Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Have become a big fan of the 5 hybrid. You get more distance then an iron while the turf action similar to a fairway wood. Such a versatile club.
Need to look for one. Thanks

Need to look for one. Thanks
The Rogue ST Pro hybrid might be my favorite club in the bag. It’s so dependable it’s ridiculous. It doesn’t get squirrels and go left on me. I don’t think it’s a huge improvement on the Mavrik Pro hybrid since that one had a very similar aesthetic shape and ball flight for me but this one is more forgiving on mistrikes and just launches and spins so well for me. The ball flight is predictable and I love the sound at impact for this entire line. I actually like this club off the tee and I rarely play hybrid off a tee. Usually default to an iron for tight fairways. This is my go to for the long Par 3 at my neighboring course too. I’ve got the head paired with a Ventus HB shaft and for whatever reason, Ventus performs really consistently through all the woods in the bag. Winner-winner!

Oh, and congrats @93civiccpe on your PB! It appears that you are hitting the ball further than in ‘19 when we were in the Morgan Cup. Am I correct?
Thank you guys! Yes, I'm hitting my driver and fairways further. With the irons I would be hitting them further but while recovering from a back injury I worked up to a 3/4 swing and found that I'm much more accurate with that swing. I rarely swing full anymore as my scores have come down with this approach. When I do swing full these things take off.

I also have to call out the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid with the Fuji atmos shaft. I don't know what it is but I am hitting this so well that it's winning that spot in the bag (over the UW and the Rogue Pro 3 iron set up as a driving iron). Off a small tee or the fairway I have so much confidence and hit it really straight. I hope it's not the typical honeymoon period as I want this to continue!

Alright THP, I’ve finally got some work in with the Rogue ST Pro hybrid on the course and it is SO good. Off the tee, flat ball flight with tons of ball speed and stupid amounts of forgiveness. It’s a fairway finding weapon. Averaging about 250 off the tee with it on wet fairways in Columbus. That’s so good for a 20° hybrid. It’s so playable off the fairway too. I’ve used it from 250 into Par 5s and it can launch and land like a beanbag. The feel is phenomenal and it’s the first hybrid I’ve ever really loved enough to take out my driving iron. It’s an all purpose weapon and exactly what I was looking for at ECPC. Automatic fairway finder, approach club into long par 3s and par 5s, and easy to change the height and shape. So much ball speed, versatility, and forgiveness in one club!

B2C6A7B4-FC3D-4814-A012-CE2199E43D2E.jpeg
097996E9-B768-4B7A-AEF7-5E2F326A4226.jpeg

Alright THP, I’ve finally got some work in with the Rogue ST Pro hybrid on the course and it is SO good. Off the tee, flat ball flight with tons of ball speed and stupid amounts of forgiveness. It’s a fairway finding weapon. Averaging about 250 off the tee with it on wet fairways in Columbus. That’s so good for a 20° hybrid. It’s so playable off the fairway too. I’ve used it from 250 into Par 5s and it can launch and land like a beanbag. The feel is phenomenal and it’s the first hybrid I’ve ever really loved enough to take out my driving iron. It’s an all purpose weapon and exactly what I was looking for at ECPC. Automatic fairway finder, approach club into long par 3s and par 5s, and easy to change the height and shape. So much ball speed, versatility, and forgiveness in one club!

View attachment 9082052
View attachment 9082053
That looks like a cheat code 🔥

Range Day. Had a range session today with both the ST Max and the ST Pro vs each other. I have them both with 95 Recoil’s in them and can definitely see a few noticeable difference’s between the two. The Pro’s are MOI matched and have 3/8” differences in length and the Max’s are Std length with D3 SW roughly. The first was launch off the faces of both of these. The Max came out a little lower and would reach peak height later in the flight then would land, while the Pro seemed to launch higher off the face and looked to maintain a higher peak vs the Max. The next was the dispersion consistency left to right. The Max had a tendency to throw in some low hooks, while overall maintained a consistent draw for the most part. The Pro seemed to go dead straight tonight or maybe trickle in a bit of draw or fade. The Max would land and roll out further than the Pro but by no means was it a low lofted spin lacking club, it always had enough of a descent to easily have predictable shots and hold greens. The distance between the two was on consistent shots 3-4 yds in flight then the Max rolled out another 2-3 further than the Pro’s roll out. In total the distance between the two would be 5-7 on a matching club. The Pro’s peak height on the 6,5 was noticeably more piercing than the Max where the Max launches so easily. Will be playing a bunch this weekend and will have great comparisons between the two on course.

