Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

My M7 is on order and is expected to be available on August 1. My current golf bag is also a Callaway ORG 14 cart bag. Really looking forward to your report on how the ORG 14 works on the M7. I know that the ORG 14 has Velcro straps to help secure it to a cart. Currently, I have my clubs arranged in the ORG 14 so that my driver is in back (strap side) and my putter and wedges are in front (pocket side) so that when it is in a riding golf cart the shortest clubs are in front and the longer clubs are in the back when facing the cart from the rear. I am wondering if I will need to reverse this pattern with my ORG 14 on the M7 so that my driver is on top and the shorter clubs are nearer to the M7.

This is how I have my cart bag setup for riding. I do have to flip them to make it work well for my push cart. Imagine the M7 will be the same. Otherwise you'll have wedges bouncing off your irons, irons off your woods, etc.

My M7 is on order and is expected to be available on August 1. My current golf bag is also a Callaway ORG 14 cart bag. Really looking forward to your report on how the ORG 14 works on the M7. I know that the ORG 14 has Velcro straps to help secure it to a cart. Currently, I have my clubs arranged in the ORG 14 so that my driver is in back (strap side) and my putter and wedges are in front (pocket side) so that when it is in a riding golf cart the shortest clubs are in front and the longer clubs are in the back when facing the cart from the rear. I am wondering if I will need to reverse this pattern with my ORG 14 on the M7 so that my driver is on top and the shorter clubs are nearer to the M7.
I am happy to report my ORG 14 worked very well with the M7. Even without the easilock system, the bottom of the bag was very solid with the bungee straps. The top strap sits just below the top of the bag, and it doesn't go through the strap slot below the rangefinder pocket. I have the older model ORG 14, so it doesn't have the velcro straps on the backside, but the really aren't needed.

I organize my clubs with the woods and putter up on top when sitting in the pushcart. This is the opposite of when I am riding in a cart. I do recall needing to do the same with my sun mountain cart to keep the wedges from clanging into the wood shafts. Pain if you alternate between walking and riding, but oh well. Not a huge deal in the end.

I had no issues pulling clubs from the bag, even with the device cradle in use.

In other news, I applied locally made lithium based lubricant to the axles and insides of the wheels, and the wheels slipped on and off quite easily.

Fun fact: The motocaddy can double as an emergency power supply when a tornado touches down two miles from home are you are running on 15 hours without power at your house.

Fun fact: The motocaddy can double as an emergency power supply when a tornado touches down two miles from home are you are running on 15 hours without power at you house.
That battery would charge a lot of phones!

That battery would charge a lot of phones!
And have enough for nine holes at league tonight I hope!

It was confirmed the course was open, minus holes 7-9, although I say just treat the trees as an obstacle. Across the pond you play over old stone walls, why not a tree?

Motocaddy is helping to resolve my issue. In the meantime I was able to borrow a friends for my rounds last Friday and Saturday. I'll write a review here in a bit!

Motocaddy is helping to resolve my issue. In the meantime I was able to borrow a friends for my rounds last Friday and Saturday. I'll write a review here in a bit!
Glad to hear this!! Sucks you've had that trouble but awesome Motocaddy is on it to help.

I loved seeing that m7 up close. Really freaking cool and was neat to watch you driving it around the course. They are super nice. I was thoroughly impressed by its maneuverability, speed, and stabiity from what i saw. Convenience factor is huge as well. Awesome unit all around.

After two rounds with the M7, here are some thoughts:

First Impression: The build quality is is fantastic. I know the one I purchased has an issue but I definitely see that as an outlier. From the wheels to the screen, this seems to be a very durable and have no worries about wear being an issue. The screen is bright and easy to read. I also purchased the accessories. The are easy to setup and stay in place pretty well.

