Forum Testing - Yonex EZONE Hybrid

There was so much buzz around all of the Yonex clubs at the outing it is good to see them entrusting THP'ers with some testing and reviews. I am sure we won't dissapoint. Big thanks to Yonex, and of course THP, for the opprtunity! There will be 6 new very happy testers very soon!

Wow! Yet another great opportunity thanks to THP and Yonex! I didn't hit this club at the outing/demo day but there was so much buzz about it that I'd love to try it!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Nike Ignite 3H 15* (came as part of my iron set)
2. What is your handicap index? 19
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Must be able to cut through the rough like a hot knife in butter and must be extremely forgiving on mishits. Additionally, I want my hybrid to get the ball up in the air quickly.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I honestly don't know too much about their golf equipment and only recently discovered that they made golf equipment. However, I know about their technological advances in tennis with their square-head racquets and their vibration dampening systems about a decade or so ago so I can only imagine what kind of boundaries they're looking to push in the world of golf!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least a round every week but sometimes two. Additionally, I live down the road from my driving range so additional testing would happen there as well. I would take pictures of the hybrid once a week to show any progressive wear in the club and would also take video of some shots with the club to show launch angles and flight patterns. I only recently joined THP and actively post when I feel like my input/opinion has weight in the discussion. As an aside, a hybrid like this one is a great club to carry but has extra importance for high cappers like myself who are often hitting our seconds (and sometimes thirds) from the rough with these clubs so I'm definitely curious to see how it plays.

Another chance at a great opportunity!!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? TaylorMade Rescue - THis club is NOT working for me. I can not hit it consistently
2. What is your handicap index? 13
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? A club that I can consistently hit off the tee when the situation arises and a club that I can attack at the green from the 230-240 yard range
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Not going to lie here, I have yet to try anything of their so there is always time for a first!!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan will be to get to the range but more so get to the course and set myself up in different situations to hit at the green with the club. I want to give THP an honest assessment of this club. I can play every week and hit the range every week as well.

Great opportunity as always!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Exotics Trilogy 3 and 4
2. What is your handicap index? 11
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Forgiveness, accuracy, versatility
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? For years I have always wanted to try Yonex clubs. I recall in the 80s seeing their clubs in the shop and dreaming of hitting them. Here I am today still wanting to hit them. I have played their Tennis equipment and it was exceptional gear.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My plan would be to have one range session and 2 rounds (9 or 18) per week. During this time I would take every opportunity to use the hybrid. Let's just say it will probably need a new grip after a month. Throughout the testing I would ask my buddies and strangers at the range to hit the hybrid. I feel this is important to Yonex, THP, and my testing. I would keep a written journal of the shots and report my findings on the forums. My activity level would be very high with daily posts/pitcures and videos if requested. I would also take questions from forum users seriously.

This is a very important test and I have every confidence that THP, Yonex, and the testers will deliver the goods. Sentimental to me as I recall the shop owner scowl at us kids if we went near his Yonex clubs. Brings back memories.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?

I have a Ping i15 17 degree hybrid

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What do you look for in a hybrid?

Forgiveness and feel from the clubhead. Feel inspires confidence.

4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment?

I have never really heard much about Yonex period, and wouldn't have much of a opinion.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I am swinging a club almost daily, whether that be on the range or course. I play at least 4 rounds a week. I'm working to become a better player everyday and there is no lack of golf in my world. Yonex is a brand I would guess most of my friends wouldn't know about and if I was playing with it, some people may be inspired to try one as well. When Cobra was here for demo day, I was killing their driver. Later that week someone came up to me and recognized me by saying, "You were that guy hitting the Cobra driver right?" I joined the forum last month and already have over 130 postings, including some reviews on a few clubs I own in my bag. I enjoy the like minded atmosphere of golfers and wish I had more people around me like that

Wow, another unbelievable opportunity! I missed out on hitting this at the Outing, would love to give it a go. Thank you Yonex and THP!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I currently play Cleveland Mashie hybrids, M1, M3 and M5
2. What is your handicap index? 8.9
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Consistency, forgiveness, ability to hit from different lies, distance.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Didn't know much about Yonex until the outing. I hit the irons and they were really solid. From what I experienced and heard from others at the outing, I think of Yonex equipment as being very high quality, and very playable.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would include about 2 rounds a week, one being in league competition. I also have a range membership with unlimited access that I generally get to between 2 and 5 times a week. Initially, I would test these on their own with as little bias as possible, judging based on looks, feel, sound, forigveness, distance, dispersion and other performance factors. On the course, I would try them in all kinds of different situations I typically hit my hybrids in, from the tee, approach shots, bump and runs, etc. Finally I would probably have to do a head to head test with my current hybrids to see how they stack up against one of the best hybrids ever made. My activity level on THP will continue to be almost 100% golf related, and I will be looking to update the testing thread consistently for the duration of the test, including answering questions from others and performing requested shots too if possible.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Cleveland Mashie 20.5
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Straight, easy to hit
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I do not know much about them, but would like to.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? During the summer I go to the driving range every day and play 1-2 tournaments a week. If I were to be given the opportunity to test this hybrid, I would provide daily updates with my opinion and other people's opinion, have a battle between these and my Mashie, and comment on how they do in tournaments. I will give my complete and honest opinion.

