Possible driver shaft change

Joshzilla

Secret Agent
Reaction score
Handicap
I am seeing too many left and right misses with my Kai'Li driver. I am seeing alot of reports of that after doing some web searching. I think I am going to make the change to a UST Mamiya Proforce V2 65g shaft. It should give me a nice medium ballflight and has much lower torque than my current shaft. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find anywhere that has this available to his on a monitor. It's not a huge investment, and I think it will be a change for the better. Wish me luck!

Luck!!!

So I was all set to change shafts yesterday and a guy at the shop I went to told me that the adaptor sleeve of my D3 would make any shaft I bought feel stiffer and that the Proforce V2 would not feel good in it. Now I thought the bore-through style made the shaft feel stiffer, not this. So confused. Anybody have experience?

I have the ProForce V2 shaft in my 3w after it was in an old driver of mine and it's pretty stiff already so that would prob feel like a XS shaft

So I was all set to change shafts yesterday and a guy at the shop I went to told me that the adaptor sleeve of my D3 would make any shaft I bought feel stiffer and that the Proforce V2 would not feel good in it. Now I thought the bore-through style made the shaft feel stiffer, not this. So confused. Anybody have experience?

So I am still on the hunt. I played yesterday and was KILLING with my D3 in regard to distance (ranging from 270 to even a 305 yard drive)...but dispersion left something to be desired. Considering switching to the Attas or PX5.5. Oh temptation!

Is the Kai'li the Titleist one or the Diamana one? I only ask as to improve dispertion you generally want a stiffer tip and the two have very different tip stiffness.

Is the Kai'li the Titleist one or the Diamana one? I only ask as to improve dispertion you generally want a stiffer tip and the two have very different tip stiffness.

I've got the Titleist one. I get pretty good distance most of the time, but I just don't...well...trust it I guess. It has a 4.2 torque ratio which seems pretty high to me. When I tried the Attas in a hybrid I 150% fell in love with it, but just don't know that I will get the same results in a driver. If I did, I would make the switch in a heartbeat.

The torque rating is an overused number for most amateurs. Based on how it is measured and the lack of industry standard, you should worry about launch numbers more than the torque numbers in a shaft.

Oh I agree 100%, JB. But if there isn't anywhere to try the particular shaft you have your eye on, it gets pretty frustrating!

Basically, I'm predicting driver shaft performance based on the performance of the hybrid model.

Ok guys, well my Proforce 66g stiff shaft (which was what I was recently re-fitted for) arrived today. Unfortunately the weather is @#$% today so I couldn't test it out, but swinging at home felt great. Plus I can actually feel the clubhead again! I have 36 holes planned this weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to what happens with this shaft. Good luck man

Back