The Remote: The remote is small and easy to use. A super impressive (and sometimes dangerous haha) thing about the M7 is the responsiveness. You press the button and it immediately does what you ask. I was keeping the remote in my pocket and a few times the M7 would be dancing while I was teeing up my shot since a button got hit in the pocket haha. It is easy to charge and the M7 comes with a built in USB port should the remote battery get low (not an issue over 18 holes) or if you wanted to charge a phone, speaker, etc.

Performance: I've already addressed how responsive this thing is so I won't rehash that. The M7 is FAST, but only if you want it to be. It can get away from you quickly, which is a good thing. On multiple hills , I was happy that the unit would reach the top before me, especially on a couple holes with blind tee shots. It put my bag in view of anyone behind me so they knew where I was. The speed was easy to change at any moment to whatever you needed it to be. It also helped me greatly in finding my ball as I could send it right at where I believed my ball to be in a hurry. No waiting for my slow butt to get there. In the instances of me having to search for my ball, I wasn't having to drag my cart around with me. I could search freely and simply have the M7 meet up with me when the ball was found. The M7 handled everything thrown it's way with one exception. I was sending the M7 around a tree unknowing to me the tree had an ENORMOUS root on the opposite side. This was the only time the M7 fell over. Up hills, down hills, sideways on hills, over holes, over pinecones, no problem for the M7.The "wheelie bar" worked like a charm. I didn't have to worry much about the unit tipping.

Cons: Not really much to write here. The unit is not light but not incredibly heavy or anything. If your back is good enough to be out golfing, lifting this shouldn't be an issue. My main cons come from the accessories. The scorecard holder rattled like crazy and I eventually removed it. That could just be a me thing but it bugged me quite a bit. The cup holder isn't great. If your drink is not something with a screw cap, you definitely don't want it in the cup holder when you send the M7 off. The bumpy ride is not ideal for and plastic cup drink from the bar. I just took the drink out after I hit my shot and would sent the M7 on it's way. Not too big of a deal as I didn't have a cart to push so my hand was free. Also, could just be my bag, but a stand bag does not work well with the M7. No big deal. I've got a cart bag on the way.

Conclusion: The M7 is awesome. Truly a game changer for me and my back that likes to act up at times. Walking is so much more beneficial for your health and this allows me to do that with ease. It's fun to "drive" and is like a mini game on the course haha. Thinking of the cost, I was riding in carts a lot and at 15 to 20 dollars for a cart, this unit will pay for itself in less than 100 rounds of golf and based on the quality, should last for many, many more after that. I highly recommend the M7 and I cannot wait to get out there again with it!

Last edited:
After two rounds with the M7, here are some thoughts:

First Impression: The build quality is is fantastic. I know the one I purchased has an issue but I definitely see that as an outlier. From the wheels to the screen, this seems to be a very durable and have no worries about wear being an issue. The screen is bright and easy to read. I also purchased the accessories. The are easy to setup and stay in place pretty well.

The Remote: The remote is small and easy to use. A super impressive (and sometimes dangerous haha) thing about the M7 is the responsiveness. You press the button and it immediately does what you ask. I was keeping the remote in my pocket and a few times the M7 would be dancing while I was teeing up my shot since a button got hit in the pocket haha. It is easy to charge and the M7 comes with a built in USB port should the remote battery get low (not an issue over 18 holes) or if you wanted to charge a phone, speaker, etc.

Performance: I've already addressed how responsive this thing is so I won't rehash that. The M7 is FAST, but only if you want it to be. It can get away from you quickly, which is a good thing. On multiple hills , I was happy that the unit would reach the top before me, especially on a couple holes with blind tee shots. It put my bag in view of anyone behind me so they knew where I was. The speed was easy to change at any moment to whatever you needed it to be. It also helped me greatly in finding my ball as I could send it right at where I believed my ball to be in a hurry. No waiting for my slow butt to get there. In the instances of me having to search for my ball, I wasn't having to drag my cart around with me. I could search freely and simply have the M7 meet up with me when the ball was found. The M7 handled everything thrown it's way with one exception. I was sending the M7 around a tree unknowing to me the tree had an ENORMOUS root on the opposite side. This was the only time the M7 fell over. Up hills, down hills, sideways on hills, over holes, over pinecones, no problem for the M7.The "wheelie bar" worked like a charm. I didn't have to worry much about the unit tipping.

