LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I don't think to a man anyone is saying they don't want team THP to win. Being a part of two of these and not finishing the job is a HUGE regret I have and something that I carry heavy on me because I feel like I let the forum down.

That being said, the competition is not the most important thing. It's the relationships, the experience, the memories and all the little things that happen along the way that I would not trade for any wins. There was a reason I cried on that balcony in 2019 saying my goodbye to this event, and it wasn't because we lost. I want to win, everyone wants to win, but not at the expense of missing out on what #TheGrandaddy is all about.

Leave it to my fellow high-crown brother to say it better than I did! You da man MikeG

Good luck today guys! I'm bummed I have to hit the road for work but I'll be checking in whenever I can a chance.

Soak up that ride to The Hideaway. It's almost a religious experience pulling up to the clubhouse. Make sure to get the best yogurt parfait in the world for breakfast (the breakfast sliders are alright I guess too) and check out the pro shop.

One bit of advice I would give you also is to take a moment on the balcony and soak in the view. It's absolutely amazing to be standing there, blessed by this opportunity and take the scene in.

I'm so jealous of you guys, so excited for you guys and so thankful up THP and Callaway for giving this opportunity to a bunch of Internet golf nerds like it's to experience this event.

Good luck boys!

I must have missed the fine print with this going 100 mph.

When is the shotgun start? Tia

CAE166E6-5DD2-4E19-B417-E6A8EA4563AC.jpeg

It’s Hideaway, day 1.

You’ll probably never drive into a club with more excitement and hope. The Hideaway exceeds pictures and descriptions, mostly because of the people and the event.

Have the time of your life today. Look around and enjoy the views, enjoy the sliders, enjoy the pro shop, enjoy your gear, enjoy hanging with new friends, and do it with a smile.

Let’s go Team THP!

@JDax @Canadan and @e1iterate, thank you for spending time today to speak about the Grandaddy. You had to spend way more time than the hour and a half you were on live stream getting ready for it.

Drink ninjas was my favorite part! Love and can’t wait to experience it!

Buddy it is our pleasure. Dax and I have been doing these together every year since he has gone and it always a lot of fun for us and a way for us to be involved and give back.

Best of luck today, Captain. The team is ready. Play well.

I want to see a BUNCH of this today!

View attachment 9050800

It’s Hideaway, day 1.

You’ll probably never drive into a club with more excitement and hope. The Hideaway exceeds pictures and descriptions, mostly because of the people and the event.

Have the time of your life today. Look around and enjoy the views, enjoy the sliders, enjoy the pro shop, enjoy your gear, enjoy hanging with new friends, and do it with a smile.

Let’s go Team THP!

my man Spencer! Right with you

5D1102ED-70C9-4738-AA93-996F589FFB08.jpeg

Man a bunch of dudes are about to get to see the Hideaway for their first time.

I am SO jealous, you cannot describe the feeling of pulling up to that guard shack, winding through to the clubhouse, catching small glimpses of the course along the way...

For those following along at home, scoring from my end will be simple. Once matches are won it will be updated at the top. Each match will have a running tally based on holes completed. Once points are earned, I will update the overall to show where the teams stand

Live Scoring Update - THP 0 PTS Callaway 0 PTS
Day 1 Match Shamble
Match 1-
THP - RealPretendPsychic | cm24 -
Callaway - Finley | Kim Johnson -
Overall -

Match 2-
Muchmore18 | xThor -
JRod | JeffNewton -
Overall -

Match 3-
93civiccpe | MattyD -
Luke | Lexi -
Overall -

Match 4-
Nappy | Vader -
Austin | Ethan -
Overall -

Match 5-
Afizzle2100 | blazinden-
DNevs | Nick -
Overall -

Match 6-
Golfers Anonymous | Tevenor -
JohnnyCallaway | Royce -

Overall -

Play from eh back seat boys, Don't need to drive. Don't feel like your hunched up on the steering wheel and trying to take control, feel like you are in the back seat letting someone else drive the car, all comfy and rested and relaxed......you have planned and prepared for this, so relax and play rom the comfy back seat
I love this analogy

For those following along at home, scoring from my end will be simple. Once matches are won it will be updated at the top. Each match will have a running tally based on holes completed. Once points are earned, I will update the overall to show where the teams stand

Day 1 Match Shamble
Match 1-
Overall -

Match 2-
Muchmore18 | xThor -
JRod | JeffNewton -
Overall -

Match 3-
93civiccpe | MattyD -
Luke | Lexi -
Overall -

Match 4-
Nappy | Vader -
Austin | Ethan -
Overall -

Match 5-
Afizzle2100 | blazinden-
DNevs | Nick -
Overall -

Match 6-
JohnnyCallaway | Royce -

Overall -

Thanks again for all of this!

I need to peruse the 'Bay for some Hideaway gear in my size. I gave everything to my brother because it was all tents on me.
I stocked up on 1/4 zips but grabbed some polos last year from the pro shop. Our year those didn't fit after my weight loss and I gave those away....

I don't think to a man anyone is saying they don't want team THP to win. Being a part of two of these and not finishing the job is a HUGE regret I have and something that I carry heavy on me because I feel like I let the forum down.

That being said, the competition is not the most important thing. It's the relationships, the experience, the memories and all the little things that happen along the way that I would not trade for any wins. There was a reason I cried on that balcony in 2019 saying my goodbye to this event, and it wasn't because we lost. I want to win, everyone wants to win, but not at the expense of missing out on what #TheGrandaddy is all about.
I disagree with none of that except the part where you said "I let the forum down." I don't think that anyone has ever felt let down on the forum in that regard. I think you can safely let that one go. If our team gets blown out today, I guarantee I will think no less of any single team member on Team THP. I love them all and love following them regardless of the outcome.

Again, I'm not trying to take away from the feeling of walking on a pristine private course, getting to meet some of the greats in the golf industry, getting awesome swag that literally isn't even released to the public, getting fit by the same people that fit Phil Mickelson, or hanging with friends and shooting the breeze over cocktails. It's all awesome, and if your top 5 list for a THP experience is filled with all that stuff, I'm all for it!

BUT on the flipside I'm also all for the guy that has a top 5 list filled with things like, it felt awesome to win the event with my team, it felt awesome to talk hole strategy with my playing partner in our shambles match, I love talking smack with Jason Finley, I loved reviewing the green book with my captain the night before, or I will never forget that 15' I sunk to win the hole that gave us the 2 and 1 victory.

I think both to 5 lists are amazing and awesome for different reasons, and I don't think one has to live the experience the way anyone thinks they should have to. Neither deserves a negative stigma in my opinion. Again we all have different personalities and enjoy experiences differently, and I'm personally very ok with that.

Haha I remember that yo! Always take advice from Al, especially when it involves tequila 👌
What’s up AJ? I hope all is well..

Day 1 Match Shamble
Match 1-
Overall -

Match 2-
Muchmore18 | xThor -
JRod | JeffNewton -
Overall -

Match 3-
93civiccpe | MattyD -
Luke | Lexi -
Overall -

Match 4-
Nappy | Vader -
Austin | Ethan -
Overall -

Match 5-
Afizzle2100 | blazinden-
DNevs | Nick -
Overall -

Match 6-
JohnnyCallaway | Royce -

Overall -
Thank you for this 👊

E30B2454-E208-41FC-AF7B-7EFC1A57E3FB.gif
LFG… It’s almost time…

This may be the only photo of this man I’ve ever seen without the ear to ear grin !!!
He's smiling on the inside! ;)

Anyone else excited about the side missions on this adventure....

Like the damage done in the Hideaway Pro shop.

Back