Anyone compared the R11 FW to the Cleveland FL FW ?

PAR_6

Senior Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.0
I have hit the R11 4 wood and I am curious about the Cleveland FL 4 wood. How does the launch angle compare between the two ?

I cannot help with the 4 wood. I have compared them head to head in the 3 wood though.
Launch angle is similar. R11 was slightly higher ball flight for me.
I found the Cleveland was longer. I also found it was easier to hit off the deck and the shaft felt better too.

I've played both and the Cleveland lauches very high for me whereas the R11 is flatter and piercing. The Cleveland head is deeper while the R11 is more shallow. From the fairway I find the R11 easier to hit and control as I've struggled with larger FW heads from the deck. Both are nice sticks, I just happen to prefer a shallower head and flatter trajectory.

I have tried both 3w when I was buying my R11 this week.

I hit both clubs on the range before making my decision and was able to hit both from a tee and the deck. Both clubs performed well but for me the R11 just sounded and looked better. I also felt that I had more control of my shots when using it.

The Cleveland was very nice though just not suited to me as much as the R11 was.

If I hadn't read the article last week about the testing then I doubt that I would even have tried the Cleveland

Last edited:
I've played both and the Cleveland lauches very high for me whereas the R11 is flatter and piercing. The Cleveland head is deeper while the R11 is more shallow. From the fairway I find the R11 easier to hit and control as I've struggled with larger FW heads from the deck. Both are nice sticks, I just happen to prefer a shallower head and flatter trajectory.

You found the Cleveland deeper? I'm holding both here and it is really close. I mean virtually the same to me.

I'm sure the ball flight had to do with shaft I am thinking for both of us to see such differing things. Had to considering where the lofts are.

You found the Cleveland deeper? I'm holding both here and it is really close. I mean virtually the same to me.

I'm sure the ball flight had to do with shaft I am thinking for both of us to see such differing things. Had to considering where the lofts are.

You know now that I see the pic's you raise a good point. I'm thinking in retrospect the head shape threw me with the Cleveland. The 11, and maybe it's the white, hides its size quite well. No doubt about the Cleveland shaft, it gets up high, real quick, which is not something I need any help with right now.

Back