BIG MAX Push for Sustainability

Great read. This is much more than I was expecting to read about, oftentimes we hear about a company making a difference environmentally and it's a very minimal impact or a very basic change. On the other hand, this was not a small effort, and those are huge changes to production. Good on them for doing this.

Great read. This is much more than I was expecting to read about, oftentimes we hear about a company making a difference environmentally and it's a very minimal impact or a very basic change. On the other hand, this was not a small effort, and those are huge changes to production. Good on them for doing this.
Right? Pretty cool moves being made by Big Max imo

Right? Pretty cool moves being made by Big Max imo
Absolutely. I would expect the tree-planting as that one is kind of a softball, but converting to solar and changing all welding to robotics is not cheap or a short-term trial run, that's a long-term commitment. Will be interested to see who/when follows suit unless they are and are just not advertising.

Good to hear about a company doing the right thing, even when as a market leader they don't really have to. I'm not in the market for a push cart, but I would definitely consider their products strongly after reading the article.

Great stuff. Great read also.
Love solar panels.
8 to 10 degree reduction in temps was that due to adding fans or the shading provided by solar panels from the sun. Many people don't think about the provided shading from solar panels as an asset as it keeps the building cooler from sun heating.
Ultimately I would want these carts to last longer and thus reduce the burden on my wallet and the environment

That was a cool read @Jman. That is not something I ever really think about from a company at all. Good for them to looking for ways to save money and help the environment. It is nice to read other things these big companies are doing. I still can’t believe how small that cart gets!

Great write up. Pretty cool all the levels they are going about doing this. Rain water collection, solar, trees, and even keeping it mind for specific design aspects. Cool stuff.

Back