2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

i watched Sydney Golf Tech's (SGT) youtube review and it seemed like there's not much to sway me to move to ZX7 MkII...my quick reaction is there is a bit higher spin and a difference in ball flight (i don't recall what the difference was since i was trying to listen to my wife at the same time :LOL:)...that being said, i was leaning toward the ZX5 MkII anyway and i know it's only one review but his swing/ball strike seemed pretty consistent and his overall performance seemed pretty even. i think the added spin would help me in the 7 so i wonder if the 5 gets the added spin as well.

i watched Sydney Golf Tech's (SGT) youtube review and it seemed like there's not much to sway me to move to ZX7 MkII...my quick reaction is there is a bit higher spin and a difference in ball flight (i don't recall what the difference was since i was trying to listen to my wife at the same time :LOL:)...that being said, i was leaning toward the ZX5 MkII anyway and i know it's only one review but his swing/ball strike seemed pretty consistent and his overall performance seemed pretty even. i think the added spin would help me in the 7 so i wonder if the 5 gets the added spin as well.
The ZX5 looks really good to me.

The ZX5 looks really good to me.

i was gonna try and find a ZX5 set but they're almost impossible to find in LH now. so, it's either MkII or something else to try out...I'm leaning toward HMP 923's and just holding onto a known commodity in my ZX7's

I'm chuckling over here because I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but it just kills me the guy has playing the OG ZX7 for 2 YEARS and didn't know there were more grooves on the short irons. Lol

I'm chuckling over here because I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but it just kills me the guy has playing the OG ZX7 for 2 YEARS and didn't know there were more grooves on the short irons. Lol

not gonna lie, i omitted that tidbit on purpose :LOL:

i was gonna try and find a ZX5 set but they're almost impossible to find in LH now. so, it's either MkII or something else to try out...I'm leaning toward HMP 923's and just holding onto a known commodity in my ZX7's
923 Forged, Cobra and Callaway Releases, and these. I’ve mentally all but eliminated the i230. I don’t hate what I have so I have this going for me.
How do you feel about the V Sole

not gonna lie, i omitted that tidbit on purpose :LOL:
He had a bit of a sense of humor about it, and the data looked good, but in my circle you'd just never be able to live that down. 2 years. His gamer set. 😆 I mean, with powers of observation like that I guarantee that guy tees up occasionally and realizes he finished out the last hole with someone else's ball. 😂 Or not! f**k I don't even know. Sounds like someone had to tell him about the grooves. Lol And I just can't stop laughing about it.

I need sleep.

I also found it a little interesting that he's a shallow low groover who plays ZX7s.

He had a bit of a sense of humor about it, and the data looked good, but in my circle you'd just never be able to live that down. 2 years. His gamer set. 😆 I mean, with powers of observation like that I guarantee that guy tees up occasionally and realizes he finished out the last hole with someone else's ball. 😂 Or not! f**k I don't even know. Sounds like someone had to tell him about the grooves. Lol And I just can't stop laughing about it.

I need sleep.

I also found it a little interesting that he's a shallow low groover who plays ZX7s.

yeah...but he was consistent :LOL:

yeah...but he was consistent :LOL:
Yes. It was good. And that's why it's silly I can't stop laughing. Dude just goes about his business.

but... You know those movie scenes where someone gets in the wrong vehicle and their key/fob actually starts it and they don't realize they're in the wrong vehicle until there's like a baby seat or something where there shouldn't be? This guy wouldn't figure it out until he lease was up and he brought it back. 😂 Best video I've seen in ages. I followed him. I like it. I'm delirious.

923 Forged, Cobra and Callaway Releases, and these. I’ve mentally all but eliminated the i230. I don’t hate what I have so I have this going for me.
How do you feel about the V Sole

i love my ZX7's...i don't know that having v-sole is an (dis)advantage for me but i get along with the 7's pretty well...idk...but i know/knew enough that i let my forgiving set of D9 Forged irons go...and i am getting that missed, extra distance out of my ZX7's now for some reason or another. a re-shaft is probably the smart move but i think this next set will be around for a while if they can compete with the feel/performance of the 7's...if not, the 7's will go back in the bag.

Yes. It was good. And that's why it's silly I can't stop laughing. Dude just goes about his business.

but... You know those movie scenes where someone gets in the wrong vehicle and their key/fob actually starts it and they don't realize they're in the wrong vehicle until there's like a baby seat or something where there shouldn't be? This guy wouldn't figure it out until he lease was up and he brought it back. 😂 Best video I've seen in ages. I followed him. I like it. I'm delirious.

i actually did that one time...but before the fob days...someone parked right next to me in the same exact color/make/model. i got in. readjusted the mirrors then looked back and saw **** that wasn't mine in the back seat :oops::LOL:

I’m still thinking of the 4’s multiple time a day/every day. Then I was looking at the 2021-22 custom catalog and have to wonder if Dart’s are going to be an option for 23. Ugh. I love the shape and everything about the 5’s, but if the 4’s are even close in size/shape in person I don’t know how I could stop myself from going that route.

