂
You are a one of a kind.

but in a good way.

The thanks start at @JB and @GolferGal obviously. The community they have created to be able to host these events is honestly mind-blowing when you zoom out and just think about it. JB is out there to basically throw a golf party for complete strangers, that he doesn't even get to play in. He's legit working the entire time to bring US content during the event. I like you all, but I'm not sure I could do it. It's incredible what he has put together, so thank you thank you thank you. JB was also just incredibly encouraging to me yesterday. I definitely struggled mentally and drifted away from the experience cause I was so frustrated in my play, but JB reminded me of where I was at, he helped me understand grain on the greens, and even told me directly I'm going to be just fine at playing golf, it just takes time. And I even got a cool sand shot from himIt was great to meet him.

I spent a good chunk of time with Keenan @+7 KPTT , he was my partner for both days of the event actually. Keenan is the type of guy that is just cool as a cucumber. It's hard not to have a man crush on this guy (I ain't scared to say it, don't judge me). By day 2, it was like I had a caddie. He knew my shot shape, he knew my club distances, and he was telling me what to do and where to aim anytime I asked. I learned a ton in just two days of playing golf with him. Shots I would have never considered, he had me taking and I didn't execute on all of them, but I certainly hit alot of good ones that I would have never considered. I sucked yesterday, but played well Wednesday, and still even yesterday Keenan was supportive, and usually reminded me that the Miller Lite sitting in my cart was still cold and I should enjoy it.

@JasonFinleyCG was one of two I never got to play with, but he's exactly what you would imagine him to be. He's very proud of the company he works for, has a WEALTH of knowledge about all things golf, is hilariously funny, talks trash and is just a life of the party kind of guy. It was an honor to hear him talk and just be able to banter back and forth with him in general. I'm definitely disappointed I didn't get to play with him, but it's just how the event unfolded and is what it is. I really hope to meet him again someday, hopefully my game will show up in front of him that day too.

@jfox789 was my roomate and I couldn't of asked for much more there. He's a young guy still (I had 10 years on him) with such a bright future ahead of him both inside of golf and outside of golf, and he was super easy for me to get along with. The dude ended up with a 74 yesterday on the Champions Course I believe. He's an absolute stick, and the crazy part is he's never really been fit, he isn't a complicated golfer, he just plays his game and crushes the snot out of the ball. I mean...one laser after another. He isn't one of those guys that has bags of equipment laying around, he has what works and sticks to it, so I'm reallllly curious to see what happens with his bag after all he's learned because obviously Keenan and Jason made the value of a fitting pretty crystal clear to him, haha. I would not be shocked at all to see him at scratch after a fitting and some new stuff. He was a joy to watch.

@Carolina Dundee I had met before the event. He's also a pretty darn laid back dude. He probably thinks I'm psycho because I'm not quite as laid back haha. I like a plan and details, but he was great leading up to the event, and he was great after the event yesterday. He continued to remind me you gotta shake off the bad rounds and continue to play. Brent and I will certainly play with some regular cadence, he's a really easy guy to get along with. He's a two hour drive away, and will absolutely be a life long golf buddy.

@BigDill is another guy I can't say enough about. Being the only local for this experience his hospitality was off the charts. He picked me up and hauled my butt 1.5 hours to the event, took me to the airport yesterday through horrible traffic. Had dinner planned for my arrival date. He brought beers, he brought water, he brought coffee, he had a wealth of knowledge around THP history and other THP'rs and talks highly of ALL OF THEM. I just don't even know how to describe it, but the guy was one of the most hospitable guys I've ever met. He gave so much to make the experience great for all of the rest of us COMPLETE strangers, which is super super cool. You need a guy like this at every event. He delivered.

@Bernoulli was the 2nd guy, I didn't actually end up getting to play with, but we all know the story here. If you're under the age of 18, ear muff it for me, he straight whooped my ass yesterday. I was disappointed obviously in my play, but I'm not even sure I would've beat him with my best day, all in all it was very humbling. I liked that matchup, I felt good going into Wednesday and well...lol. I got a chance to talk to him, and overall Bernoulli is a super genuine nice guy. He, like me was in awe at times of just being at PGA National and being able to play golf there and with all these great people in the industry. It was a pleasure to meet you Bernoulli

Finally, @Tenputt , I got a chance to not only see Tenputt play, but also sat down to eat breakfast with him the last day. He's just a great guy, we got to talk a little about life and I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. I hope I can get out to Salt Lake some day and play with him. He had a personality and demeanor VERY close to my father which made me feel right at home. And even though he was a competitor he still encouraged me and suggested I don't give myself enough credit which is always refreshing to hear. But he's a great golfer. I was in awe to see him strike the ball as one of the older guys of the group. And I mean his short game was stunning as well. Just a great guy overall!

