2023 Odyssey Versa Putters

Great write-up @Jman! Very informative as always!

Very interesting and competitive price proving at $259.
These should do very well at retail

And in your putter collection!

When I see these I immediately think

I have an original Versa from 2013. I felt it did help greatly with alignment, but maybe the head shape didn't fit me or my stroke type didn't match because I found I was pulling my putts more than other putters (found out later after I had joined THP and got a SeeMore)

And the price of White Hot OG are being lowered despite staying in line, and getting a bit of a facelift still. Power moves by Odyssey.

Great Write-Up @Jman - As someone who is normally a 7 guy or a 10 guy in the Odyssey line - That #12 is speaking to me.

The price point is better than I expected too!

Looks wise, I’m not a fan. But, I can completely see and understand how this could really help alignment. I can get past the visual aspects if it allows me to make more putts and lower my scores.

I'm normally a double bend guy, and went with the Three T with the slant at ECPC. I didn't see it with a DB shaft there.
Only reason I ask is Nick told me in my fitting I can play any neck as long as it wasn’t a slant neck in my fitting.

Looks wise, I’m not a fan. But, I can completely see and understand how this could really help alignment. I can get past the visual aspects if it allows me to make more putts and lower my scores.

part of bringing this back, was Phil Kenyon really pushing for it because of how well it works. That’s saying a lot.

Wow. They’d did a great job with the coloring on these. Extremely sharp lines. I love that Versa 7, may end up ordering that when released.

“67% more effective” I like that little tidbit

The original versa predates my golf life. The visual, at least from pics so far, looks fantastic. This alignment style resonates with me. 😍

I wasn’t hot on the white hot insert from last year. I like a milled sound/feel and felt like the correlation between sound and roll was off for me with WH. If versa can help my not so good eyes see a better line, that’s an adjustment I can work through.

Very strong ponder. Any chance for an armlock version? :D

Oh so Rickie's wasn't a mutilated training aid. 🤐
And I thought he had a different insert.

I was hoping for some more tech in these if they were bringing back this design. I am sure some WH insert players will like it, but it's a hard pass for me. I could maybe make the 3T work based on shape, but the neck option is a non starter with me.

I was hoping for some more tech in these if they were bringing back this design. I am sure some WH insert players will like it, but it's a hard pass for me. I could maybe make the 3T work based on shape, but the neck option is a non starter with me.
the shapes or the insert making it a hard pass?

Great Write-Up @Jman - As someone who is normally a 7 guy or a 10 guy in the Odyssey line - That #12 is speaking to me.

The price point is better than I expected too!
I liked their terminology of a “filled in seven”

His would be one of the 1100 previous Versas in play on Tour that I mentioned in the article.

Better finish this time (by a million percent), better weighting, the greatest insert ever made (literally), and one hell of a price point is pretty solid.

Never thought I would use a center shafted putter, but here I am. Fit into it at ECPC by Nick (Thank you Nick). Was trying out all the different putters in the studio and for some reason I grabbed this center shaft and it just clicked. I kept trying others and then going back to this exact putter. It was really good when playing at Hideaway and no it is back in hand. Rolling great indoors and will get on course play this weekend. I really like this putter - a lot.

View attachment 9152880View attachment 9152881View attachment 9152882View attachment 9152883
I got fit for this same putter. Going center shaft is interesting and we will see how it goes. I do really like this shape.

7s looks really nice to my eye

part of bringing this back, was Phil Kenyon really pushing for it because of how well it works. That’s saying a lot.
I also like that they acknowledge it isn’t for everyone, but for those who can get used to the look, it’s drastically effective.

I wonder how the 12 will sit at address? The shape is pretty intoxicating.

Back