What do you use in the 4h/7W/driving iron/4i spot?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
I’ve been using my 3h and 5w a ton and have been finding fewer and fewer uses for my 4h. I’ve been contemplating a driving iron, but what do you use in that spot in your bag?

I 🥰 my 7W

Driving iron for me. Currently is the Cobra 3u

Currently use a Cobra Radspeed 4i. Will be moving to a Callaway X Forged UT and I can’t freaking wait!

I alternate between the 4i and the 4h. My swing is more consistant with the 4i albiet about 1 club shorter then 4h. The advantage of the 4h is that is is a good club for me to chip/putt from the fringe. My 3h battles with my 3w. 3w is longer but 3h much lower dispersion. Right now have the 3w in the bag because winter golf conditions make course very long

I think it's good to have one hybrid in the bag - I use a 4H most of the time although I love my 7 wd.

T300 4i is what I use in the 4i spot.

I’ve got a 4 hybrid and also a heavenwood which is maybe more a 2 and a half to 3 iron.

I go 5 iron, 21* Callaway UW, then 17* Callaway UW.

Have both a 4i bent strong and a 4h.

4H...my H65 is a great club. every time i think i wanna replace it with a newer model, i just hit it and it shows why it doesn't need to be replaced.

I am a big fan of 7W.

I have a bit of a mess. I carry a Cobra Tour 5W that I have lofted to 16. King Tec 3H lofted down to 18. (The 5 wood is about to be moved out) then a RADSpeed 21 and 24. I have 4 clubs within 6 degrees. The 5 wood will be a 3W soon and I'm likely to make the 21 and 24 into one club soon. Maybe another King Tec around 22 degrees.

Super Hybrid.

3w/5w/4h/5h/5i There is a bit of a extra coverage between the 5h and 5i but it works for me in situations .

I go from my 5 iron to 7 wood to 5 wood, etc.

Heavenwood for now.

I go 5w, 4i. I rarely hit the 4i though, it’s more a punch out of trouble thing.

Currently 4w to 3h to 4i.

Will be soon 3w to UW to 4i.

Currently use a Cobra Radspeed 4i. Will be moving to a Callaway X Forged UT and I can’t freaking wait!
I need to know more about this. Used a Speedzone 4i in the past, and have pondered the X Forged UT. What gains did you see? Also, what shafts did you go from and into?

What kind of gap do you have between the 5 iron and UW?
I still don’t know the answer to that question. I put the UWs in the bag late in the year and was also adjusting to new irons. I only hit the 5 iron a few times on the course, so I don’t have a good yardage for it yet. I think the gap off the tee will be about 15 yards. Off the turf, it might stretch a little closer to 20, which is a little more than I would like, but a little longer gap when we are talking approaches from 190 to 215 yards is not the end of the world for me, given that I am only hoping to hit the green and if that allows me to cover yardages from the green to 215 yards, with extremely good gapping through the scoring irons/wedges.

I have a 4i and a 4H. 4i is good in the 205-210 range. 215 if I really step on it. Hybrid is good for 225-235.

Callaway Epic 3w (15*) to Callaway Apex UW (19*) to 4i (21*). Up until recently I went from a 3w to a 2i but I decided to switch it up after 3+ decades of that setup and have found it much more user-friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually bag a long iron that I only use as a driving iron and don't try to hit from the fairway.
Thus, that club could very possibly be a loft overlap with a fairway wood.

Back