2022 Golf Course Memberships

Staying put at our club.
We have enjoyed it. Love the dining there.
The course is fun and I can play in a couple of hours.

Funny story when we were heading out to play. Push carts are free and they offered one to @Canadan to take for the round as they kind of just sit around. He didn't oblige and instead carried. The look on his face when they said if you want one just take it, was pretty funny.

No plans to change here. We are a municipal with limited memberships. Both Out of town and in town went up 25%. However, one of the perks of old age, Legacy membership unchanged. I’m staying put. We get first out times (1st hour) on weekends so no worries about slow play. Great group of folks and an association of about 140 for tournaments every other weekend in season.

My club is a 2 year deal, so I have another year to go. No idea what they'll do after that but I'm hoping that they'll have a tiered membership.

Just locked in for next year. Save a bit of money and get some extra food and beverage paying early, so it was a no brainer. I’ve really enjoyed the course and membership since we joined a couple years back.

I would love to join a club.
But, up here in New Jersey, the costs are crazy!
1 local club is $4500 + carts. Small chipping/putting facility. No drivers on the range. Not a walking course. Between 10 & 11 holes it is easily 1/2 mile. Between 13 & 14 holes it’s easy 3/4 mile.
I figure would have to play 60+ rounds to break even.
Other club is $4200 so… these are cost prohibitive. Plus each course have to spend $125 a quarter for F&B.
Lastly a group of 3 courses, all 3 average, has a deal For $125 a month (12 months ) you have “access” to all 3 to book early tee times, and have discounted rates. You get 50% off, so each course would be approx $35 per round. ROI on this I calculate to be About 42 rounds. Maybe I would play this much… but maybe not. 1 of the courses is pretty far, and can only hit irons at the range. 1 course doesn’t even have a range.

wish I lived further south. A buddy of mi e pays $1200 a year for full access. He plays 40+ times a year…..

Yes. I'm changing courses for the first time since taking up the game 11 years ago. Going with a course much closer to the house in hopes of increasing how often I play. I'll probably get a 2nd membership at my original course in the fall. That membership would carry over to 2023.

No membership anywhere for me. no prospects either.:(:confused2:

Not a member anywhere. Won’t be again next year.

Pretty spoiled where we live. $525 membership fee for a nice family owned 18 hole golf course that has reciprocols with 2 other courses that we can play 18 holes for $25 with cart. Have been a member for 15 years now. Not the longest course but well maintained and can get tricky when it gets dry in the summer time.

As of right now I’m planning on becoming a member at the course on the military base close by. As a former military member an unlimited membership will run me $1400 for the season. Next best option would be another course close by at $2K. There is a gorgeous semi-private about a 5 minute drive from me but I don’t quite run in the member circles they cater to quite yet 😉.

Been at the same club for years. Love it there. We have been through several owners over the years most recently a five yearperiod where the managment company was out of the Southwest. They just never could figure out the Northeast and last year sold their three local club as well as ofhers in fhe Northeast. The new group in one year has done an incredible job doing more in one year than prior ownership combined over many years and the future looks bright.

Last edited:
I am staying put at my club until I die. That was the deal I made with my wife when I joined. Our greens just closed this week and I am counting the days until they open again hopefully in mid-March.

I've got a course less than a mile away in the past the course was severely neglected by previous ownership. To the point where the clubhouse had to be condemned due to unrepaired water damage and a whole host of other issues. It changed ownership around early 2020 and the new owners have been working really hard to restore it to its former glory. They have drastically improved the condition of the course and as of a few weeks ago have begun the work of tearing down the dilapidated clubhouse to build a new one.

I've been playing the course all year and I really enjoy it. The front nine is very difficult for me then the back 9 opens up a bit. It's super convenient and being so close it means I can probably get a round or at least 9 in every day. I mainly just want to support the amazing work the new management has done to restore it.

We are reupping at our club for next year. This summer our son will be able to participate in the camps they have, and we should be able to get him out on the course. We love all of the other amenities offered. Will be pre-paying dues in January and getting a few free guest rounds for that.

