CONTEST The Final Spot: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220827_120506.jpg
I have been marking my ball with a Tin Cup stencil for years now. It's the closest I can find to my favorite courses logo and it's always orange.

I played the CS today at the Bourbon Bash and really noticed a difference in feel off the putter. Otherwise I'd say it's on par with my normal ball.

Okay, here we go. It involved a ferry PXL_20220826_220317886.jpg

Trip back to the mainland. Then an almost 4 hour round trip to get back to a city, stopped at 3 stores Target didn't have any but my wife sure found the clearance clothes section we needed snacks anyways, Walmart didn't have any but once again they did have a clearance section before finally giving up and going to the mall where they have a dicks who absolutely had them.

PXL_20220827_222043496.MP.jpg

Taken with my only THP thing I had with me. If I need to mark my balls I use the word PACE - it is the initials of my family in birth order, along with simply a great idea when putting. Also, looking ahead if the kids ever want to golf with me since the wife does not we can mark them ACE since that's also a pretty good golf term.

**Edit. It's purple because it's been my favorite color for many years, that and gray were our two wedding colors.

Bless my wife for being so supportive, this was part of our 5 year anniversary celebration and it has absolutely been shared to her family on Snapchat.

Last edited:
I put 2 green dots on my yellow Chrome Soft, it’s distinctive and guys at my course know it’s mine and I can’t tell you how many balls have been returned to me so far this year. Costs me a drink each time but worth it!

61CEAB8E-0861-4B78-9FA4-A5F27EA608EB.jpeg

So many great entries. Keep them coming!

Since this was announced on Wednesday, I’ve been thinking hard about whether I would be entering for the last spot.

This event means more to me than I can put in to words and I’d give almost anything to be able to give it another run. The people at Callaway, the camaraderie with your teammates, the location and the opportunity. There isn’t anything like it.

But since this is the last spot, this isn’t my time to try to be selfish. I want someone else to be able to experience the greatness this event can be if you fully embrace it.

Maybe I’ll go back one day. I hope I’m able to. But for now, I’ll be cheering my absolute ass off for this team and hope it will come back again next year.

So this IS NOT an entry but I did take a picture just in case I convinced myself to enter so I’m going to put it up anyway.
F0D8DD69-432B-46C1-953E-C95E5EE2E028.jpeg

Since this was announced on Wednesday, I’ve been thinking hard about whether I would be entering for the last spot.

This event means more to me than I can put in to words and I’d give almost anything to be able to give it another run. The people at Callaway, the camaraderie with your teammates, the location and the opportunity. There isn’t anything like it.

But since this is the last spot, this isn’t my time to try to be selfish. I want someone else to be able to experience the greatness this event can be if you fully embrace it.

Maybe I’ll go back one day. I hope I’m able to. But for now, I’ll be cheering my absolute ass off for this team and hope it will come back again next year.

So this IS NOT an entry but I did take a picture just in case I convinced myself to enter so I’m going to put it up anyway.
View attachment 9115964
Really nice of you!

Not that I am entering for the contest, but here's how mark my CSX LS. You find one out there on course like this, let me know. 😁

Blue alignment line and 3 blue dots under the Chevron.

IMG_20220827_185648.jpg

View attachment 9115921
View attachment 9115923
I like the standard chrome soft from the chrome soft lineup.
Mark:
2 dots with matching arcs
This mark creates a smiling face or a frowning face.
It reminds me that perspective matters. Sometimes you hit bad shots or play poorly, but in the end, you are getting to play golf, so have fun and enjoy it. Onto the next shot.
Seeing the frowning face normally makes me laugh.
I play with a guy who marks each sleeve with one happy face, one sad face, and one 🤬 face. He starts every round with a happy face ball so if he’s on the 🤬 ball that night you know he’s had a tough round.

Chrome Soft for me. I always circle the number and put a percent sign “%” on it. In Java development, percent sign means to use the remainder of any mathematical operation.

That sign is a reminder to me to always leave it all on the course no matter what - no remainders.

809EC97E-6603-4DDE-A9F1-DD8AF49361F3.jpeg

E94B494C-1873-4B5E-9AC6-816D8D0E0EC7.jpeg

I simply mark mine with 3 purple dots around the chevron. I feel it helps me focus on the ball when making a swing, especially off the tee.
20220827_131354.jpg20220827_131712.jpg

C0511048-56B4-4EBB-A470-85CF76801094.jpeg

I previously submitted a picture but it was a previous year model. I have been using up a supply of older model balls. And didn’t have a current version. So I bought a sleeve at the course today to make my entry official. Same orange sharpie circle around the number. It survived for 8 hole until it needed to cool off in a pond on 9. 🥴

Last day. Get those entries in!

@checkered I don’t think I’ve seen an entry from you man! Get in on this!

One last shot at greatness.

Chrome Soft X - I put a J in black right under the chevron. The J is for John or Juker...my real name.

20220828_103625.jpg

15F75CD8-5A97-4C89-9DDD-BDB1ADF5486E.jpeg
This ball is special and has the best mark of all! No need to add one from me. I normally don’t mark mine but when I do it is usually a 🔴 on either side of Callaway

Official entry with my Callaway Chromesoft!

20220828_140012.jpg

1661717389813.jpeg

Chomesoft for me, but not usually a plain white :) When I get some plain white ones, this is the mark I use. It's a tin cup stencil, and I've never seen anyone else use it. I really like to play the yellow Truvis and since nobody else I play with does that I usually don't have to mark anymore.

DAEE1131-497D-4576-AF7C-422807A08738.jpeg

My Picture is of my Callaway X Forged CB irons that I bought based on the reviews of THPers along with the Callaway golf balls that I shot 78 and 79 with. The 78 is my personal best at my home course, 41/37, and the 79 I parred the final 7 holes of the back 9 at my home course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back