Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 291 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.2%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
I want to walk and push but the local courses just don't allow it. People are afraid "you'll play slow" as they look for their ball from their cart
I can keep up with twosomes walking. Never have to wait for a shot. Following threesomes, have to occasionally have to wait on shots. Following foursomes usually have to wait on my shots.🤷‍♂️ I don't see a problem;)

The Tour Kit for my Clicgear 3.5 was delivered this afternoon and it's already installed. Ignore the online reviews complaining about how hard it is to install - if you have even the slightest bit of mechanical ability with basic hand tools, it's very simple and the only tools required are a Phillips screwdriver, a hammer and some kind of drift punch (a screwdriver or socket extension works fine), and a Sharpie pen. The instructions are printed on the box and while they're a bit sparse, it's not hard to figure it out once you look at your cart. The guys complaining about how hard and complicated it is probably also have difficulty changing batteries in their TV remote. :LOL:

With the stock Clicgear configuration the bottom clubs in my bag laid almost right against the console, I had to push them away to open it and could only open the door about 3 inches. It also interfered with my access to the storage net. With the Tour Kit I have 6 inches of clearance between the clubs and the console, can fully open it with no interference, and have much easier access to the storage net as well. The bag sits a lot more upright on the cart and clubs are easier to get in and out. The cart still folds the same as it did before, the only small downside is that the cart isn't quite as compact when it's folded up because the extended upper saddle sticks out a few more inches, but it's a tradeoff I'll gladly accept. For $28, it's a very worthwhile mod to make.

It was discussed in previous posts, but this problem was fixed in the 4.0 version of the Clicgear pushcart, which has an adjustable upper saddle. This kit is only for the Clicgear 1.0 - 3.5 models.

Loved the Tour Bag attachment kit when I had my clicgear! Huge difference making that bag more upright!

Depends on the day, and the course. I enjoy walking nine, and have an ancient BagBoy pull cart that I use. Walking 18 makes my joints cranky, but I've done it. A really hilly course I won't even attempt.

Walked the first 9 of the season here in IL. Yesterday was almost 60, tomorrow we are getting 6-10" of snow and then back to 55 by Monday, gotta love the midwest weather!

I can keep up with twosomes walking. Never have to wait for a shot. Following threesomes, have to occasionally have to wait on shots. Following foursomes usually have to wait on my shots.🤷‍♂️ I don't see a problem;)
It’s convincing courses around here this.

Walked my first 18 yesterday with the new Quad XL. Kept up fine with my buddy riding, and we joined up with another twosome in a cart at the turn who I kept up with as well. Shot the same score as I did 3 days ago riding.
Sore as hell today in the calves and thighs, but that's a good thing......kind of the point, actually.
Also got to play for free, since no charge for walking on my membership. First time in my life that's happened (legally).

Yesterday I decided to ride in a cart vs walking and surprisingly realized that I actually prefer walking now. I never would have thought that day would come.
I 100% prefer walking now, actually really enjoy it! I rode on Saturday because we were playing in a scramble tournament, and I discovered that my hips tighten up a lot more from sitting in the cart than they do when I'm walking. I was happy to get back to my push cart for today's round.

Cart arrived Friday and got an email from a local course saying they'd be open Sunday because the forecast called for 60 and sunny. So I booked at my other course instead for Sunday...then saw Saturday wasn't going to be half bad either so I booked a 9 at one of my niner courses. New cart works greats, while heavier, its way easier to maneuver for whatever reason, The hand break is a thousand times better than the old foot break. Only problem with is is, still haven't gotten the routine down for closing it, but that will come. Thats the one thing the old bag boy had over the new clic gear, was easier to open and close.