That's alot of text, but for those of you still reading...as my first THP experience, I can personally say it's everything you think it's going to be and more. My emotions were an absolute roller coaster like I've never experienced. You go from teary eyed AWE at just being around some of the biggest names in the industry, playing at a course the pros play at, to just genuinely happy walking around snapping pictures to share it as well as you can with you guys at home. I had more than a few Miller Lites with Keenan while we golfed, to frustrated on bad shots, to sad when the event is over in a blink of an eye. It's just so much to take in, in all of the very best ways possible! It was an absolute privilege to experience it, and I can't wait to sign up for dozens more to come to hopefully get the opportunity to be a part of one again. It was literally a dream come true for me.
Thank you for the kind words. Very well spoken. Please look me up in SLC anytime.

I do have to correct one item. I was not one of “the older guys of the group.” I was the OLDEST guy of the group. The great thing about THP experiences, though, is that age differences don’t matter. Different backgrounds don’t matter. People come together, often for the first time, and part as great buddies.

I suspect that part of this refreshing, but unique phenomenon is that golfers tend to be good folk. However, much credit must be given to the atmosphere that has been cultivated by @JB, @GolferGal, the THP staff, the great sponsors and all of the THPers, who contribute in their various ways to ensure something special for many to enjoy.

This was another incredible experience for all of us who participated. Thank you to the community for the encouragement.

Thank you for the kind words. Very well spoken. Please look me up in SLC anytime.

I do have to correct one item. I was not one of “the older guys of the group.” I was the OLDEST guy of the group. The great thing about THP experiences, though, is that age differences don’t matter. Different backgrounds don’t matter. People come together, often for the first time, and part as great buddies.

I suspect that part of this refreshing, but unique phenomenon is that golfers tend to be good folk. However, much credit must be given to the atmosphere that has been cultivated by @JB, @GolferGal, the THP staff, the great sponsors and all of the THPers, who contribute in their various ways to ensure something special for many to enjoy.

This was another incredible experience for all of us who participated. Thank you to the community for the encouragement.

I had to chuckle when @V14_Heels referred to you as one of the “older guys” :D

Not us on this one. We do plan, create and execute, but when it comes to the people, that is all you guys. I made a comment at dinner when asked about the jerks, that 95% of the golf industry are genuinely good people. Those are who I choose to do the events with. There are 5% that make me scratch my head and wonder. I think the same goes true in this community for the most part. So the odds are in our favor that good people will show up and ready to have some fun.

I have an update for those of you that have been following along heavily, for those of you that haven't you're going to say wth is this guy talking about. Either way I kind of like it.

The 12 pack of 6 pairs of socks only had LEFT ONES! I have 12 L socks and 0 R socks. What kind of sh..?

Hold up, after a little detective work! We have a new update to #sockgate.

Guys...the L stands for Large. Not Left.

Hold up, after a little detective work! We have a new update to #sockgate. Guys...the L stands for Large. Not Left.

Problem solved, no further questions needed by us on that one right? Haha

Hey, just don't get old :ROFLMAO:

Man, I'm scared to say this, because I'm sure I'll take backlash. I liked and enjoyed playing the Match Course more than the Champions Course, but that has WAY more to do with me and my skill vs. anything else. I'm sure I'm in the minority here. It was awesome to see the Bear Trap and take it in, but it's really tough for me to fully enjoy something shooting 111, or whatever the heck it is I ended up with. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, I can't wait to watch the Honda Classic and yell "I was there I was there!" But I'm just being totally honest, the champions course was just way over my head, I'm just not quite there yet. I've never played anything that hard before or anything like it.

I really really enjoyed the Match Course. I loved talking with a partner at every tee box debating where to tee off, I loved the strategy around it, it was just a whole new aspect that added so much for me, and the course was still really cool and unique. It kind of reminded me of a Stranz design a little bit. It had some great holes, some ridiculous greens, it was very new, but it is the course I would go back and play for sure. It's just a very smart design especially if you have golfers of different skills because you could use it as a handicap tool as well. I just saw so many cool things with the Match course. I was a massive fan of it.

There is nothing wrong with preferring one course over the other. I played 2 awesome courses recently and there were people that preferred each course and for very different reasons.

It sparks a fun concert if they can be respectful.

The ability to bring a GC Quad along to experiences is awesome. @JB do you bring it to all or most experiences?

The ability to bring a GC Quad along to experiences is awesome. @JB do you bring it to all or most experiences?
If I drive, it is with me. If I fly it comes to about half depending on what else needs to be brought. Other factors are at play such as where the experience is held may have their own devices, such as ECPC.

If I drive, it is with me. If I fly it comes to about half depending on what else needs to be brought. Other factors are at play such as where the experience is held may have their own devices, such as ECPC.

@JB Unfortunately there is only one professional fitter that is not a Golftec within about an hour of me. They use a GC2 and say to bring your own balls. Do you know anything about a GC2 (I assume it is the model or two before the GC Quad) and if it is trustworthy? My other alternative is to wait until I'm visiting my family and get fitted at the TrueSpec near them (ClubChampion is unfortunately geographically not as accessible). Thanks in advance!

Back