The Edel Fitting Experience

Sorry late with the pictures, they are huge. Sorry!

67805246614-7-CDE28-B2-2807-4-A33-AE4-B-FAE0-F4-C7-B521-jpeg
67805245903-0-E531-BAF-7-FE6-41-CA-962-F-5-DFE3-DA951-jpeg05-jpeg

67805248171-3-D36-C9-E8-797-F-462-F-B80-F-F0-F7402-B4-EB6-jpeg
Awesome,. Enjoy that bad boy!

Fitting day today! Heading to Calgary with Mrs G, we made a wager for whose paying for lunch on what shape I’m getting fit into.

Fitting day today! Heading to Calgary with Mrs G, we made a wager for whose paying for lunch on what shape I’m getting fit into.
So who bet what. I’m saying 5.0.

She thinks I’ll be in a blade, I’m guessing one of the mallets.
I’m guessing she is hoping it’s the same as you already have on order. 🤣🤣🤣

Im saying 4.0. it's just so good

The one I got, 1.0.....

C761B1D0-A6FC-4644-AE2D-F0E97147CA7E.jpeg
Looks like I’m buying lunch. I’ll have some thoughts later but that was an amazing process!

I finally have a putter I am fairly comfortable with but I keep coming back to read this thread. I am not sure if there is a good Edel fitter around I would want the full experience I have been reading about.

I should do this.
Yes you should. I knew going in it was going to be an eye-opener but I didn’t think it was going to be that good.

Yes you should. I knew going in it was going to be an eye-opener but I didn’t think it was going to be that good.
The biomechanics that fitting system is based on is good. I find myself going back and watching Edel videos with David on a regular basis.

It really is. Absolutely loved it. I actually just started a membership at this lagoon community and they have a wonderful putting green. Already have my routine figured out.

Putting Green.... Fitness Facility.... Stand Up Paddle Boarding.... Beer....... Must make Edel my best club in my bag.

Last edited:
Edel Brethern and Sistern... What type of ball should be paired with this wonderful putter? I ordered 5 boxes of TPS with the crazy logos, Bomb Pops, Mustaches etc... From what I read slower swing speeds work better with these. I'm assuming this ball is good enough to roll with the Edel?

And I told everyone in here how good it was from the start. 😉🤣

Good choice (y) I proudly carry mine in my bag as well!

Speaking of which I just posted but since you replied I might as well ask. What type of ball do you like to use putting with your Edel? I was rolling some Maxfli's and some E12 and I didn't like it... Something softer?

I've been using Chrome Soft X LS and they are amazing with the Edel putter and wedges

Good choice (y) I proudly carry mine in my bag as well!

Speaking of which I just posted but since you replied I might as well ask. What type of ball do you like to use putting with your Edel? I was rolling some Maxfli's and some E12 and I didn't like it... Something softer?
I just use my gamer. I don’t pick ball based on the putter, it’s more focused on the rest of my game. I’m in the Z Diamond right now.

That said, for sure a softer ball will give you a more dense feedback 👍👍

Alright I’ve got some time here on the drive home so here goes. My fitting was at the gorgeous Glencoe Golf and Country Club in Calgary, AB. Driving up we were greeted with views of snow capped mountains, massive groups of pine trees, and lush greenery. I love the mountains, and this area is one of my favourite places in Alberta. The Glencoe is a members-only facility, I don’t have a whole lot of exposure to that side of things so I felt a little out of place but was greeted really nicely when I checked in at the pro shop and was directed down to the practice facility. The grounds are beautiful, from what I saw of the course it looked incredible, and the practice area was gorgeous. A large 100 yard pitching area flanks a small pond with a small 3-hole putting green, there was a larger 4 hole practice green towards the back left, and a massive grass range with a small fitting shack, all surrounded to the north by large spruce trees providing some nice shade from the July heat. I made my way into the fitting shack with my putter and was greeted by my fitter, Kevin. We chatted briefly about the current state of my game, and he had a chuckle about me winning “the golf lottery” with my spot at the Quest Cup. He took a look at the putter I brought with me (Cobra Stingray), and asked me a few questions about what I liked, how comfortable I was with it, the length, etc. I explained that currently it’s the one that seems to be working the best for me (I would NOT say I’m a skilled or confident putter) and he affixed the mirror shard to the face and we did the alignment test. I was actually in pretty good alignment with it, but was very high up on the screen. He asked if I wanted to stick with a mallet and I said I wanted to make more putts (did not mention the bet with Mrs. G). He put together a 1.0 and let me take aim, and it was good, but he said he wanted to get the loft down. He put together a few more combinations, including the 4.0 in a similar length/hosel, which got pretty close, but as soon as he started trying adding lines to it, it got progressively worse so it was discarded. Combinations were tried, and nothing got close to the 1.0 with no alignment and the forward hosel. After a few walk-ins and set ups behind the ball with this configuration, all with the same centre cup laser 6” over the cup, he explained that the line on my Cobra might be causing a bit of the loft issue, and the absence of a line was bringing it down a fair bit, and we started the string weight test. He threw down a few balls, and told me to take a single practice stroke with one, and then hit a few putts. Combinations were tried, I kept my mouth shut (despite the questions swirling around my head), and focused on maintaining the same constant set-up and posture, and figured when we found the magic bullet it would present itself. After about 5-6, he said “how does that one feel compared to the second one we tried?”, and all I could say was “it feels…..right?” It’s hard to describe, like when you grab one off the rack and roll a few and think “it’s almost perfect”. He took it back from me, replaced the head weight, and had me roll a few more, asking about the greens I normally play on. This was the one I was waiting for, and after 3 putts within 1” of the string, Kevin said “let’s go roll some putts!”. We headed out to the larger practice green and he threw down some balls at 8’ and told me to line up at the centre of the cup, and not to worry about the break. I would take alignment and he would tell me to pull the trigger, confirming I was in alignment. We repeated this from 4’, and he confirmed my alignment on centre cup again, and I knocked down a few of these with ease. We did some lag putting, and I was kind of shocked at some of the results, like leaving a 30’ putt hanging on the lip, and having the other 3 within a few feet. More importantly, the putts I had where I picked a bad line - I hit my line. Satisfied, I started grilling Kevin with questions, and he explained his reasoning for switching up the weight under the grip so often, trying to quiet down some excess motion in my hands which was causing me to cut across the ball, made worse with me not trusting my alignment! Long story short, results speak volumes, we made our way back to the fitting shack and I confirmed that order with the quickness. I made my way back to the truck where Mrs G. was waiting for me and she said “You are grinning like your up to no good.” In 3 or so weeks when that putter shows up I will be. If your in the area, and you are interested in the system, he was awesome to work with. If your anywhere, and your interested in the system, seriously go do it. Go find your magic bullet.

Last edited:
Back