Attachments

• 222EB377-9F6D-4BAF-9D38-53918D7F82E6.jpeg
    222EB377-9F6D-4BAF-9D38-53918D7F82E6.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DCCC7434-26DB-47B7-8184-8E5BBE6643D1.jpeg
    DCCC7434-26DB-47B7-8184-8E5BBE6643D1.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 17
Cart arrived Friday and got an email from a local course saying they'd be open Sunday because the forecast called for 60 and sunny. So I booked at my other course instead for Sunday...then saw Saturday wasn't going to be half bad either so I booked a 9 at one of my niner courses. New cart works greats, while heavier, its way easier to maneuver for whatever reason, The hand break is a thousand times better than the old foot break. Only problem with is is, still haven't gotten the routine down for closing it, but that will come. Thats the one thing the old bag boy had over the new clic gear, was easier to open and close.
Here's a video that demonstrates folding the cart - once you get the routine down it becomes quick and easy!

I'm looking forward to getting in on the walking again this year. I didn't walk in the spring last year (didn't have the cart yet) I wonder if the fairways will be to soggy after a MN winter for the first month or two until they firm up.

Annoyed with my Sun mountain, so replacing it. My sure if I want to go Nitron or Quad XL though?

Annoyed with my Sun mountain, so replacing it. My sure if I want to go Nitron or Quad XL though?

Nitron! It opens and closes stupidly fast and has a small compact size

I setup and close my clicgear 4.0 in under 20 seconds... but the first few times it was a bit of a struggle. Once you remember the order of operations, it really is super simple. I love that it feels like a tank, but rolls so easy.

Nitron! It opens and closes stupidly fast and has a small compact size

Does the quad open and close that much slower though? I feel like top lok is the biggest time saver for me vs having to mess with straps. Have had a 4 wheeler for a while, and like the stability. A little bit cheaper too. Decisions decisions...

Does the quad open and close that much slower though? I feel like top lok is the biggest time saver for me vs having to mess with straps. Have had a 4 wheeler for a while, and like the stability. A little bit cheaper too. Decisions decisions...

Probably not much slower - Nitron can almost be a 1 hand operation though. Top Lok exists on both FYI. Both have the brake lever at the top and the Nitron is excellent with stability. FWIW I would choose the cheaper option.

Probably not much slower - Nitron can almost be a 1 hand operation though. Top Lok exists on both FYI. Both have the brake lever at the top and the Nitron is excellent with stability. FWIW I would choose the cheaper option.
That's what I'm thinking. Seems like the decision is 3 wheels and auto open vs 4 wheels and slightly cheaper is the decision. Everything else seems the same?

Quad can be opened in under 20 seconds as well, and I prefer 4 wheels over 3, but its ultimately a personal decision.

If adding a Alphard Club Booster V2 is a future possibility, I highly recommend a 3 wheel cart with front pivot. I used it with a Clicgear v3 for 2 years, with the swivel conversion kit, and that worked fine. But this year I replaced the Clicgear (it was over 11 years old) with a Rovic RV1S, and the combination is SOOOO much better!

What do you like about it better? I ordered the swivel kit last week but it hasn’t shipped yet.

The free swiveling front wheel allows far greater maneuverability. It can pretty much spin in place. Also it allows straight backing up.

The swivel kit allows the front wheels to turn about 45 degrees, so the turns are pretty wide. And having two wheels drag when you need a tight turns makes those turns slower and the unit has to work harder. When backing up, the swivel kit wheels turn to one side or the other, so it turns as it backs up

Finally, the single swiveling wheel results in a significantly smaller folded size, and its lighter too.

The swivel kit is a great option, but a freely swiveling front wheel works much better with the Booster.

Makes a lot of sense. I thought about offloading my 3.5 for something newer with a swivel vs buying the swivel kit. I just don't like dealing with selling stuff And whatnot.

I am in a tournament on Sunday that is a shotgun start. Usually with just a push cart (Clicgear or Nitron) I can ride out to golf hole and get set up on the tee box. Super fast and easy and no wasted time. I am in the A group on Sunday on a par 3 that is probably the furthest away from the club house. I have the Alphard wheels now and the set up for that takes me more time because it just does. I can't walk out to the hole before the start as it would take me a good 10-15 min. Contemplating putting the old wheels back on the Nitron but will probably ride in this tournament. This is a course I usually walk and would only ride during the summer heat. :(

I think I might purchase a cheap push cart and push the issue with my local courses. If it catches on make the investment in a nicer one

Back