Naples/Fort Myers Golf

hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to be visiting our new house for the first time at the end of july. I will be there for about two weeks and am looking for some good courses to play. I know Tiburon and Arrow Head are supposed to be nice. Are there any courses someone can recommend?

There are a few threads on this area.
Biggsy has played just about all of them.

I am going to be visiting our new house for the first time at the end of july. I will be there for about two weeks and am looking for some good courses to play. I know Tiburon and Arrow Head are supposed to be nice. Are there any courses someone can recommend?

Those two courses couldn't be more different, pass on Arrowhead. I promise you'll be glad.

Biggsy just posted about tiburon, some great pics and info in that thread.

--
tapatalk

Those two courses couldn't be more different, pass on Arrowhead. I promise you'll be glad.

Biggsy just posted about tiburon, some great pics and info in that thread.

Good thing about this time of year is the prices have dropped. You can play Tiburon for $60 right now without any reciprocation.

Check out the Rookery golf club just outside of Marco Island. Great course!!

Check out the Rookery golf club just outside of Marco Island. Great course!!

In season its great, right now, negative maverick, the pattern is full...of mosquitoes

--
tapatalk

Ok, thanks. I checked the other threads. But what is wrong with arrow head SW?

Ok, thanks. I checked the other threads. But what is wrong with arrow head SW?

The greens, I play there in a weekly scramble league and we've been on a two putt rule for the longest time. Greens were punched in late May and just have not bounced back, it's like putting on the beach. Last week they shut down to treat for nematodes, hopefully that will help the recovery a little, also now that we have started "rainy season" maybe the grass will come in. It's a shame because the service there is spectacular, some of the nicest staff you could ask for and a well layed out course.

Shoot me a PM closer to your arrival and I'll give you an update, but for literally +/-$5 you can get on some really great courses this time of year.

That's a shame. I'll PM you for sure. Thanks

I'm going back down to FL soon, and have a few more questions. It will be just for golf this time. Last trip I played Valencia. It was a last minute thing because we were so busy with furniture being delivered etc. I want to play a few nicer courses this time. I read the Biggsys review of River Hall, Bonita Bay, and the Tiburon. I want to play two of those. What do you guys think of either of the Verandah courses and Magnolia Landing?

I have one not to play by any stretch of the imagination.... it's so bad that I forgot what it was called... I'll go back and check GolfNow (hold on).... found it...Riviera. At the time it was $40 which is cheap especially there in March. There were other courses for the same price and I went with this one. It wound its way through a trailer park. Greens were shabby just a stinker. I drove by Hibiscus a day later which was the same price and I nearly vomitted. Yeah... wish I knew then what I know now. Hibiscus didn't look bad at all. I was in Seffner later that week and for $40 played Summerfield Crossing.... I enjoyed that course. Believe me, I'm not picky about courses and enjoy pretty much anywhere. Riviera is the first time that I have ever complained to my wife about a course.

Biggsy... can you comment on Hibiscus? I'll be in Florida in January and March. Just not sure if I'll be down that way again.

Alex

Pass dude.

--
tapatalk

Gotcha thanks. I imagine as we get to January/March it's definitely a no go?

Alex

The later the better. Down here it depends on when Easter falls as to when people start going north.

If your going to here for more than a day or two look at getting a shark shootout pass. It comes with a 16 course voucher that will get you on some nice courses. Check the dates though, I can't remember when its valid for.

Also WCI has some specials on their booking system, they run tiburon/raptor bay etc.

--
tapatalk

The later the better. Down here it depends on when Easter falls as to when people start going north.

If your going to here for more than a day or two look at getting a shark shootout pass. It comes with a 16 course voucher that will get you on some nice courses. Check the dates though, I can't remember when its valid for.

Also WCI has some specials on their booking system, they run tiburon/raptor bay etc.

--
tapatalk

SW:

That is some great info that you passed on. Thanks a bunch!!!! I'm not sure if we'll make it that far south this year but January I come down w/o the family for 5 days and with the wife and kid in March for 8 days. March we're splitting time in Plant City and Daytona. Subject to change though.

Alex

Does anybody have any input on Magnolia Landing, Naples Beach, or Verandah?

I'm leaving tomorrow to play for a few days. I am playing Whispering Oaks at Verandah on Friday and River Hall CC on Saturday. I will try to take a bunch of pictures to post if I can.

Have fun dude, hopefully you'll have the driver in your bag by then!!

--
tapatalk

haha thanks man. I'm only there until Sunday, so I'm having it sent to PA. I don't want to take a chance of it getting there after I leave.

Does anybody have any input on Magnolia Landing, Naples Beach, or Verandah?
A little late to the party, but Verandah is outstanding. We go down to FM every year and play there. River Hall is good too. We played Magnolia Landing last year. I'd give it a 6 or 7. It's not nearly as challenging as Verandah or River Hall and not in as good a shape. Can't speak to Naples Beach. It's been 20 years since I last played there.

Back