While I have only had a few rounds so far this year, I did spend a bit of time on the range with the irons recently, and trying out a few different combinations from a fitting cart as well.

The Rogue ST Max irons are easily one of the most forgiving irons I have hit. I'd place them somewhere between the Apex and Apex DCB, and was impressed with how they performed. With the added offset, I did tend to go left on these a bit more.

The Rogue ST Pro is, what I would argue to be, the most underrated iron this year. It's compact look could be somewhat intimidating at first, but I am seeing some great results with this club. My setup pairs the Pro head with the Nippon Pro Modus 120s, and I am definitely seeing the height and softness that I would desire from this combination. I am going through a swing change, but have started to strike the ball quite well lately, and these irons are really getting me more and more excited for the season.
Positioned between the Apex and Apex Pro, I see this iron as not just something low single digit handicaps could use, but more mid-caps as well. It is remarkably forgiving, especially off of the toe, for a compact iron head. I'm not having much trouble elevating the ball, and it is simply a very neutral ball-flight.

I hit this shot in a tournament the other day. 7 iron, with a slight right to left wind. The Rogue ST Pro had no trouble getting the ball up in the air, but with enough piercing flight to not be hampered by the wind too much. It landed pin high about 16 feet, and I made the birdie.

I just got the ShotScope LX+ with H4, and only have 3 rounds on it, and still am learning to use it, but hope to have a lot more data this year to understand, improve, and share more on these irons.

CBB539A3-A635-4E7E-A6AE-0064F27DCD26.jpeg

After yesterday's range session the Rogue Pro 3 Hybrid is not leaving the bag anytime soon. I've recently had either a driving iron or a 7 wood in that spot and I need something there which I'm confident in with decent distance when I have a tight tee shot or need distance from the fairway. I always found a driving iron/ utility easier to shape when I needed to get out of trouble and certain ones were relatively easy to hit. The 7 woods have been really easy to hit but often climb high and are harder to shape. I have been trying out the Rogue Pro 3 iron with a KBS graphite shaft, a 21 degree Apex UW with ventus blue, and the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid. The Rogue Pro 3 iron is easier to shape but by far the most demanding to hit. It requires a really good swing to get the flight and distance I need and the misses are the worst with it. (Mainly a product of my swing). With the UW, it is very easy to hit off a tee and launches higher and gets really good distance. Off the fairway it is not as demanding as the Pro 3 iron but still requires a good swing and I have a tendency to miss left and right with it. (I also tend to have miss-strikes with it and it is the longest of the 3). With the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid it just wants to go straight and is the easiest to hit. I'm getting more (consistent) distance with it than the pro 3 iron and better strikes off the tee and fairway than the UW. My confidence is the highest with it even though I'm giving up a little distance comparing the best ball between the UW and it. On course it has been very reliable and will continue to stay in the bag! Part of this might be due to the Fuji Atmos hybrid shaft in it as I've played the same shaft in previous driving irons and 7 woods and just works for my swing.

Today my wife had a fitting with Callaway for a new bag of clubs. She currently has Ping G410 and G700 irons in the bag. These were bought when they first came out and fit ata smaller shop when she was newer. She has worked on her game with lessons and a good amount for practice.

Well when all was said and done she got an nice bag of clubs. She had an immediate dispersion difference with every club she hit today. Easy to launch with a really nice ball flight. She tends to be a bit reserved when hitting in front of a lot of people. The distances were about the same but I feel when she settles wither new clubs she will gain some more yardage.

