2022 Golf Course Memberships

We are going back to our old course. We left last year and have regretted it.
Pretty damn excited to get back to be honest.

Still looking for a membership to join, but if I found a men’s league I would probably do that instead.

Owners, mostly. I don't thin the pro cares one way or the other.

Also, our GM probably did a terrible job selling my brilliant idea of a trail fee and/or selling through the pro shop.

Sounds frustrating.

No, I will rejoin mine for the 12 straight year probably next week depending on weather. It expired in September but I had to take some time off to let some injuries heal. Only other option I have whre I live is a private course that costs more than I want to pay and it is not that much better.

Joined a membership that includes free greens fees to 4 local courses for two years — couldn’t pass it up. Excited!

There is an executive course across the street that I am buying two annual passes to (one each for Alyssa and I). Plan is to play two-three times after work each week, with more serious golf on the weekends.

I’ll reactivate my membership at the Ole Miss course, unless they go batsh** crazy on a fee change. It had been held in abeyance for medical reasons. The local country club 600+ golf members. In season, if you want a tee time, you’re fighting the masses for tee times between 8 and 1. It’s dead from about 2 on. I don’t mind playing in the afternoon but I’m not keen on the new initiation fee and soon to be $425 monthly fee with a newly imposed $100 a month food and beverage minimum.

A lot of personal and family things happening in the next couple months, so the wife and I have agreed to pause our membership for the time being. Hopefully we can restart it in the summer, but likely not going to be able to play as much the first part of the year as I did last year.

the good part is, that means I’ll make the rounds count, and work to play with THPers more!

Making my decision this week on the 9 hole course in my neighborhood or the public course ran by the city. The 18 hole city course has a new pricing structure.

No change for me. I’ll renew my membership at Pacific Grove. The one change is I’ll try and play in some competitions in 2022.

New course this year for me. Will be a bit longer drive but worth it. 18 hole course, nice range and putting chipping green. All greens are elevated so that will be different for sure. Slope will increase from 112 to 124. Really looking forward to playing a tougher course and getting better.
Going to Mac or the other direction?

Oh **** I just looked and my course is increasing memberships from $725 to $1,100 plus instead of $15/round it’s $20/round… will probably still do it, but damn that hurts!
Crap, this may be a harder sell than I anticipated. I may have to create a whole new thread to discuss my options. You better believe I already have a spreadsheet drawn up!

They added two courses to my plan. Well three but ones not worth playing imo for the price they charge. That makes 4 good courses. 3 fair and 2 I’ll pass. Of course that comes with and increase in the cost. But it’s still a fair deal if o use it.

I still plan to renew at my home course… we’ll see what their plans are for next season. There were talks of doing some greens and tee box maintenance.

mine is the same, got a club card at another course as well. Will have 2 places to play next year!

Letting it ride and hoping I can make better use of it next year. I effectively made a few months worth of generous donations this year.

We just joined one on a winter trial we had thought about joining this year. Not sure if we'll end up staying for the year, but I like it enough that I think getting the wife to spend more time there might convince her. She really enjoyed having a club at one point, but this one could definitely be closer.

We will be staying with the same club - there are a couple other clubs around us, but one is at least double the price, another is over-populated so getting a tee time is a lottery, and the third course isn't in anywhere near as good condition as ours

Oh **** I just looked and my course is increasing memberships from $725 to $1,100 plus instead of $15/round it’s $20/round… will probably still do it, but damn that hurts!
Wow that's a pretty substantial increase. It's a steal compared to what my course charges, but I know that pricing is regional.

Just to clarify, you pay the $1100 and then pay $20/round on top of that?

No change for me - we've got a good group of guys and play first thing in the morning. I am looking at buying a prepaid package of vouchers this year and splitting it with a couple of the other guys. It saves about $12 / round. I can't get my money out of a membership, so this is the next best thing.

No change planned for me this year. Whilst there are courses in the area that I enjoy playing more, I really like the practice facilities at my place and also the pro that I'm working with knows my game and how to move it forwards.

Got my very first golf club membership on Monday. Excited to get out on the course with a vengeance in 2022.

I'll be staying at the same course, in fact I've already paid for my 2022 membership.

I expect the annual pass cost to go up at the course I joined this past year. However, it isn't just the cost of the annual membership that has me considering joining elsewhere, it is the 30 mile each way drive and the resulting money I spend in gas on top of that membership. When I figure in gas expense, I can join another course much closer to home for about 1/2 the overall cost. The course isn't anywhere as nice, but the greens are pretty good, and the rest of the course is "playable".

Wow that's a pretty substantial increase. It's a steal compared to what my course charges, but I know that pricing is regional.

Just to clarify, you pay the $1100 and then pay $20/round on top of that?
Yup there’s a flat fee plus a per round fee.

Back