There are pretty limited choices near me - it's either the public course 5 mins from my house or the private club 10 mins from my house. The private club is excellent (Donald Ross designed course in excellent shape), but compared to the public course it's a big price bump and I already play in leagues at the public track with friends, which I plan to continue doing. And I like to play other courses in the area as well. So dropping (comparatively) big money for the club doesn't really make sense - especially when I have a friend who is a member there so I can get a few rounds in a year there.

Unless we physically relocate somewhere else, I'll probably stay with this plan for the foreseeable future.

Getting a season pass at a muni down the street. It once held a U.S. Open in the early 1900s which is pretty cool. The golf isn’t the best but I think it will be a good track for teaching me how to score

I’ll reactivate my membership at the Ole Miss course, unless they go batsh** crazy on a fee change. It had been held in abeyance for medical reasons. The local country club 600+ golf members. In season, if you want a tee time, you’re fighting the masses for tee times between 8 and 1. It’s dead from about 2 on. I don’t mind playing in the afternoon but I’m not keen on the new initiation fee and soon to be $425 monthly fee with a newly imposed $100 a month food and beverage minimum.

Man I miss the University Course. They were just about to remodel when I was heading out of town. My freshman roommate and I figured out if you got there early before the semester started you could have the pro shop bill your student membership to your Bursar Account. Then when all your financial aid kicked in it just paid the account. I'm sure they didn't actually pay for the golf but it sure seemed like we had figured things out back then. Walked that track many many times over the years.

Haven't played it since the redo. Need to fix that.

Going to Mac or the other direction?
I am in Herington, so going to Hesston Golf Park this year. About 50 minute drive for me, but they have a mens club that plays every Saturday and Sunday morning so will be easy to meet some guys and have people to play with regular. Definitely harder than my little 9 hole course is.
We need to get together next year to play a few times, @shanewu and his dad meet up at least once a month somewhere to play.

I am in Herington, so going to Hesston Golf Park this year. About 50 minute drive for me, but they have a mens club that plays every Saturday and Sunday morning so will be easy to meet some guys and have people to play with regular. Definitely harder than my little 9 hole course is.
We need to get together next year to play a few times, @shanewu and his dad meet up at least once a month somewhere to play.
Love Hesston! haven't played there in ages. The Rejects played there frequently and always brought their own coolers haha

Man I miss the University Course. They were just about to remodel when I was heading out of town. My freshman roommate and I figured out if you got there early before the semester started you could have the pro shop bill your student membership to your Bursar Account. Then when all your financial aid kicked in it just paid the account. I'm sure they didn't actually pay for the golf but it sure seemed like we had figured things out back then. Walked that track many many times over the years.

Haven't played it since the redo. Need to fix that.
When we’re you in Oxford?

I was here for law school and then my first lawyer job from 1987-94. The course is magnitudes better now. The greens are really good, better than the country club. Give me a shout when you can get down here. I’d love to tee it up with you.

No change here.
Plan to re-up with our town course and county golf membership for discounted green fees.
Would love to join a private CC but being in North Jersey the initiative fees are only palatable if you’re a Fortune 500 CEO or hedge fund executive.

When we’re you in Oxford?

I was here for law school and then my first lawyer job from 1987-94. The course is magnitudes better now. The greens are really good, better than the country club. Give me a shout when you can get down here. I’d love to tee it up with you.

I was there from 2002 - 2008 for ungrad and grad.

Will definitely hit you up next time I am down. Will be making at least 1-2 trips down to Grenada this year so I'm planning on stopping in for a round either at the UM Course or heading on down to Magnolia by the dam.

Staying put at our club.
We have enjoyed it. Love the dining there.
The course is fun and I can play in a couple of hours.

Funny story when we were heading out to play. Push carts are free and they offered one to @Canadan to take for the round as they kind of just sit around. He didn't oblige and instead carried. The look on his face when they said if you want one just take it, was pretty funny.
Ugh. Why must you remind me.

Love Hesston! haven't played there in ages. The Rejects played there frequently and always brought their own coolers haha
They have a new course manager and he has already said changes will be made and they have started on somethings already. I mean for $775 it is a good deal even having to drive 50 miles. Only takes about 33 rounds to cover the cost of the membership so worth it to me.

Back