Here is her bag breakdown:

Rogue ST Max D driver 10.5 with a Project X Cypher shaft
Rogue ST Max D 3-5 wood with the Project X Cypher shaft
Rogue ST Max OS Lite hybrids-4-5-6 with the Project X Cypher shaft
Rogue ST Max OS Lite irons 7-GW with the RCH 45 gram shaft
Jaws MD5 wedges 56-60 with the Project X Catalyst shaft
Fairway C stand bag in Navy-I’m too OCD to let her use her ping bag lol

BCC83EBE-E2BA-46F2-BA68-EECA2E7FE5E2.jpegA2E18048-643E-4FA6-9995-B2FC848CE8FF.jpegCBDBF9B8-91C2-4A0B-96D3-416A9896A462.jpeg1C6BB69D-71BB-418A-929B-C96CF43916E2.jpeg

At the range in my lunch break and I can't explain it but the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid just ticks the boxes for me. I have so much confidence with it that miss-hits are rare and I can move it both directions and flight it down low. This one has surprised me a bit but glad to have it in the bag.

I am using the Rogue St Max irons and will write up a review for next week, but this video by @JohnnyCallaway is a very good look at the Pro irons for those that play "player irons".

While my Rogue ST Max irons are going to be geared toward players with mid to higher handicaps, the players iron looks like an iron that gives what most on the forum would be looking for.

I am using the Rogue St Max irons and will write up a review for next week, but this video by @JohnnyCallaway is a very good look at the Pro irons for those that play "player irons".

While my Rogue ST Max irons are going to be geared toward players with mid to higher handicaps, the players iron looks like an iron that gives what most on the forum would be looking for.

I’m playing the Max OS this season. I have only hit them on the range so far. I will be playing later this week for the first time this season. I plan on posting my feedback here about the irons.

Our first hole is a long par 3 over water, tree lined fairway and bunkers on both sides in front of the green with a narrow apron on approach. Haven't had great results with hybrids particularly first swing of the day on the weekend early in the morning. Picked up a Rogue ST Max OS 3 hybrid and it is very easy to hit and hit straight with distance. Ive also used it on some other holes and it is just consistently straight and avoids trouble. I considered the standard but for the situations I planned on using it the OS for me was a better choice, although I have no doubt the standard is a great club as well. So far very happy with this club.

I walked 18 this evening and it was mid 60s and windy. I had to hit a lot of flighted shots and I find it really easy to do with the Rogue Pro irons. It was a scrappy round but I hit a bunch of good shots with the irons. I found myself in some fun positions off the tee and needed to hit low punch shots to get out of trouble. I used the 6 iron with the ball back in my stance and found it easy to keep the ball low and get it running down the fairway.

I walked 18 this evening and it was mid 60s and windy. I had to hit a lot of flighted shots and I find it really easy to do with the Rogue Pro irons. It was a scrappy round but I hit a bunch of good shots with the irons. I found myself in some fun positions off the tee and needed to hit low punch shots to get out of trouble. I used the 6 iron with the ball back in my stance and found it easy to keep the ball low and get it running down the fairway.

i can't decide what i want...the pros or a TD LS...or some new forged tecs :LOL:

My new swing, and the Rogue ST Pros, finally really clicked starting on the 8th hole of my round the other day.

something about these Rogue ST Pros that is just confidence inspiring. I know that even on my big mishits, I’m still going to be playable, especially out off the toe.
I have been fighting the toe balls a bit, so worked to switch my shot shape from a draw to a high fade, and all of a sudden I’m finding center of the club face, and distance is picking up!

move started to hit more GIR, and hold more greens. One area that really stood out, is that the greens from the other day were recently punched, very firm, and very fast. Like, no ball marks and a wedge could run out by well over 10 feet if not careful. Well on full shots, if I was landing at a pin I could run off the back.
When everything clicked on the 8th hole, and I switched to a fade shot shape, the whole round shifted.
high, fading balls were in play, and I’d take one less club, and have plenty to get on the green and still hold on. The guys in my group were commenting on how well the irons were getting balls to hold the greens (using CSX LS even).