Cons: Not really much to write here. The unit is not light but not incredibly heavy or anything. If your back is good enough to be out golfing, lifting this shouldn't be an issue. My main cons come from the accessories. The scorecard holder rattled like crazy and I eventually removed it. That could just be a me thing but it bugged me quite a bit. The cup holder isn't great. It rotates a bit which can be an issue. If your drink is not something with a screw cap, you definitely don't want it in the cup holder when you send the M7 off. The bumpy ride is not ideal for and plastic cup drink from the bar. I just took the drink out after I hit my shot and would sent the M7 on it's way. Not too big of a deal as I didn't have a cart to push so my hand was free. Also, could just be my bag, but a stand bag does not work well with the M7. No big deal. I've got a cart bag on the way.

Conclusion: The M7 is awesome. Truly a game changer for me and my back that likes to act up at times. Walking is so much more beneficial for your health and this allows me to do that with ease. It's fun to "drive" and is like a mini game on the course haha. Thinking of the cost, I was riding in carts a lot and at 15 to 20 dollars for a cart, this unit will pay for itself in less than 100 rounds of golf and based on the quality, should last for many, many more after that. I highly recommend the M7 and I cannot wait to get out there again with it!
Great initial thoughts!

Does anyone keep this stored in their trunk or does it come inside with you after every round? Or maybe just the battery comes in? I know it’s been mentioned before but I don’t remember where

Does anyone keep this stored in their trunk or does it come inside with you after every round? Or maybe just the battery comes in? I know it’s been mentioned before but I don’t remember where
I currently bring the whole thing inside but I also currently park in the driveway and its summer. I can see leaving it in the trunk with just the battery out come fall. (but will likely read the manual to confirm that's not a horrible idea)

I currently bring the whole thing inside but I also currently park in the driveway and its summer. I can see leaving it in the trunk with just the battery out come fall. (but will likely read the manual to confirm that's not a horrible idea)
Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing but it’s been a bit cumbersome to do it every time lol

On my ZIP Navigator, as I play 4 times between Wednesday and Sunday I leave in the trunk but always take out battery when I get home to recharge and then load it back in when I leave for the course. Been doing this for like 10 years with 3 different remote carts without any issues.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing but it’s been a bit cumbersome to do it every time lol
I leave mine in and just take battery.

Courses that don’t allow your own push carts are silly 😡

Courses that don’t allow your own push carts are silly 😡
It makes no sense and I would never go back to that course again.

It makes no sense and I would never go back to that course again.
It’s a public course too which just seems silly. If it was a pristine track I would still be grumpy but maybe at least see the logic. Course was in decent shape but certainly not pristine.

Two Week Review

Quality of Play - I don't think it's a coincidence anymore now that I've been out a lot more. My game has improved. In rounds where I've used this (three 18 hole rounds and three nine hole rounds) I haven't shot above an 80 for 18 or a 40 for nine yet. I can't stress how fantastic that feels. I can focus on the golf and only the golf. Not carrying a bag, not picking it up and setting it down in the best spot to grab it once I'm done with a hole. I don't have to carry, looking for a ball that I couldn't see land, or set down my bag to look only to realize I am far from my bag and have to go back and pick it up (this can all be comparable to regular pushing too). I can freely walk and the Motocaddy does the hard work for me. It's led to more energy to better play this game. I have no doubts about this.

Ease of Use - It can't be stated enough, how easy this remote is to use. Yes, there's a slight adjustment period to it (read: five minutes). But after that, you're off and running (walking lol) and it turns to second nature to steer, speed up, maneuver to the next tee box and bringing it up to you when you have found your ball that you thought was one place but ended up in another. Undoing it from a folding position, locking in the wheels, plugging in the battery and getting your bag on the cart all take less than 2 minutes total. And that's being conservative. It folds up and down in a breeze, the bag straps are super easy to tighten or loosen, and even adjusting the front wheels if you have drift can be done quickly. Motocaddy has made it so freaking easy to get out of the trunk and going.

