Mizuno JPX923 Irons Hit the Conforming List

Well if you have a place near you heads are mostly out. In. To hit. Some put them out or let them be hit to get orders going quickly. It's interesting for me on what people who play the HMP and HM will see as differences. I don't normally play them so they probably don't jump out at me as much. The forged and tour are improved. The 921 Tour we're kind of panned for not being very different from 919 and not feeling great. The forged are the fun ones. They keep making that package a little better.
Places had heads out of the tour and forged irons?

Oh I think I read that wrong about taking orders. (y)
Yeah I was just saying that some places rush them out as soon as they get them to try to get their own sales moving, and I've always assumed just writing up an order.. and having to wait to submit it? I have seen them be in the system where you could do it before official launch though. 🤷‍♂️ Not something I usually have to think about.

Yeah I was just saying that some places rush them out as soon as they get them to try to get their own sales moving, and I've always assumed just writing up an order.. and having to wait to submit it? I have seen them be in the system where you could do it before official launch though. 🤷‍♂️ Not something I usually have to think about.
I was speaking to those two irons specifically, not the entire line. It will make more sense come the 23rd when we can speak to it.

I was speaking to those two irons specifically, not the entire line. It will make more sense come the 23rd when we can speak to it.

Golf Galaxy is having a Mizuno fitting next weekend, which I booked a slot. Based on these past couple posts in this thread, sound like the 923 Forged will NOT be avialable to hit? HM series only? Please tell me I'm wrong.....

Golf Galaxy is having a Mizuno fitting next weekend, which I booked a slot. Based on these past couple posts in this thread, sound like the 923 Forged will NOT be avialable to hit? HM series only? Please tell me I'm wrong.....
I can’t speak to anything pre release.

Soooo, the wife and I went out of town today and stopped at a golf shop. I've been toying with the idea of a new hybrid, so was looking at some of the used options they had. Took a couple of hybrids to the hitting bay and noticed the Mizuno fitting area and all those shiny Mizuno heads and then noticed a bunch had plastic on them. They did, in fact, have the 923 heads. I was talking to one of the guys working there and he let me hit a couple of them. They didn't have any specs or info about shaft offerings or anything like that, but I hit the 923 Hot Metal and Hot Metal HL with a Recoil 95 F4 shaft. Not exactly sure what's okay to share, since it looks like the actual release is 9/23. lol I don't have any specs or technical details or anything like that, but I did get to hit those two and get some numbers. I think people are going to really like these.

Me, waiting for these to come out

20220918_154707.jpg

These are his results in the video ^ posted above if you don't want to watch for whatever reason.

A local shop had them out, felt good, excited to hear the tech details, no forged or tour to demo, looked better in hand than I expected, if really impatient drop me a note and I can send you a few in hand photos

Nice. Skimmed it. Similar, but a little different results than mine. The forged were fast and low for me too though. They're beasts for the right people.
You spent time with the forged irons at a local shop?

You spent time with the forged irons at a local shop?
Haven't seen them on a store floor yet. Not sure when they'll get them.

i’m looking forward to official release and all the thp info. this video ought to be pretty cool too!

i’m looking forward to official release and all the thp info. this video ought to be pretty cool too!

Listening to Vosh get in the weeds on tech was a major highlight of the trip. I said it before in the live thread but just being in the same room listening to him made me feel smarter. His passion for the brand is infectious. It no wonder he’s pretty much the face of the company. Such a great dude.

PXL_20220918_191255844.MP.jpg

I only got to hit the Hot Metal and Hot Metal HL, but my results were a little different. The HL really surprised me.
In a good way?

In a good way?

Yes, very much so. The HL with the Recoil 95 shaft gave me better launch, carry, peak height, and spin than the Hot Metals with the same shaft. It actually felt a little better to me as well. I can't wait to see all the details on Friday. I'm planning to go back and spend more time hitting them and comparing to the Hot Metals. I was going to swap the steel shafts in my 921 Hot Metals for graphite, but now I think I'll just do a custom order for the 923's and trade or sell my 921's.

Yes, very much so. The HL with the Recoil 95 shaft gave me better launch, carry, peak height, and spin than the Hot Metals with the same shaft. It actually felt a little better to me as well. I can't wait to see all the details on Friday. I'm planning to go back and spend more time hitting them and comparing to the Hot Metals. I was going to swap the steel shafts in my 921 Hot Metals for graphite, but now I think I'll just do a custom order for the 923's and trade or sell my 921's.
I am going to get the 923's, just not sure which ones. The High Launch have me intrigued. I currently game Callaway Steelhead XR irons and the ball flight is crazy low. I may lean toward the Hot Metal JPX923 HL if they can help me get the ball flight higher. Also intrigued by the Recoil 95 shafts. Hear so many good things about these. I am hoping that either Golftec or Golf Galaxy get these in stock in October so I can go hit them. I was considering a smaller head profile this time around which has me interested in the Hot Metal Pros also. I am a 10 handicap and not sure if I should be looking for LESS forgiveness. Only thing I know for certain is that I have been waiting 53 years to get Mizuno irons and the time has come.

Back