Would you try to drive this green?

I'd much rather FW wood - wedge in.

Garbage cans full of white claws and crushed cans in the woods. It’s the second most expensive public course in the area, but assuming folks are sleeping 8 hours per day, the price doesn’t stop them from spending 35% of their waking hours for a round here.
I'm not a patient man.

Probably hit driver if only because my natural shape is a cut and there isn't a ton of trouble if I hang out a bit to the right.

Honestly, the trees behind the green block most of the slope from being a factor, so I play it like 260 carry and swing as hard as I can with driver.

I'm not a patient man.
Look if you hit into the guys on the green they should really just applaud because it was a fantastic shot.

Driver and that will hopefully leave me a wedge into the green.

Negative, ghostrider.

I'm going with a 4H, then either a 54 or 58 degree.

I can honestly say I do not play with anyone who looks at 310 yards as drivable.
You're looking at the wrong number haha - the post says 260 to get on the green. 310 is his Arccos driver number.

You're looking at the wrong number haha - the post says 260 to get on the green. 310 is his Arccos driver number.
310 is the Arccos slope calculation, but like I said the trees block most of the slope on this hole.

no likely not, i think more often than not i'd have a better shot at birdie by hitting it left and leaving a little flip wedge in.

We actually have a hole like this at our course, except it normally plays as a 220yd par 3. There is talk about making it a short par 4, and sometimes we play it like that. It's a very very similar design.

Nope can't reach it, play it short left of green, easy chip up and birdie chance.

Without a doubt. It really doesn't look very intimidating, and I guarantee I'm giving a stroke to the course on that one, so full send on a big fade carry.

I’m not driving this hole in any lifetime (past, present or future). But I’m still hitting driver off the tee.

So people roll up, see 260, and go big flex.
I don’t really believe in slope, so that’s typically my recommendation.

100% chance I’m going for it. I don’t really mind playing out of the sand, so that doesn’t scare me. Zero risk of me going long. Realistically I end up short and have to pitch it.

Yes, worst thing that happens is you’re in a green side bunker hitting two.

Absolutely. Worst case scenario I end up short and left anyway

Couldn't drive it that far uphill even if I flushed it.

It'd be 3 wood and a wedge every day of the week.

Fair enough. At 262 I'm not going for it, as I won't carry it. I mean, I might, just for fun let one fly and it will probably end up missing left so I'll be just fine haha

Depends how the round is going. The worse the score so far, the greater the chance I pull driver

Boom. Hell yes I am hitting driver.

Yes, worst thing that happens is you’re in a green side bunker hitting two.
We have very different definitions of “worst thing that happens” 😂
5755B291-38BE-479F-87C9-A25CE4CE9CF5.jpeg

I can't reach that. so no. But in league, we have a few courses with holes like this. Since we play for skins....the bombers absolutely go for them.

Back