WOW! Thanks to Yonex and THP for this great opportunity to test this club.
1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I play an Adams A7 with a regular flex shaft, I need to upgrade it to stiff though.
2. What is your handicap index? MY GHIN is 20.3
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I am looking for a hybrid that I can use to hit a nice easy shot that I will feel confident that it will hold a green and a club I can use to dig a ball out of the rough.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have never played a Yonex club before but after reading some reviews on THP I am really interested in trying out there equipment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week with some additional range time. If picked to test this club, I would either make sure that it got playing time during a normal round plus time on the range trying out different types of shots, punches, out of rough, out of divots, and after some time then a side by side comparison with my current Adams A7. I have been a member of THP for almost two years and have been active during that time and have been selected to test and demo other equipment for the OEM's and THP members and visitors.

Another great opportunity for the members of THP. Thanks Yonex and THP!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Rescue 3 and 4, S
2. What is your handicap index? 9.8
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Playability. I like the Burners because they were easy to hit solid from the first time I picked one up.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I do not know a lot about Yonex, but they have the impression of a high end brand that is hard to find at your typical golf shop. I believe they make very high quality equipment, but unfortunately have never had the opportunity to try them for myself.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am fairly active on THP, and will offer an opinion or comment in the forum when I have something to say. I am on here multiple times each day, even if it is just to see what everyone else is up to. As far as testing I get out to the range at least 3 times a week and play at least 18 holes per week. On the course I typically play I use my hybrid at least 3 or 4 times per 9 holes. This is a club that is a staple in my bag, so testing it on the course would not be a problem.

Another solid equipment test. Really cool to see some new companies jump on board with this. It's obvious companies are seeing the benefits of unbiased consumer testing. Bravo!

Really great to see all of the comments on the home page as well.

Looking forward to seeing the commentary on these hybrids (and potentially being one of the testers) because I have spent a limited amount of time with Yonex clubs and am very interested in seeing/hearing about these.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Adams Idea Black Super, 3 hybrid

2. What is your handicap index? 8.6

3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Versatile and able to hit in various situations and settings; a medium to high ball flight; accuracy with some forgiveness to account for the varied lies.

4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? My thoughts are pretty positive, though I must admit that I have limited experience with Yonex clubs. I have heard great things about the clubs and would like to confirm those testimonies myself.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be fairly simple in process, but undoubtedly detailed in reviews. I go to the range approximately 3 times a week and play approximately 36 holes a week. I would plan on spending 1-2 weeks at the range (3-6 sessions) with the hybrid before taking it to the course. The first and second week, I would start by testing/reviewing the hybrid based upon its unique qualities and performance. The 2nd through 4th week I would begin the course testing by laying out how the hybrid performed during on-course testing, paying particular attention to various situations encountered and how the hybrid performed/responded. I would then repeat the above again in the second month, updating my previous findings with new information as I become more acquainted with the hybrid.

I am active on THP. I average more than 3 posts a day on THP. While I certainly do not provide the largest number of daily posts on THP, I believe that a significant number of my posts are informative and insightful. I have done numerous self-initiated reviews on clubs, shoes, training aids, and other golf-related items and have received favorable feedback from THP readers. I will provide the same dedication, detail and thoroughness to the testing of this hybrid.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19*
2. What is your handicap index? 7.5
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Mostly the shape and how it looks at address. I tend to like the "normal" hybrid shape and not the ones that look more like a wood. I like a medium to high flight on it. A good feel off of the club face with some versatility out of various lies.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have never been able to hit any club made by Yonex nor have I heard much about their equipment. I think it would be great to test a brand name club that not many people are aware of or that is in the "top" of the club manufacturers
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be to hit the range at least once a week and I usually play a full round once a week. I usually get on THP every day and if not it is always every other day.

Last edited:
1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I play the Adams A7.
2. What is your handicap index? ~15
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Something that will launch high so I can attack the green from about 200 yards out. Also needs to be able to handle the rough.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I don't know much about them but I know theyre big in Japan. However, the pictures that I've seen here look very good. I have used Yonex badminton racquets in the past and they are the #1 maker of those so I know the quality is great.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf at least once a week and I'm at the driving range about 3 times a week. I believe that I'll be able to give a fair and honest review of the hybrid each time I get the chance to hit it. All the other equipment testers have done a fabulous job in their reviews and I will be no different.

Thanks THP!

Great stuff THP! Great stuff Yonex!

