LIVE UPDATE THREAD Shaft Up #1 Contest with UST Mamiya

Finally got around to putting this together. It’ll be going in my home office. I got the idea from someone on here, but I saw it way back and haven’t been able to find it again. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, feel free to tag them so I can say thanks for the awesome idea. Pretty excited to hang this up!

View attachment 9103109
That's fantastic. Really well done

Finally got around to putting this together. It’ll be going in my home office. I got the idea from someone on here, but I saw it way back and haven’t been able to find it again. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, feel free to tag them so I can say thanks for the awesome idea. Pretty excited to hang this up!

View attachment 9103109
Looks awesome!

View attachment 9103109
Love it!!!

That looks great

View attachment 9103109
This turned out great!

That goat flag is sick. So good!

View attachment 9103109
That looks amazing. Do you take orders?

View attachment 9103109
Absolutely love it. It looks fantastic!

That looks amazing. Do you take orders?

Thanks! I'm afraid I'm not crafty enough for that. lol

My wife is the real brains behind it. She knew how to do everything and helped me with it. The layout was all me though, so I'm proud of that. lol

Thanks everyone! I've been going back and forth on how to lay it out, but I'm digging the final product.
The diagonal flag placement and fanned out tees were a good touch. Would have been a little too plain if everything was just horizontal and vertical.

The diagonal flag placement and fanned out tees were a good touch. Would have been a little too plain if everything was just horizontal and vertical.

Yeah, I went through several variations with the flag horizontal, but I could never get it to look quite right. Diagonal was definitely the way to go with the other items I wanted to include.

View attachment 9103109
That looks awesome! Love it, @will! If I remember correctly, I think it may have been someone that mentioned that they do this with some of the memorable rounds that they play with their son. Great idea and it turned out great!

View attachment 9103109

Looks good. I’m procrastinating as usual. How’d you get the flag to stick? Is it just a friction fit?

That looks awesome! Love it, @will! If I remember correctly, I think it may have been someone that mentioned that they do this with some of the memorable rounds that they play with their son. Great idea and it turned out great!

Yeah, I saw it awhile back and couldn't find it again, but that sounds right. They gave me the idea for the flag and shadow box and I had several little things I kept from the experience. This was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had so I wanted to put something together for it.

Looks good. I’m procrastinating as usual. How’d you get the flag to stick? Is it just a friction fit?

We had a bunch of little push pins in different colors and the red ones matched up about perfectly. I used those for the flag and did red and black pins for the name card. Double sided tape on everything else but the tees. Had to use little dabs of hot glue for those. Hopefully it holds up well.

That looks amazing! Really well done!

View attachment 9103109
Incredibly well done! Where did you get that shadow box?

Incredibly well done! Where did you get that shadow box?

Thanks! My wife found the shadow box at Hobby Lobby. I mentioned what I wanted to do and next thing you know, she comes home with exactly what I needed.

View attachment 9103109
Dude that's awesome!

View attachment 9103109
sick

@will that is freaking awesome! Great way to remember a great event.

Back