Shot Scope V3 is Here!

I've still not gotten mine to work.

I had to move away from Shot Scope as well because the watch continued to not find the course within 1km. Sad because I loved the stats and ease of use

I was doing auto putt this past season selecting 1/2/3 etc. I want to add the putter tag on there but using the SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 - is my safest option tape or try supergluing ?

I was doing auto putt this past season selecting 1/2/3 etc. I want to add the putter tag on there but using the SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 - is my safest option tape or try supergluing ?

I've been seeing a lot of people say that double sided tape works well. Then they throw some electrical tape on just to be sure.

i've used tracking only my last few rounds and have found i like it better...no idea why. i feel like i am not chasing a number, i guess...

I've been seeing a lot of people say that double sided tape works well. Then they throw some electrical tape on just to be sure.
I use glue dots instead of double-sided tape. I think they are basically rubber cement, Then I crisscross with electrical tape.

That said, I've gone to manual mode, and it took a long time for me to remember to mark every putt I took, but now it has become 2nd nature.

How do you put these sensors in if your clubs have counterbalance weights. Drill hole? Cut stem and glue?

How do you put these sensors in if your clubs have counterbalance weights. Drill hole? Cut stem and glue?

Cut stem and glue or use double sided tape.

Moving over to Shotscope V3 from Arccos.
The watch will be nice upgrade over having to check phone for yardages.
No Subscription fee was a huge catalyst for the move with Arccos going up to $150 a year.

Any deals on watch bands? thinking I may need to add some pizzazz to my neutral gray!

Cut stem and glue or use double sided tape.
Back when I attached a game golf tag to my putter I cut the stem off and used silicon to adhere it. That way it had a little give to it and was easily removed if needed with a utility knife. The remaining silicon was easily scraped off too with a knife.

Any deals on watch bands? thinking I may need to add some pizzazz to my neutral gray!

They are all $39.99 and out of stock. I've never seen anyone else selling bands for them but that would be cool.

New V3 owner. Curious about the tags and how well they remain secured in the grip ends and how well they wear going in and out of the bottom of a golf bag?

Other than my original putter tag snapping off due to it being a back weighted putter, I've been using my tags since July 2020 and have over 300 rounds with them. No others have ever come loose. Now, I have experienced wear to the point where the two that exhibited it no longer got recognized. Personally, since then, I have purchased self-stick felt furniture pads (15 mm) to put on each tag to prevent wear going forward. They are practically weighless, very small, and do a great job protecting the tag without interfering at all with recognition by the watch. The one downside is that you can no longer see the etching on the tag that identifies which one it is, but you can always use the "TAGS" function in settings for that.

Other than my original putter tag snapping off due to it being a back weighted putter, I've been using my tags since July 2020 and have over 300 rounds with them. No others have ever come loose. Now, I have experienced wear to the point where the two that exhibited it no longer got recognized. Personally, since then, I have purchased self-stick felt furniture pads (15 mm) to put on each tag to prevent wear going forward. They are practically weighless, very small, and do a great job protecting the tag without interfering at all with recognition by the watch. The one downside is that you can no longer see the etching on the tag that identifies which one it is, but you can always use the "TAGS" function in settings for that.

Interesting idea. Thanks for the thoughts Phil.

New V3 owner. Curious about the tags and how well they remain secured in the grip ends and how well they wear going in and out of the bottom of a golf bag?
Depends on the grip. I have used the tags with Lamkin and Golf Pride grips (several models) with no issues.

The only grip that I ever had problems with Tags were Pure grips. For some reason they came right out of those grips and would get lost on the course or down in my bag.

The tags will get marked up for sure as you take the clubs in and out of the bag, but its never messed with the performance of them. I have also got mine wet when cleaning clubs and its never been an issue.

The only grip that I ever had problems with Tags were Pure grips. For some reason they came right out of those grips and would get lost on the course or down in my bag.
I saw the same with Pure. Their drain hole or whatever it is might be slightly larger than others. A couple wraps of tape could probably fix it but since we had one Pure grip that needed to be changed out it made more sense to just change the grip out earlier.

Same as @Phil75070

Depends on the grip. I have used the tags with Lamkin and Golf Pride grips (several models) with no issues.

The tags will get marked up for sure as you take the clubs in and out of the bag, but its never messed with the performance of them. I have also got mine wet when cleaning clubs and its never been an issue.

I saw the same with Pure. Their drain hole or whatever it is might be slightly larger than others. A couple wraps of tape could probably fix it but since we had one Pure grip that needed to be changed out it made more sense to just change the grip out earlier.

Same, Pure grips I knew if I hit a fat shot because the tag would pop out like a turkey timer. The Lamkins I have now don't have a problem.

To add some info, I have two sets of irons, both using Golf Pride grips. One set uses the ZGRIP Plus2 which has a perfectly flat end cap. The other set uses the CP2 Pro grip, which has a rounded end cap. I've used the two sets pretty equally, and no tags have come loose from either set. The tags don't sit perfectly flat with the rounded end cap, but apparently it has not been enough to cause any to come loose or snap off.

Played my first round this morning with the V3. The watch is very simple to use, only missed like 2 shots (both fatted so not sure if not having a good hit caused the misses). Editing the round after was simple. Can’t wait to get more rounds in to get more useable data!

I was thinking about my round today and wanted to note one area. I hit an absolutely horrendous drive on one hole ending up near another holes tee ground. When I got to the green the V3 didn’t recognize I was on the green. I didn’t realize until I was trying to mark the pin. Unlocked the V3, arrows the V3 over to the correct hole and it recognized I was on the green. Quickly pin marked but worried that my previous shots wouldn’t show up correctly. When I went to edit the round there was apparently no need to worry as all my shots showed just fine except the couple fat shots already noted.

Played my first round this morning with the V3. The watch is very simple to use, only missed like 2 shots (both fatted so not sure if not having a good hit caused the misses). Editing the round after was simple. Can’t wait to get more rounds in to get more useable data!

When you fatted the shots, did they still go a reasonable distance? Usually missing shots like that is because they only went 5 yards or so.

Back