2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Now I need to get used to the TT.
Prior to using it, I was a guy that used no line or logo. I have since transitioned to it and love the TT from 10 feet and in as well as lining it up on demanding tee shots.

I was putting indoors with the new 2022 X LS triple track again today. They have such an amazing feel.

sure out on the course that are good but since I’m down to my last sleeve I’m spending some more quality time with them until they are available.

Last edited:
Prior to using it, I was a guy that used no line or logo. I have since transitioned to it and love the TT from 10 feet and in as well as lining it up on demanding tee shots.

this was me. I just couldn’t get used to it early on. I think mostly because it showed how off my alignment was. It took a bit for me to trust it, but once I did it was a game changer. I still don’t use it on shorter putts because for me that’s more feel/touch, but anything outside of 10’ I’m using it all day

I tested both the Chrome Soft X and Chrome Soft X LS this evening with my MD5 Jaws wedges(50 54 58*) and the Rogue ST Max driver.

The reason I am trying both balls out is because I think the Apex TCB irons were over 1000 more RPM of spin compared to my Apex 19 irons.

The wedges were very good tonight. Of the 60ish shot I think I missed the green with 2 shots and one was because I spun it back 6 yards.

Looking at the spin numbers for each of the sets, they are pretty comparable for each of the wedges.

View attachment 9058436View attachment 9058437View attachment 9058438View attachment 9058439View attachment 9058440View attachment 9058441

I really like the ball speed I was seeing with the CSX with the driver and the spin and launch are great too. It is going to be hard to get the CSXTT out of my bag!
Were there any big differences off the driver?

this was me. I just couldn’t get used to it early on. I think mostly because it showed how off my alignment was. It took a bit for me to trust it, but once I did it was a game changer. I still don’t use it on shorter putts because for me that’s more feel/touch, but anything outside of 10’ I’m using it all day
That's interesting. I'll admit I don't pay a lot of attention to TT talk because it's not my thing, but if you've said before that you use/don't use it like that before and the reasons why, I missed it. Are you a little more head up leading up to your shorter putts and more head down/near target on ones over 10'?

Were there any big differences off the driver?
The ball speed was lower on the CSXLS but I may have been getting tired. I will try lofting up the Driver with the CSXLS to get the really low knuckleballs out of there. Should be fun to test.

That's interesting. I'll admit I don't pay a lot of attention to TT talk because it's not my thing, but if you've said before that you use/don't use it like that before and the reasons why, I missed it. Are you a little more head up leading up to your shorter putts and more head down/near target on ones over 10'?
For me it’s getting the putt starting online. I feel I’m a decent putter and can read/judge greens pretty well, but TT showed me I was a little off with my aim on longer putts. Again it was me trusting the line and adjusting my alignment to match even though it didn’t feel right. Once I trusted it I’m now making more than my fair share of longer putts or just burning the edge on the high side and eliminating 3putts.

for the shorter putts it’s weird but I just trust my eyes because I can see the line easier and then it’s just focusing on pace.

For me it’s getting the putt starting online. I feel I’m a decent putter and can read/judge greens pretty well, but TT showed me I was a little off with my aim on longer putts. Again it was me trusting the line and adjusting my alignment to match even though it didn’t feel right. Once I trusted it I’m now making more than my fair share of longer putts or just burning the edge on the high side and eliminating 3putts.

for the shorter putts it’s weird but I just trust my eyes because I can see the line easier and then it’s just focusing on pace.
Makes sense. Little assist at distances where you kind of lose the line. That's cool.

When I line up a put from behind the ball and then stand over the ball it always looks to me like I am aiming more left of my target than when I lined it up. Feels like my eyes play tricks on me over the ball.

When I’m over the ball need to trust that line. It has helped with my putting. I do prefer the original triple that where the lines were slightly longer and wish they would go back to that.

I used to be this way too. Once I started using TT with a blade putter from 10 feet and in it was a huge help and I felt like I started making more. Weirdly I'm not a huge fan of using it with a mallet that has a longer site line though.

I've never tried it on the tee box though. I might have to give that a try this year on a couple of holes I struggle with keeping it in play on my home course.

