What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

If it wasn't for the TT on these balls (ERC) I'd be gaming them full time. Wish they came in plain yellow. Love the distance I get with them and they spin plenty on approach shots. I'm just not a fan of TT
That’s been my experience as well. With the benefit of TT for me. I think I make more putts with it. I should probably run and experiment to see.

I don't mind it with putts (when I use it) but on random lies, it is distracting to me.

Everyone has their own preferences and likes about a golf ball... but, for me, I am finding that when you base it on what you get for your money... the Srixon SOFT FEEL does it for me. I hate spending a lot of $$$ on golf balls. But, I do like good distance, feel and sound... (and durability). So, at least for now, the Soft Feel is the current winner.

Anyone else in the mid-capper range suddenly realize that they're not losing golf balls all the time, and have it change how you view "expensive" balls?

I'm often not losing any balls at league, and maybe one on 18 holes. My mindset has changed from when I'd lose a sleeve minimum every 9 😁

Everyone has their own preferences and likes about a golf ball... but, for me, I am finding that when you base it on what you get for your money... the Srixon SOFT FEEL does it for me. I hate spending a lot of $$$ on golf balls. But, I do like good distance, feel and sound... (and durability). So, at least for now, the Soft Feel is the current winner.

and a great yellow color!

Last ball that I played today was a Srixon Z-Star Diamond. I haven't played a Srixon on ball in some time and actually liked how the ball felt off the face of the driver and putter. Couldn't tell what type of spin I was getting into greens, but will definitely focus on this the next time I am out.

Yes! I love the yellow. Actually... I find that the yellow “feels” better than the matte finishes. Have you ever noticed that..?

Agreed, feels and looks better than most balls. I prefer the glossy look too.

I have to say the 22 Q Star Tour has my eye too. It has a less sparkly yellow, than previous gens and looks closer to the Soft Feel now.

Played an AVX the other day for the first time (I think) I loved the feel off the tee, but the spin left a bit to be desired. I think, in these summer conditions, where I am learning to play shots short and let them roll up to the hole, the AVX is a good fit. I may go out and buy a dozen just to play around.
I played the AVX for the first time last Friday. It was LONG off the tee for me and I loved it. I'm used to the no spin stuff, but I found it checked fairly good coming from a 2 piece surlyn ball.

Anyone else in the mid-capper range suddenly realize that they're not losing golf balls all the time, and have it change how you view "expensive" balls?

I'm often not losing any balls at league, and maybe one on 18 holes. My mindset has changed from when I'd lose a sleeve minimum every 9 😁

This is 100% a real thing. I've been losing a lot less this season, maybe 2 per 18 holes, and I've been noticing that my ball has been running out more on the greens than I want as I get better with my scoring clubs. I've always played for rollout, bump & runs, etc. but I'm wondering what sort of performance I'd see with a better urethane ball. I do play the QStar Tour a bunch but I am curious how I'd fare with a higher end ball. I have some Z Star Diamonds I won that I'm about to give a shot. Probably not the best fit for me, but it'll be a fun experiment.

As part of my Titleist Experience prep, I’m giving some different Titleist balls a try. Today, I tried out Titleist AVX. Great off the tee, decent around the green. They don’t check up quite like Pro V1/V1x, but they perform pretty well.

Next up on Monday: Titleist Tour Speed.
Gave Tour Speed a try: good off the tee and around the green, but to me they felt softer than AVX. I don't mind a ball that doesn't feel like an OG Top Flite, but Tour Speed was a bit too soft.

Next up: Pro V1.

I've been playing all the Prov1 I find on the course. It's my favorite ball I've played, but not willing to pay the price they cost. My game isn't consistent enough that it matters, a chunked chip is a chunked chip regardless.

Right before league tonight, got a doz of the Callaway Superspeed balls sent to me. At first I wasn’t going to use them until I worked with them. But I used them anyway lol Well, I was impressed. Great through out the bag (feel distance and spin). Off the putter, I thought it shined. Very good ball imo

Been playing the Titleist Trufeel ball, must say I like it. Got 3 packs of the QStar Tours on the Srixon sale recently. Will hit them this Saturday and see how I like them.

Z Diamond. I’m really happy with it.

Played the ZStar XV last night for the first time. Really liked it. Very good distance off the tee, a bit higher ball flight which I liked, great spin around the green. Felt good coming off all clubs. Might actually like it better than ProV1x, but that remains to be seen.

This is me exactly... have ten dozen balls in my garage. Haven't opened a sleeve this year. And my bag is overflowing with premium balls I have found. Its not that I'm good, I hit a lot of tee shots to the fringes of the rough and find it but also find others.

Still playing the Chrome Soft X Triple Track.

The ball seems to check ALL of the boxes for me, I don't see myself moving from it anytime soon.

I was at the range this evening and the Titleist rep was there. He gave me a two pack of Tour Soft and the AVX. I chipped and putted with it. Felt great and similar to what I play. Q-Star Tour and Triad

Last edited:
CSX this morning. It’s the one.

If it wasn't for the TT on these balls (ERC) I'd be gaming them full time. Wish they came in plain yellow. Love the distance I get with them and they spin plenty on approach shots. I'm just not a fan of TT
I am a big fan of the ERC Soft and rarely use the TT for putting alignment. The last couple of rounds I've played a Vice Pro Plus and find it comparable in distance to the ERC but with a lot more spin on full shots into the green. 🤷‍♂️

I have tried all the major brands this past year. The Wilson Staff was a great surprise. Great distance and spin around the green. I see to always come back to a Titleist ProV1x.
Hard to beat for quality.

Taylormade TP5-X. Nice click off the clubhead. Very stable in the wind. Just the right amount of spin, not too much, a predictable stop on a dime ball without spinning back off the green..

Back