2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

Tried the range, and they are really nice. Just for those who are coming from the current ZX5, maybe you may want to take a look at the ZX4 MK2 before ordering. Looks like the ZX4 MK2 are the exact same sole width wise as the ZX5 current model. Only difference being the blade length being longer. Currently using the ZX5, but will probably give the ZX4 MK2 a whirl instead of just going to the ZX5 MK2. The feel is different, feels a bit like the P790, a manufactured kind of softness but really feels like its got a lot of pop.
Summary:
ZX4 MK2 = same size and sole width as current ZX5 but longer blade length. Also looks like it has less offset
ZX5 MK2 = looks slightly smaller than the current ZX5 and still feels great, but seems a little bit less forgiving than the current model
ZX7 MK2 - did not hit this much, but a buddy did, he is coming from the current ZX7, says it is a touch less forgiving, but feel is more solid now

Does not seem like the ZX MK2 series are a direct replacement, would seem they have made them a little bit more for feel and for workability than forgiveness, just a little bit
Thanks for this!

Tried the range, and they are really nice. Just for those who are coming from the current ZX5, maybe you may want to take a look at the ZX4 MK2 before ordering. Looks like the ZX4 MK2 are the exact same sole width wise as the ZX5 current model. Only difference being the blade length being longer. Currently using the ZX5, but will probably give the ZX4 MK2 a whirl instead of just going to the ZX5 MK2. The feel is different, feels a bit like the P790, a manufactured kind of softness but really feels like its got a lot of pop.
Summary:
ZX4 MK2 = same size and sole width as current ZX5 but longer blade length. Also looks like it has less offset
ZX5 MK2 = looks slightly smaller than the current ZX5 and still feels great, but seems a little bit less forgiving than the current model
ZX7 MK2 - did not hit this much, but a buddy did, he is coming from the current ZX7, says it is a touch less forgiving, but feel is more solid now

Does not seem like the ZX MK2 series are a direct replacement, would seem they have made them a little bit more for feel and for workability than forgiveness, just a little bit
That's really good to know 👊🏻

So likely it will be a staggered release I’ll pay less attention to
I do believe they tend to stagger releases but I’d bet the irons are announced before the end of January. I don’t recall them dragging out their prior releases but I’ve really only followed along for one cycle

So likely it will be a staggered release I’ll pay less attention to
I mean it's already been staggered a bit, but it's January now and the woods are some of the first things to go live. I wouldn't worry about waiting too long.

I do believe they tend to stagger releases but I’d bet the irons are announced before the end of January. I don’t recall them dragging out their prior releases but I’ve really only followed along for one cycle
I wouldn’t over look it on purpose. Just don’t like the delays. Mizuno delayed preorders on Forged and Tours but the info was readily available.

I mean it's already been staggered a bit, but it's January now and the woods are some of the first things to go live. I wouldn't worry about waiting too long.
I don’t want “Pinged” 😂

That's cheating :LOL:
Lol I think they want you to know. They want you to want them. And it's why last time I got mine from Australia months before they came here.

Current ZX5 on the left. New ZX4 mk2 on the right. Both are 6 irons. Notice the inspection port on the ZX4

Attachments

• 20230104_131359.jpg
    20230104_131359.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 55
I need to see these in person soon. Mentally I’ve made a decision on my irons and don’t want to leave something out.

Following..... Currently play ZX5's. Based upon the descriptions, the ZX5 MKII could be of interest. Would need to compare them head to head.

Following..... Currently play ZX5's. Based upon the descriptions, the ZX5 MKII could be of interest. Would need to compare them head to head.
I just got my ZX5's late last year so I'm gonna stay with them another season. I will try and get out to hit the new ones though just to compare.

The new ZX4 irons look so sweet. To my eye, one of the best looking GI irons…. Interested to see what changed tech wise and how they compare to the originals…

I just got my ZX5's late last year so I'm gonna stay with them another season. I will try and get out to hit the new ones though just to compare.
I got mine in early 2021. Two seasons with them. Still love them. So, the MKII would have to offer something significantly better to make a switch. Maybe a THP Srixon Grand Daddy! ;)

Come to papa.

I could totally see myself gaming a set of ZX5s with a 4 and 5 in the ZX4s

When will these drop???? I must preorder soon.

Back