Asics GEL-ACE PRO M Golf Shoes

Middle of the road for me. The black ones look a lot like some soccer cleats I've had through the years so they just scream soccer to me. White ones look pretty clean. I wouldn't be mad at them but I probably wouldn't go out looking for them either.

It has been nearly three years since Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO announced their exclusive partnership with Asics to help bring new golf shoes to the North American market. We have seen several pairs of Asics golf shoes hit the marketplace through this affiliation, and as to be expected, they all have looked very similar to what one might find when searching for a new pair of running shoes. In reality, this should come as no surprise, seeing as Asics makes some of the best running shoes in the world. That changes today as Asics releases the GEL-ACE PRO M golf shoe, which bucks the athletic style in favor of a more classic golf shoe.

Continue reading...

Love their running shoes, I want to try these

Nice writeup @ddec . Not a huge fan looks wise but the black with white logo aren't terrible.

Not a big fan of the looks. The Pro M looks like a strangely high arched version of 360XT.

asics_gel_ace_pro_m_standard_golf_shoes_1111a220_100_hero.jpg

and honestly makes it seem like it's for another sport. I'm a pretty stable and coordinated guy, but these pictures really make me wonder about swinging in them with where I put pressure in my feet during it. Odd.

I've always liked asics. I've found them to be comfortable and fit well. Those green and white ones look so good. I might have to go try and find some.

I've always liked asics. I've found them to be comfortable and fit well. Those green and white ones look so good. I might have to go try and find some.

Let us know if you do!

I ordered the white with gold version yesterday from asics.com. Veterans and military get 45% off! That saved me $90 on these shoes. You have to register and get a code. Search for "asics military discount" to find the page. You can place 2 orders every 30 days with up to 4 pairs on each order. I love my Asics Gel Course Ace golf shoes and my Asics running shoes. Can't wait to get these.

They look great with a clean concept, will have to check them out in stores

My green and white ones just arrived via fedex today, ordered them Wednesday. They look good! I wear a size 11 Brooks Adrenaline 22 running shoe, and they fit about the same through the foot, though less room in the toe box.

As mentioned, the upper is kinda shaped to follow the inside of the arch, so they do sort of have a high heel arched look on the inside. I think they look good from the outside though. The black sole contrasts a bit with the start white leather which I'm not used to, but it's probably better when I'm not in my kitchen and there's dark grass next to the sole.

They feel stable. The top of the foot opening (not sure the proper term) is lower than my sneakers and my old golf shoes. My old golf shoes were a gift that I should have returned and these are a much better fit. The top of the tongue hits my ankle a bit, had to adjust my socks. No biggie.

Quality feels good. They aren't heavy but feel substantial if you know what I mean. They do feel like they could use with a bit of breaking in, mostly below the laces/ on top of the toes where they bend when walking. Firm insoles, which I prefer to sinking into a cloud.

I think I'm going to keep em.

Attachments

• IMG_7385_2.jpg
    IMG_7385_2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8404_2.jpg
    IMG_8404_2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7583.jpg
    IMG_7583.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Still like the looks of these!

Tags are off, keeping em. Went to chip and putt to break them in a little. Only two things I would add to my above impressions:

1) The black soles don't contrast as much on grass, don't remember noticing them at all.

2) They retain a bunch of heat, though maybe it's just me coming from a more mesh-y shoe to a leathery one.

Attachments

• IMG_4543.jpg
    IMG_4543.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8941.jpg
    IMG_8941.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 5
Back