Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Range Day! Launch is the word of the day. Focused on making really solid contact and these will get out there. They really do launch well in all the irons but is most noticeable in the longer clubs as they have a towering peak height. Really getting along great with the head/shaft combo and look forward to the season to see how they perform on the course.

I have my Max OS irons 6-GW. I took one week. I hadn't expected them so soon as I'm still a couple weeks from course opening here,

I have my Max OS irons 6-GW. I took one week. I hadn't expected them so soon as I'm still a couple weeks from course opening here,
Congrats! Can’t wait to read your thoughts.

For the first time, I had a chance to get in a good practice session with the Rogue ST Pro irons. This is what I was waiting for, before making any decisions. While my miss was still a groove low, what I was seeing today made me glad that I did not give up on them. They were awesome. The ball flight was gorgeous. It tended to be quite straight and high, but not ballooning. The dispersion was good. I was using the PRGR hand monitor. I am not sure how accurate it is, but it surely was reading things close to what I saw on TrackMan indoors, as far as club speed and ball speed. I doubt that it takes into account elevation. Anyway, here is a typical 7 iron:

F8F55DAD-955A-43C4-B511-51692CEEA7EB.jpeg

115 ball speed is good for me with a 7 iron. I am excited to play these irons next time I get out.

For whatever reason, really struggling with the Pro irons these last couple weeks. I don’t think it is the irons themselves, as I’m going through a swing change, but I’m really hoping things turn around for me because I love them, just can’t hit them for crap right now.

The Rogue Pro irons continue to perform for me. So much so that I've got a pro 3 iron with graphite shaft to experiment with as a driving iron. (I've also got a pro 3 hybrid coming just because..lol)

First round out today after my lesson and regripping.

the Pro irons are my absolute favorite iron I have ever hit a golf ball with. Unbelievable feel when compressing the ball. I had some absolute monster shots today with them, and felt confident everywhere on the course. I can’t wait to take this new swing out for more rounds with these!

The ST Max hybrids are pretty darn good. I’m not sure I’d have paid $300 for each though.
The price they’re asking is ridiculous, but the same can be said for almost all golf equipment right now.
I was able to get the 3,4 and 5 for almost nothing out of pocket with that limited 50% trade in bonus back when they were released. I dumped some clubs gathering dust for 3 I’ll be bagging for a long time.

I could not hit a bad shot with my Rogue Pro 7 iron today. Every time I used it I hit the ball flush and was on the green. The Rogue Pro irons are my favorite part of my bag right now. They are just working with my swing!

Heading out today for the first time outside of a sim. Ready to hit my new Rogue Pros and see what they bring to the table this year. Fitter moved me from stiff shafts to Xtra Stiff - so a bit worried overall about that change. Regardless of the overall outcome, it's going to be a good day.

Heading out today for the first time outside of a sim. Ready to hit my new Rogue Pros and see what they bring to the table this year. Fitter moved me from stiff shafts to Xtra Stiff - so a bit worried overall about that change. Regardless of the overall outcome, it's going to be a good day.
He changed the shafts to fit your swing, don’t change the swing to fit the shafts! Hit ‘em straight!

I could not hit a bad shot with my Rogue Pro 7 iron today. Every time I used it I hit the ball flush and was on the green. The Rogue Pro irons are my favorite part of my bag right now. They are just working with my swing!

I know that feeling that is how I needed up in the rogue pros! I LOVE these irons they absolutely are my favorite I have ever owned.

Great to hear how they are working! 🔥

Oh baby. Nothing like getting that email saying your order has shipped.

Monday can’t get here quick enough now.

4A233AD3-AB78-406A-BA17-269E0B106E2D.jpeg

Got out yesterday for the first time with the new irons. I recently picked up the Rogue Pros (4-PW) set at 2* up and comboed with the Dynamic Gold X100 shafts. It was a chilly day yesterday with a high of 45* and a bit of wind.

Initial impressions are that these are legit and exactly as advertised. Long, workable, great ball flight and the turf interaction is awesome. The sound is noticeably different from my old forged PXG's but nothing that causes concern - a muted clicky sound - but again nothing that bothered me. What really surprised me was that I was able to put a ton of spin on the ball in the approach shots. 7-PW approaches would have a bit of spin on them and either sit in the area in which the ball landed or come back yard or so. Nothing extreme but it was nice to see that I could fire at the pin and if hit well, the ball would generally be where I wanted it to be - no big rollouts when hitting the green (caveat - could also be the fact that the greens were soft and forgiving - either way - it was nice to see).

Finally - I had some bad swings as well - overall the forgiveness is pretty spectacular. Looking down these things look like blades, however, forgiveness-wise - they don't act in that manner. While I didn't get the full distance I'd expect on some mishits, I wasn't completely penalized and was able to feel like I had a chance to get the ball to the green and recover.

After 1 round - I can say I'm very happy with the whole package. Going to try and get out a bit today if possible to hit the again.

Got out yesterday for the first time with the new irons. I recently picked up the Rogue Pros (4-PW) set at 2* up and comboed with the Dynamic Gold X100 shafts. It was a chilly day yesterday with a high of 45* and a bit of wind.

Initial impressions are that these are legit and exactly as advertised. Long, workable, great ball flight and the turf interaction is awesome. The sound is noticeably different from my old forged PXG's but nothing that causes concern - a muted clicky sound - but again nothing that bothered me. What really surprised me was that I was able to put a ton of spin on the ball in the approach shots. 7-PW approaches would have a bit of spin on them and either sit in the area in which the ball landed or come back yard or so. Nothing extreme but it was nice to see that I could fire at the pin and if hit well, the ball would generally be where I wanted it to be - no big rollouts when hitting the green (caveat - could also be the fact that the greens were soft and forgiving - either way - it was nice to see).

Finally - I had some bad swings as well - overall the forgiveness is pretty spectacular. Looking down these things look like blades, however, forgiveness-wise - they don't act in that manner. While I didn't get the full distance I'd expect on some mishits, I wasn't completely penalized and was able to feel like I had a chance to get the ball to the green and recover.

After 1 round - I can say I'm very happy with the whole package. Going to try and get out a bit today if possible to hit the again.
I love to here it! I'm seeing the same thing. Coming from the 21 Apex irons I cannot wrap my head around how forgiving these are yet how they spin and hold greens!

Oh.. and more fun is on the way.. Rogue Pro 3 iron (set up as a driving iron) and Rogue Pro 3 hybrid inbound. There are certain courses I play where it would be beneficial to have different options at the top of the bag.
Screenshot_20220331-212530.jpg

Congrats on the new clubs! You heading straight to the course with them Monday!
Wanted to schedule a Trackman session to get all my data and then hitting the course. Oh yeah!!!

how forgiving these are yet how they spin and hold greens!

The spin and green holding is crazy. The fact that I spun the 7 back yesterday was new to me. Normally there is some roll out. We'll see how these work once summer gets here and greens firm up.

Just booked my wife an irons and woods fitting for April 23rd! We will see if she Likes the Rogue’s like I do!

Sounds odd but I really like the ST Max 5 iron quite a bit hit it quite a few times today since it was about a two club temperature this morning and was quite pleased with the performance vs any others I’ve hit previously. I’ve always wondered if I should use a 5H but this makes that a moot point as it launches the ball effortlessly and lands softly.

Back