Guess I need to pick up a triple track and try it at the local PGATSS. I won't do the single line on the ball, it tends to move when I put it down and I don't trust it. Maybe with 3 lines it is easier to adjust. Might do that today. I need some tees.

I still can't use TT for putting. I don't know if it is the bifocal in my Rx that messes with it or not, but it always looks like it is pointed more left than what I want. Maybe that is an alignment issue or having a slightly open shoulder over a putt.
I may need to try it agin on my putting mat and see how it works.

I still can't use TT for putting. I don't know if it is the bifocal in my Rx that messes with it or not, but it always looks like it is pointed more left than what I want. Maybe that is an alignment issue or having a slightly open shoulder over a putt.

Have you tried lining it up only with your dominant eye just to see what happens.

I played a couple rounds last season with the triple track and haven’t fully adjusted to putting with the triple track. I have played with a line on my ball for years, but that’s just a single line that I put on the ball. I can putt with the single line but I’ll need to get used to the three lines.

I have some triple track balls and my putting mat set up in the basement. I have all winter to get used to the triple track.

Have you tried lining it up only with your dominant eye just to see what happens.
Doesn't matter to me, it always looks off for some reason. Normally I just line up the ball name or the chevron on a Callaway ball and it works for me.
I'm gonna break out the putting mat and line up the TT lines on the putting mat lines and see if it works.

Doesn't matter to me, it always looks off for some reason. Normally I just line up the ball name or the chevron on a Callaway ball and it works for me.
I'm gonna break out the putting mat and line up the TT lines on the putting mat lines and see if it works.

Typically, I don't want to see anything other than the color of the ball when I am putting. Even my putters have no lines. So a triple track would be a new thing but I can see its use on shorter putts for me.

I still don’t use it on shorter putts because for me that’s more feel/touch, but anything outside of 10’ I’m using it all day

That’s interesting as I’m the opposite. I try to focus on feel/speed more from outside 10/15’ and sometimes I get too caught up in the line.

I won't do the single line on the ball, it tends to move when I put it down and I don't trust it. Maybe with 3 lines it is easier to adjust.

This is the big plus about TT in my opinion. I always thought the single line moved/was harder to trust. I know all three can wobble but having the parallel lines increase trust a bunch for me.

as well as lining it up on demanding tee shots.

very underrated feature

Typically, I don't want to see anything other than the color of the ball when I am putting. Even my putters have no lines. So a triple track would be a new thing but I can see its use on shorter putts for me.
So I broke out the putting mat and 2 TT balls and 2 regular balls. Grabbed an alignment stick and measured distance from the mat to stand to eliminate that variable. No difference, I was able to roll the different balls down the line of the mat for 6 and 8 feet without issues (other than the slope of my floor:LOL:)
So for me it is either an alignment issue on the course (open shoulders) or an Rx thing with the bifocals.
I am glad people guys and gals find it useful and if it helps with their putting then it is a great thing.

That’s interesting as I’m the opposite. I try to focus on feel/speed more from outside 10/15’ and sometimes I get too caught up in the line.

for me once the line is set on longer putts it’s all about focusing on pace and 2 putting. It might be unrealistic, (and doesn’t happen as much as I’d like) but inside of 10’ I expect to make more than I miss and that’s where I just trust my eyes and feet.

for me once the line is set on longer putts it’s all about focusing on pace and 2 putting. It might be unrealistic, (and doesn’t happen as much as I’d like) but inside of 10’ I expect to make more than I miss and that’s where I just trust my eyes and feet.
I love golf as we have the exact same thoughts but come at it from different angles.

This is the big plus about TT in my opinion. I always thought the single line moved/was harder to trust. I know all three can wobble but having the parallel lines increase trust a bunch for me.

very underrated feature

Aim smaller, miss smaller!

I need to get some of these in hand.. I really want to try them..

@vgolfman called out @Canadan for a Chrome Soft Off Course podcast. What say ye THP! Should we ask for it?! I say yes!

@vgolfman called out @Canadan for a Chrome Soft Off Course podcast. What say ye THP! Should we ask for it?! I say yes!

Whoa whoa whoa this was going to be a two week posting process slow it down! lmao

Whoa whoa whoa this was going to be a two week posting process slow it down! lmao

We can still make it last several weeks with why haven't you done it yet @Canadan ?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back