2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

Thanks! I wonder if I mix up a set of Zx5's and Zx4's...should I bend the lofts of the Zx4's to match the Zx5's? I dont want the 4's to go exponentially longer than the 5's.
I am debating adding a 5 iron in either ZX5 mkII or ZX4 mkII to go with my ZX5 6-AW.

I am debating adding a 5 iron in either ZX5 mkII or ZX4 mkII to go with my ZX5 6-AW.
Go with 6-5 ZX or 5-4 ZX. If they're anything like the U85s I have, you will love them

I went just the 5 in ZX4 and 6-G in ZX5. Bent the 5 weak as they’re rockets when I was tinkering and deciding my setup.

I’m still waiting on the ZX4s to come in so I can check them out.

How much weaker did you bend the ZX4 5 iron?
Did 1 degree at the moment might go more once I’ve played with it more. It’s a more powerful club and I lose speed right around this point in the bag so I added this into the factor too as well so if you’re comfortable with the 5i I wouldn’t hesitate with 2 degrees but if it’s your longest tentatively hit club I’d just go 1 degree to make up for any typically missing yardage to begin with.

Did 1 degree at the moment might go more once I’ve played with it more. It’s a more powerful club and I lose speed right around this point in the bag so I added this into the factor too as well so if you’re comfortable with the 5i I wouldn’t hesitate with 2 degrees but if it’s your longest tentatively hit club I’d just go 1 degree to make up for any typically missing yardage to begin with.
Ah! That is a great point! Hows the feel between the Zx4 and Zx5? Are they very different?

They’re different no doubt but for the style the 4’s are they feel really good and are packaged so beautifully in their looks. I wouldn’t hesitate playing the 4’s higher in the bag but they’re up against the 5’s which are so good.

ZX7s incoming! Have the best feel of the current release (tied with Cobra CBs) imo. Going in pretty blind as the only club I have seen is the 7-iron, so hopefully I like the look of the entire set. Excited to get them out on a course!

PS - Is this thread still being used or has everything jumped to the 2023 XP thread?

Back