Tappin' for world peace!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Cleveland Mashie M1
2. What is your handicap index? 18
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Consistency. and Forgiveness. My ball striking is probably the weakest part of my game and something I'm working very hard on.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I've heard good things about the brand but I've never had the opprotunity to use or try anything by the company. I know friends that speak very highly of them and I'd love to give them a try.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would include the driving range just down the road from my office building and also the three local courses in my area. I'm constantly hitting the driving range after work and I think that would help me get a feel for this club before putting it into action. The local courses I have offer a variety of different challenges and situations that a hybrid comes in handy for. My Mashie has helped me out tremendously and I think it would be a great measuring tool for this Yonex hybrid to see how it stacks up.

As for my activity level on THP - it increases daily. I keep finding more and more to love about this site and the forum. The reviews have been helpful beyond words. I want to contribute more than I do to this site and I think testing some equipment would be a great opprotunity to maybe share the point of view of a golfer that needs some help. Thanks again THP and Yonex for this opprotunity.

Thanks THP and Yonex for this opportunity, I never got a chance to hit this hybrid at the outing it always seemed to be in use so I'm looking forward to reading these reviews and/or testing.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I have a Nike CPR 21 degree and I have a Cleveland Mashie 18 degree which should be here anyday
2. What is your handicap index? OOB has me at 25
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I like a hybrid that is a little more iron like, gives me the confidence that I can get the ball up in the air, forgiveness is a must, as well as good play from the rough.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I haven't had much exposure to Yonex equipment, I did get to try the driver at the THP outing and really like it.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would be multiple range sessions throughout the week comparing the Yonex to each of my other hybrids as well as against the irons it would be replacing, as well as full rounds where I find I use hybrids over just about every other club in my bag. I am pretty active on THP throughout the day, I don't post on every topic but I try to provide my insights when I feel they are of benefit.

Enjoy testers!!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Mashie m3
2. What is your handicap index? 12.1
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? accuracy and workability
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have never used any Yonex equipment but am intrigued by the demo day reviews.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I play at least twice a week and try to go to the range a few times. I am starting to make the THP my second home so I will be able to post up to date thoughts on the product.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Adams A7 3 and 4 hybrid. I really like the distance but not the feel.
2. What is your handicap index? 25 I think....I shoot 95-105
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Feel and history. I choose the Adams A7 because they are known for hybrids.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I've never heard of it and honestly don't expect much.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can and would test it at the range at least 4x a week, grass and mats. As for activity level...:D I'm kinda active as you can see by my posting stats.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I have no club between my 5-wood and 4-iron atm.
2. What is your handicap index? 17
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? something with a solid forgiving feel that gets the ball in the air quickly.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Never had any experience with it.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a newish member, and generally post a few times a week, while reading many more. I play 4-6 rounds of golf a week, and make sure to hit at least 2 or 3 buckets a week as well.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? - Taylormade R7 Draw
2. What is your handicap index? 5.1 ghin
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Workability, distance, good looks.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I am familiar with their tennis stuff, but never tried and golf equipment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play a minimum of 2 rounds per week and am on the range at least once a week.
The R7 would come out of my bag for the duration of the testing and reviews.
With over 1500 posts and a couple of test and reviews under my belt, I think I can be considered active.

Thanks THP and Yonex !

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Taylormade Raylor 19* & 22*
2. What is your handicap index? 23.2
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Nice high straight flight. Should be good out of the thick stuff too since that is my path to the green.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Open minded on this; Use top play with Yonex Tennis racquets on the high school team. I have never tried their golf equipment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play once a week at least and hit the range a little more then that. THP is my go to source for all things golf and have no problems sharing my thoughts and experiences.

Thanks THP and Yonex

Last edited:
1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I currently do not have a hybrid, however, I have been struggling with hitting my long irons. So a 3h could definitely alleviate that problem I'm having.
2. What is your handicap index? 4.7
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Easy to get in the air, lands softly, distances around what I would with with the iron that I replaced with the Hybrid, forgiveness on mishit shots, and it MUST be good to look at while at address.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I haven't hit a Yonex club for a long time. I used to own a Yonex driver (a hand me down from my Dad) when I was in junior golf, but haven't hit one in a long time. The price point of Yonex clubs is a little too high for me, but I will always remember how good that driver was!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would be 80% range time, 20% course time. I tend to get to the range multiple times per week and to the course on the weekends. I take pride in my work ethic on the range, I definitely go by the quality of practice over quantity of balls I hit. I live in AZ so my practice time is never cut short by bad weather or cold, ugly winters. On the range, I will test the club and go thru multiple shots hit off of real grass & mats. At night, I also have access to a lighted range where they have mats w/ a Launch Monitor. My activity level on THP will continue to be multiple posts per day and I tend to be long-winded on my posts, so content will definitely not be an issue with me.

wow, this hybrid blew me away!! WHoever gets chosen for this is in for a real treat

Good luck to whomever gets chosen, can't wait to read the reviews.

Back