It looks like a chipper for someone that wants to hide the fact they have a chipper.

I like the looks, but am happy with my Cleveland SS. And, I will add to respond to some of the above comments, I was and am still surprised how effective and versatile this club is. I've used it up to about 50 yards out, and it will deliver a nice high pop on to the green with a full-ish swing.

Spend $200 on lessons and learn to chip?

It has an 8i loft and a putter length? And is meant to be used within 40 yards of the green?

I might need to look at this. It looks better than a SmartSole C.

It doesn't look bad, but it's a no for me...

Definitely one of the better looking chippers i have seen, but i still wouldnt use a spot in the bag for it. I am sure it will be good for a lot of folks.

I will plan on testing it or buying one. This year I added the Smart Sole C 4.0 Dark. In looking at my Shot Scope data my avg proximity with it is 13' which is the best of any club/wedge I use for chipping. Next best is 22'. I often use the chipper from up to 40-50 yds out so 13' avg I will take.

My up and down % with it is 53% to where my next best club is 30%.

Nice looking and useful club, but I'm not sure what current club I would remove for the ChipR.

You all are just talking dirty in here with this. The chipper will always hold a special place in my heart even though it has been replaced by two of the most beautiful golf clubs I've ever experienced. (My two Edel SMS wedges)

But just for a little nostalgia... R.I.P. 37* Pinemeadow...R.I.P. (IYKYK...if not...well...should've been on the forum a year ago,)
IMG_4984.JPEG

I enjoy using my Cleveland Smart Sole 4 chipper. I am very yippy with my short game and I need all the help I can get, LOL. That said, this club misses the mark a bit --- one of the nice advantages of the Cleveland is that it has a wide sole which prevents digging. This one looks like it looks like a standard iron which could be a bit problematic for the kind of player it is intended for. But still, I am going have to test this one when it hits the stores. Curious to see it in action.

I enjoy using my Cleveland Smart Sole 4 chipper. I am very yippy with my short game and I need all the help I can get, LOL. That said, this club misses the mark a bit --- one of the nice advantages of the Cleveland is that it has a wide sole which prevents digging. This one looks like it looks like a standard iron which could be a bit problematic for the kind of player it is intended for. But still, I am going have to test this one when it hits the stores. Curious to see it in action.

My mistake. The pics i have seen of it look like a normal iron, but it does seem to have a chunky sole to prevent digging. So all good :)

I have a spot in the bag but don't see an advantage over a bump and run with 7,8,9,or PW

It looks really good and way better than others, but not sure I'd want to give up a spot for a specialized club.

Not bad at looking at all. I would give that a try but i am not sure what i would remove to have that in the bag.
Take your 9i out please

I would definitely use it. But would have to wait for one to show up on Ebay.

I don't have any opposition to putting a chipper in my bag and this looks good. I just don't really see how it would improve my game that much. I gain strokes around the green based on my stats. I definitely see the shot where I would use it but I don't see a chipper saving me that many shots over my normal pitching or a Texas wedge with my putter. I totally could be wrong on this.

This is the best looking chipper I have seen yet. I would definitely bag it if needed. Right now I don't need it.

I think it looks good, but it is also very specialized.

I've been a pretty big fan of my traditional 8i for my bump and runs and I don't see that changing at the moment at least.

Agreed. I also didn't see anywhere in the article describing where this is really any different from a normal 8-iron besides length. I'm assuming this is supposed to be easier to hit than a standard iron? It's tough to tell in the pics if the sole is larger or if there is anything going on with the bounce.

It has an 8i loft and a putter length? And is meant to be used within 40 yards of the green?

I might need to look at this. It looks better than a SmartSole C.
I know I use my Smart Sole C from upwards of 70 yds out if there are no obstables or forced carries in front of me.
Granted that is PW loft compared to this one which is more 8-9i in loft...but I am sure it would still work to hit the lower bump and run on.

Hoping my local fitting center gets one in so that I can do a bake off between them.

I really like the looks of this. It has more of traditional iron look. I have thought about picking up a chipper, but just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Price on this is pretty steep and I have to wonder if it would be any better than other chippers on the market that coset less although they probably don't look as good.

Not for me but I sent the link to my stepdad who is a pig iron and putter player who loves a to use his Texas Wedge

This is probably the best looking chipper I've seen based on these photos. I've never tried or gamed a chipper though, so take with several grains of course salt.

Back