how jekyll and hyde is your game?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
do you regularly find yourself nailing a tee shot then hitting the approach and making par/birdie on one hole...only to punt the next tee shot, recover with a nice mid iron approach then ice that cake with a super 3 putt?

Not nearly as much as I used to.

Feels like all Hyde lately, with the odd Jekyll thrown just to confuse

They invented the acronym “PBFU” for a reason! 😆

My game is so bipolar that I can go from a great shot to a disaster in successive strokes. It seems like there’s always at least one or two holes every round where it’s like I suddenly forgot how to play golf, and just absolutely butcher them.

I think mine is 100% Jekyll and Hyde. 🤣

Perfect example:
- Par 5 with water that cuts across the fairway about 260 off the tee.
- Hit perfect drive, just short of the water.
- Top a 7 iron into the water on a lay up attempt.
- Take a drop and proceed to smoke the same 7 iron to just 50 yards short of the green.
- Hit a wedge to about 5 feet.
- 3 putt from there for a triple bogey.

:facepalm::banghead:

I think mine is 100% Jekyll and Hyde. 🤣

Perfect example:
- Par 5 with water that cuts across the fairway about 260 off the tee.
- Hit perfect drive, just short of the water.
- Top a 7 iron into the water on a lay up attempt.
- Take a drop and proceed to smoke the same 7 iron to just 50 yards short of the green.
- Hit a wedge to about 5 feet.
- 3 putt from there for a triple bogey.

:facepalm::banghead:

I would call my game Hyde with a touch of Jekyll.

Mine is more Jekyl than Hyde.

Can hit a great drive, then approach shot is horrible. Or, have a great green in reg and then 3 putt. Happens too often for me.

My game is more bi-polar than my ex-wife!

Not very. Mostly it's a horribly wide tee shot out of the blue, and then a good recovery. An actual pattern or round of it is pretty rare. Fun when it happens though.

Just read through my recap of my round in Georgia for the :projectx::mizuno:Experience. Legit would hit good drive, shank/chunk/top, stick a wedge close, and two putt. Did this multiple times and at least one time it happened 3 holes in a row :ROFLMAO:

not only is mine Jeckle and Hyde from shot to shot, it's also round to round. I can shoot 81 and the next time shoot 97. It's been really frustrating lately.

If I have a hard time getting into an early groove, I can play the front 9 at 8 over par and play the back 2 or 3 under. Go figure, doesn’t happen too often anymore but always learned to keep grinding. Bounce back 9’s are very common.

My Jekyll and Hyde has caused me to shoot 49/39 twice this year. Not to mention the birdie followed by a double bogey.

Not so much today but yesterday I went par, birdie, bogey, bogey, birdie, birdie, bogey. There was a lot of geometry on the card when I got done.

All. The. Time

My game was Jekyll & Hyde the entire season, and usually within the context of each individual hole! I got off the tee pretty well all year, but God could only know what might happen with the approach. Chunk it, blade it, top it, shove it, pull it, you name it! Then, once I managed to get the ball to the green, I putted pretty well. Talk about a frustrating golf season!

My Jekyll & Hyde action is more hole by hole or front nine / back nine that it is shot by shot.

I've had rounds of double/birdie/par/double/birdie/double/par/par or 48 front/34 back far more often than I've wasted a good drive by laying the sod over the next shot.

Not so much today but yesterday I went par, birdie, bogey, bogey, birdie, birdie, bogey. There was a lot of geometry on the card when I got done.
I circle pars, put a square around bogeys and a star around birdies. My scorecards often look like a third grader's geometry homework. :ROFLMAO:

It’s not quite as bad as it used to be, but the game can be tricky and I’ve definitely had my share of good and bad!

Yes I know that golfer. B@st@ard. I have learned to let it go so that helps for sure.

The Jeckle &Hyde of my game is within the tee shot. How I score a hole is directly correlated with where my 2nd shot(stroke) comes from. This has led me to play less than driver on many tee shots.

Nope, there's no Jekyll... it's all Hyde. I might be okay off the tee... then my shots for the rest of the hole are terrible. And my trademarked 3 or 4 putt.:ROFLMAO:

I tend to be pretty steady. I don’t make a ton of birdies but I rarely have blow up holes either.

Back