I’ve said it a few times, and will say it again. This is the softest, best feeling cast iron I have ever played.

I’ve said it a few times, and will say it again. This is the softest, best feeling cast iron I have ever played.
This!! Even on my low toe strikes (a common miss of mine) the Rogue Pro irons feel and perform way better than I deserve. I've found a groove where I put a fade swing with these and they fall about a yard right. I've started hitting more greens and having easier pars..

I played yesterday afternoon at a course I haven't played before at just under 6500 yards and quick greens. I had to go off cold in order to get in 18 before a storm but ended up shooting an 80 (had a birdie putt for 79 on the last which just missed low). I used my Rogue Pro hybrid from the fairway on the first hole (a par 5) after a mediocre drive to leave me a wedge in. The Rogue Pro hybrid just wants to go 205-215 on good strikes and is so easy to hit. I also used it once off the tee on a shorter hole that didn't fit my eye with driver. I left the face slightly open at impact yet it still went over 200 yards and was just in the first cut of the right rough.

The real story is the Rogue Pro irons. I started out with 2 birdies and was consistently on or near the greens with my approaches. Arccos shows me I was 2.6 shots better than my average with my approaches. It just felt easy to swing smooth and hit these straight. The Par 3s on the course are tough but a fun test and these did not disappoint. The shape of these fit my eye well and I'm never worried about a hook and having to hold my hands off. I'm not seeing a ton of curve either left or right but am hitting it straighter than I have in the past which makes it easier to go at the greens.

That's not to say I can't shape or flight them when needed. I hit a bad drive on a par 5 which left me in the right rough with trees blocking my approach. I needed a very low shot which moved left to right and pulled it off with the Rogue Pro 5 iron. It was the lowest I've been able to flight down a ball in recent memory and put me back in position. To say I'm happy with these irons is an understatement!!

My wife's new clubs all arrived today. Callaway is fast we just ordered these on Sat the 23rd of April. The only thing that is no there is her bad which should be here by Friday. The Rogue Max OS Lite irons and hybrids are really nice! Looking forward to getting her out on course this Sunday afternoon to try them out!
Tracy irons.jpgtracy irons1.jpgtracy irons2.jpgtracy irons3.jpg

My wife had a lesson today and it was the first time she hit her new clubs. I cannot believe the difference in how she hit the ball today. Each club was so much better. The ball flight is actually high where it should be and her distances even with horrible range balls were exceeding her old Ping clubs. She was blasting her 5 wood out to 190 yards today. Nice high draws. It took her about 5 swings to get more comfortable with her driver but then she found her groove and was bombing it. Hoping to get 9 in late Sunday so she can try them on course.

My wife had a lesson today and it was the first time she hit her new clubs. I cannot believe the difference in how she hit the ball today. Each club was so much better. The ball flight is actually high where it should be and her distances even with horrible range balls were exceeding her old Ping clubs. She was blasting her 5 wood out to 190 yards today. Nice high draws. It took her about 5 swings to get more comfortable with her driver but then she found her groove and was bombing it. Hoping to get 9 in late Sunday so she can try them on course.
Great to hear how well they’re performing for her.

I bought the Rogue Max OS 3 hybrid. I went with that instead of the standard because I got it with certain holes / situations at my club where I need it and essentially want to hit it straight to avoid a lot of trouble and a certain distance and take misses out of play ( which is a problem I have had with hybrids to the point of not playing any for a while ). It gives the distance ii want , is easy to hit and has done all I hoped it would.

Some aspects in life has left me playing far fewer rounds than I wish so far this year, so it has been a bit of learning curve with the Rogue ST Pro irons. Moreso my swing than anything and proclivity to leave the face open.

well something has clicked the last two rounds. Im getting the face closed and the ball just ROCKETS off the face now, but will plenty of stopping power. It’s really awesome to feel. We finished the round with a 1 hole 1 club challenge, and I chose a 6 iron. My approach into the green was just a sailing high bomb that fed right toward the pin. It was such and addictive feeling, I cannot wait for tomorrows round!!!!

Back