Reliability and Performance - I've been testing battery pretty recklessly if I do say so myself. 45 holes without a charge to the main battery and it still had plenty left according to the screen on the cart. The remote has only been charged once and the screen says it still has over 50% left. These batteries are STRONG. Reliability of the cart itself is just as good. I've tried to flip this thing. I really have. Side hills, roots, downhill and uphill at speed. Sturdy is the word that comes to mind. If I do end up getting it to tip at some point, it will be something that is very obvious that the cart shouldn't be doing. Use the remote with confidence that the M7 will stay wheels down for you. Regarding the performance, button presses are close to instant, even from over 200 yards away (I tried to get out of range and couldn't). It starts immediately and stops on a dime. When it turns, it doesn't need any space, it's like a zero turn lawn mower and you can be spinning donuts without it taking up a large area. I've had it in wet and dry conditions so far and not once has there been an issue with it starting, stopping or continuing to go.

Cons - The ONLY thing I can think of is that I've had to adjust the wheels from drift twice so far. I'm sure that's from me taking it over some less than ideal terrain during initial testing so going forward, I doubt I'll have to do that a lot more but it was something I noticed. Other than that, I can't think of a single thing that I could truly complain about

Overall - It's gotten to a point where I already know this is the best investment for golf that I'll make. Past, present and future 😁 We are about to go play a course that is super hilly this weekend and they provide you carts in the green fee. I would rather take this. Walking and playing is one of my favorite things (unless I'm riding a Finn lol) and this has made golf so much more enjoyable than it already was. Next thing I want to do soon is take it to our other local course that I REFUSE to walk because the back is so hilly. The M7 makes me want to experience the course that way and it's a great feeling.

Almost every question people have had so far has already been answered by the great THPers who had this previously but I'm here for any questions as well and will continue to give feedback the more I use it!

Unprompted, my daughter asked if I wanted to take her to the golf course so she can putt and drive the cart. Needless to say I love my M7 even more now 😍

More pertinent to the reviews, really starting to enjoy how easy it is to switch into manual push mode. I had been driving it into the garage because it was new and fun then started to carry. Having the wheels rolling free makes it a bit easier to load/unload/transport around. The design makes it so easy to switch into that mode. One click and a small tug on the wheel and one is good to go.

Overall - It's gotten to a point where I already know this is the best investment for golf that I'll make. Past, present and future 😁 We are about to go play a course that is super hilly this weekend and they provide you carts in the green fee. I would rather take this. Walking and playing is one of my favorite things (unless I'm riding a Finn lol) and this has made golf so much more enjoyable than it already was. Next thing I want to do soon is take it to our other local course that I REFUSE to walk because the back is so hilly. The M7 makes me want to experience the course that way and it's a great feeling.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. The M7 the best thing I purchased for golf this season!
I love walking now and feel I play better when I do.

I would love one of these. In fact, it would help me play more golf. I get back issues more from pushing a cart than swinging. The walking is a non-issue. I average 20K steps on non-golf days. I know I can ride a cart but am more likely to give up golf than stop walking as part of playing.

The problem is cost. The entry price is not easy for me to fit into the budget. I hope as electric push carts become more popular, the price per performance level drops. In the meantime, I have still only seen 2 electric push carts (total) at any of the local courses.

I would love one of these. In fact, it would help me play more golf. I get back issues more from pushing a cart than swinging. The walking is a non-issue. I average 20K steps on non-golf days. I know I can ride a cart but am more likely to give up golf than stop walking as part of playing.

The problem is cost. The entry price is not easy for me to fit into the budget. I hope as electric push carts become more popular, the price per performance level drops. In the meantime, I have still only seen 2 electric push carts (total) at any of the local courses.
I'd be happy to show you a third one lol

Back