PING PLD Milled Putters

This may sound odd, but I think the full PLD custom for 1.3K is amazing value for money. You get tour-level fitting and a one-off custom from arguably the most influential putter company of all time.

This may sound odd, but I think the full PLD custom for 1.3K is amazing value for money. You get tour-level fitting and a one-off custom from arguably the most influential putter company of all time.

In person, you can convince me. Doing it virtually, I'm not there. But I do think it's a cool part of the release.

In person, you can convince me. Doing it virtually, I'm not there. But I do think it's a cool part of the release.

do you think the milling is a variable they can alter with the full in person custom fitting or is that probably not an option?

do you think the milling is a variable they can alter with the full in person custom fitting or is that probably not an option?

I mean they bill it as presenting the same treatment as Tour Pros. So maybe(but I doubt it).

I think you can change that.
This fully custom PLD programme has been open to non Tour players for a while now. It was just not advertised by Ping. If you check other forums there are threads from people who already went through this process.

The tyne is something I could get behind and be happy about. I should have bought the one that I held last year.. Dummy!

None of those models move the needle for me - and even less so at that price point.

Love the Anser and Anser 2 head shapes but not the plumbers necks. I do appreciate a good fully milled putter and this line looks quite nice.

Nice and clean looking overall

That all Black anser is absolute 🔥

Nice writeup!! Those really look good. That DS72 looks really sharp. I like the looks a lot. All of them look really good. Great looking lineup. Curious on how they feel.

Nice clean look! Anser 2 is the one I’m drawn to. Great shape, and nice lines.

I have the Tyne 4 - I have no idea if it's the same exact one that @ddec has up there, it looks slightly different. I immediately felt good when I started putting with it, it was a really nice design and balance for me, I think I put 10 different ones in play in my 30 minutes of testing and it felt pure every time I putted with it.

Like the simple look of these. The DS72 is a nice design at address.

I mean they bill it as presenting the same treatment as Tour Pros. So maybe(but I doubt it).
I think you can change that.
This fully custom PLD programme has been open to non Tour players for a while now. It was just not advertised by Ping. If you check other forums there are threads from people who already went through this process.

So the answer is yes the milling can be altered per fitting recommendations. But of course only if you do the complete in person or remote fitting. Retail purchase is stock set up only

Reactions: KEV
Prime Tyne has been ordered (weeks ago actually haha). But, after spending some time with the Tyne 4 I am so jacked to get this putter. I just love the shape. I don't like large mallets. They don't look right to my eye. But, this one is definitely on the petite size. It just sets up so well for me visually.

Putters look good....and also very Mizunoish to me

Just read this again.. It is interesting that ping is offering the anser with a graphite shaft. I wonder what the deal is there..

These look GOOD! That stealth Anser is dooooope! Plumbers neck. Fly milled. Naked at address and weighted perfectly.

Prime Tyne has been ordered (weeks ago actually haha). But, after spending some time with the Tyne 4 I am so jacked to get this putter. I just love the shape. I don't like large mallets. They don't look right to my eye. But, this one is definitely on the petite size. It just sets up so well for me visually.
The Tyne is easily my favorite design for that kind of 7ish shape. Especially since they're so compact. I remember seeing the Prime Tyne in person for the first time a couple years ago and falling in love.

I like the stealth Anser model with graphite shaft but $400+ is too much for me.

1646880035049.png

These are some classy hats! Look for them this weekend at the Players.

Reactions: KEV
I don't normally notice Ping advertisements on course, but the PLD is quite prominent on the hats, visors and bags of the ping players this week at the players

Anyone able to find out more info on the graphite shaft in the Anser model?

Back