TaylorMade Spider GT Putters

Finally saw this putter in person today. Red and black. I don’t typically like mallet and I don’t typically like double bend shafts. But, I’ll be damned. I was really comfortable with this thing today.

its funky, but just enough normal..

890272D6-E1EE-496F-8085-9F97E5FAB689.jpegJust received this today!

Maiden voyage with this one today. Currently have a few mallets in the rotation. All with inserts. This is the firmer feeling of the bunch for sure but also the only CS.. But I think it also puts the best roll on the ball. The ping insert is the softest followed by the white hot OG insert. Then this one. This does put a better roll on the ball. I would say it puts the same role as a ping insert but with a firmer feel.

Had this for birdie on #1 today…

View attachment trim.B54A8581-8E6E-4030-98CE-F023DB1B4B66.MOV

A few rounds in with the Spider GT CS. Starting to really enjoy the insert. Think its a happy medium between the softer inserts and a fully milled putter. I think i still prefer the alignment of my PING Ketch and Odyssey #7 but still giving this a shot. Got a round scheduled for today and 4-5 over the weekend in Orlando and will give it a deeper run through its paces

This putter really reminds of how I felt about the Spider FCG. Every time I picked up that putter at the PGA store, and now the Spider GT, I leave thinking I need that putter! It rolls so darn good and consistent

I’ve been struggling to find a putter that allows me to start the ball on line consistently. Been through a catalog of face balanced putters, a whack of toe hang putters and everything in between. I can across a TM demo day at a course near home and took full advantage of the opportunity to demo on grass. The Spider GT Short Slant in silver was so good! The putter felt so natural in my hands. Putt after putt it tracked down my line with excellent pace. The rep had stock onboard so I took a brand new GT SS in silver out of the wrapper and repeated the exemplary putting performance. The putter was paid for and will be retested in the morning on course.

I was in my local golf superstore and they finally got some left hand models in. Tried them all the one the stood out for my stroke was the Notchback single bend.
I think this is the best feeling insert that Taylormade has ever put in a putter .
I couldn't walk out without it.
gb

Hit a spider x with a rental set last week.

I liked it. 😬

Wonder if it's time for another mallet experiment. 😬😬

These are seriously growing on me... I took 5 dollars in a putting contest yesterday with one. I was seriously making everything.

This would be cool..

1652892769530.png

I love these. I want to get one of the new Scotty's in hand to see how they suit me but otherwise I think this will be my next putter.

Just rolled one of these. Almost made an impluse purchase. Really awesome putter.

guess who's back..

1660747731890.png

Cool - Where did you see this??

:sick::sick:

I was kind of sad that the putting gods let Saki Baba win with a Truss :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
DJ won with a truss too. I think what’s his face with the weird swing now on LIV won with one. Or maybe just used one for a bit. Honestly. I think the truss putters worked pretty good.

@templeton80, this is clearly a new putter - The Spider Truss GT?? Again, where did you see this as it's clearly something new...

Thanks,

- Ian
I am talking about the truss.. just the truss. The spider got has been out for a while.

What is new is the truss combined with the spider GT. My guess is it is a one off deal in Japan.

I am talking about the truss.. just the truss. The spider got has been out for a while.

What is new is the truss combined with the spider GT. My guess is it is a one off deal in Japan.

That is what I was asking - The finish, the fact it is definitely 'GT' (and Truss) tells me it's something new, or to your point, something from Japan....

Regardless, with the charcoal finish, the Truss treatment makes it look really cool to my eye.

I want it, but then, I pretty much want everything that's Taylormade LOL!!

- Ian

Back