I’m still thinking of the 4’s multiple time a day/every day. Then I was looking at the 2021-22 custom catalog and have to wonder if Dart’s are going to be an option for 23. Ugh. I love the shape and everything about the 5’s, but if the 4’s are even close in size/shape in person I don’t know how I could stop myself from going that route.

Exactly. I can’t hide my Srixon homer side. It’s been a thing for a long, long time.

i can commiserate with that...i've only been playing a short time but growing up in japan and the 565's being my "first" irons that i took to, it's hard to see myself not sticking with srixon. the 7's are so good...

i can commiserate with that...i've only been playing a short time but growing up in japan and the 565's being my "first" irons that i took to, it's hard to see myself not sticking with srixon. the 7's are so good...

That’s a hell of a first set. Tough for others to compare when it comes to looks and feel.

That’s a hell of a first set. Tough for others to compare when it comes to looks and feel.

well, global golf canceled my order since they couldn't verify my gift card so it looks like MkII's are in play still...maybe it's just meant to be...again. i would really like to see if there'a another iron that could get me to that level of adoration/trust/loyalty i have for srixon. wilson came close with the D9 Forged but in the end, srixon does what it does and i just can't seem to quite find that with another iron...yet?

What is the biggest difference between the 7 and 5. Looks like they both have the same top line. Different offset and blade length?

What is the biggest difference between the 7 and 5. Looks like they both have the same top line. Different offset and blade length?

if i recall correctly, the top line thickness is the same on the original 5's and 7's....more offset, length and a tad stronger lofts in the 5's.

if i recall correctly, the top line thickness is the same on the original 5's and 7's....more offset, length and a tad stronger lofts in the 5's.
Thanks. I think the 5 may have a thicker sole as well. But if they look the same at address then dang I should go with the 5

Thanks. I think the 5 may have a thicker sole as well. But if they look the same at address then dang I should go with the 5

that's where i will go...i would imagine i could probably still combo the ZX5 MkII's with my 7's still...

Tried the range, and they are really nice. Just for those who are coming from the current ZX5, maybe you may want to take a look at the ZX4 MK2 before ordering. Looks like the ZX4 MK2 are the exact same sole width wise as the ZX5 current model. Only difference being the blade length being longer. Currently using the ZX5, but will probably give the ZX4 MK2 a whirl instead of just going to the ZX5 MK2. The feel is different, feels a bit like the P790, a manufactured kind of softness but really feels like its got a lot of pop.
Summary:
ZX4 MK2 = same size and sole width as current ZX5 but longer blade length. Also looks like it has less offset
ZX5 MK2 = looks slightly smaller than the current ZX5 and still feels great, but seems a little bit less forgiving than the current model
ZX7 MK2 - did not hit this much, but a buddy did, he is coming from the current ZX7, says it is a touch less forgiving, but feel is more solid now

Does not seem like the ZX MK2 series are a direct replacement, would seem they have made them a little bit more for feel and for workability than forgiveness, just a little bit

Tried the range, and they are really nice. Just for those who are coming from the current ZX5, maybe you may want to take a look at the ZX4 MK2 before ordering. Looks like the ZX4 MK2 are the exact same sole width wise as the ZX5 current model. Only difference being the blade length being longer. Currently using the ZX5, but will probably give the ZX4 MK2 a whirl instead of just going to the ZX5 MK2. The feel is different, feels a bit like the P790, a manufactured kind of softness but really feels like its got a lot of pop.
Summary:
ZX4 MK2 = same size and sole width as current ZX5 but longer blade length. Also looks like it has less offset
ZX5 MK2 = looks slightly smaller than the current ZX5 and still feels great, but seems a little bit less forgiving than the current model
ZX7 MK2 - did not hit this much, but a buddy did, he is coming from the current ZX7, says it is a touch less forgiving, but feel is more solid now

Does not seem like the ZX MK2 series are a direct replacement, would seem they have made them a little bit more for feel and for workability than forgiveness, just a little bit
Coming from ZX5s was considering the XXIO X Irons for more forgiveness since I'm playing less. But now may do a mix set of MKll in 4's in 5/6/7 and 5's in 8/9/P/A. Thank you for this feedback!

Srixon socials said the driver was to be released tomorrow. What about these?

I've had time to digest* now what I was hoping wasn't on the CBs too, but is. And I've come to the conclusion that I hate MK II. I'm sure I will love the irons. They're Srixon, they'll be great, but be prepared for me kind of throw up every time I say or type MK II.

And how are we saying it? 5 MK II? MK II 7? New ZX7s. No, the new new. MK II.? ZX '23 MK II? ...

🤢🤮
5-II and 7-II. Uh oh, 7-11 isn't a good idea. LOL

Back