Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges

Just ordered a 54* and 58*. I’m really looking forward to these.

I ordered a 54 and looking forward to trying it out. I wanted to try it out before considering a 58 also.

I ordered a 54 and looking forward to trying it out. I wanted to try it out before considering a 58 also.

Tried for the first time today in league. Overall first impressions are good. I would say more forgiveness without sacrificing spin. I like how it feels and sounds, and the larger head size does inspire more confidence.

Edit: Also wanted to add that I hit 2 great greenside bunker shots with it and nearly holed one and put the other within 6 feet.

Last edited:
My 58 & 54 are being delivered today. Looking forward to the change.

Ok. These are awesome. So easy to hit and fit my game perfectly.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my CBX2 has a Recoil 95 shaft which actually makes the club feel heavier than I'd prefer. The Catalyst 80 "Spinner" shaft (stock graphite on CBX Zipcores) weight-wise would be a better fit; how do those of you who game it on your CBX Zipcores feel about its stiffness?

I did some internet research and the only thing I found is the standard Catalyst 80 which is stiff flex. The "Spinner" version appears to be proprietary to Cleveland and I'm wondering if it is simply a soft stepped Catalyst 80?

I am really liking the 54 and 58. These wedges are special.

Finally have been able to get plenty of rounds in with these and looooooove them on full swings. Feel much more confident inside of 100 yards than I was previously.

Ok I tried searching this thread but no luck. I’m considering replacing my set matches T300 GW with the 48 CBX ZipCore. I have 54 and 58 ZipCore that I really like. Anyone playing the CBX 48?

I think this is the right thread for these. Will be playing 46/50 degree CBX Zipcore, both with the Modus Wedge 105 shaft. Again, what a beautiful looking face.

I picked these for a few reasons:

1) Lofts - the full face wedges don't go quite as low as these. I know some folks don't mind larger gaps in their scoring clubs, but I have used 4 degree gaps for as long as I can remember, and I didn't see any good reason to change that. It's how I control distance and it's been one of the better parts of my game for a long time.

2) Forgiveness - moving to blade wedge just didn't make sense in clubs I'd also be swinging full a decent amount. With the sole and the cavity (that is actually bigger than it looks imo), these should be about as forgiving as you can make a non-set wedge.

3) The sole - as you can, it's VERY similar to the VT sole on the ZX MkII irons. It'll offer a lot of forgiveness and work through the turf well.

4) @Canadan slayed with them.

IMG_5299.jpgIMG_5300.jpgIMG_5301.jpgIMG_5302.jpgIMG_5303.jpgIMG_5305.jpg

Enjoy! I played them with my Srixon irons for awhile. They blend perfectly in so many ways, especially with the V-Sole.

Enjoy! I played them with my Srixon irons for awhile. They blend perfectly in so many ways, especially with the V-Sole.

I'm really glad to hear that. I'm hoping for as seamless a transition as possible.

I think this is the right thread for these. Will be playing 46/50 degree CBX Zipcore, both with the Modus Wedge 105 shaft. Again, what a beautiful looking face.

I picked these for a few reasons:

1) Lofts - the full face wedges don't go quite as low as these. I know some folks don't mind larger gaps in their scoring clubs, but I have used 4 degree gaps for as long as I can remember, and I didn't see any good reason to change that. It's how I control distance and it's been one of the better parts of my game for a long time.

2) Forgiveness - moving to blade wedge just didn't make sense in clubs I'd also be swinging full a decent amount. With the sole and the cavity (that is actually bigger than it looks imo), these should be about as forgiving as you can make a non-set wedge.

3) The sole - as you can, it's VERY similar to the VT sole on the ZX MkII irons. It'll offer a lot of forgiveness and work through the turf well.

4) @Canadan slayed with them.

View attachment 9166178View attachment 9166179View attachment 9166180View attachment 9166181View attachment 9166182View attachment 9166183
How much do you expect to chip with them? Any concerns with the large sole for that?

How much do you expect to chip with them? Any concerns with the large sole for that?

Honestly, I probably won't use them that way very much at all. I really lean on the 58'ish loft for greenside stuff. The 50 now and then for bump and runs, but that's actually a good sole for me and those shots. I like to utilize the bounce in those situations to avoid stubbing the leading edge. Just let the sole glide on top the grass and do its thing.

Honestly, I probably won't use them that way very much at all. I really lean on the 58'ish loft for greenside stuff. The 50 now and then for bump and runs, but that's actually a good sole for me and those shots. I like to utilize the bounce in those situations to avoid stubbing the leading edge. Just let the sole glide on top the grass and do its thing.
Thanks. When I was eyeing wedges over winter these were on the list but in the 54 I need a little more sole versatility around the green and found the larger sole threw me. It would then be a decision of if the forgiveness of the pitch and full swings outweighed the chipping for me.

Thanks. When I was eyeing wedges over winter these were on the list but in the 54 I need a little more sole versatility around the green and found the larger sole threw me. It would then be a decision of if the forgiveness of the pitch and full swings outweighed the chipping for me.

I did end up going normal RTX 6 in the 54/58, but I use those differently. Both of those have heel/toe grinds on a mid-bounce sole. The hope is they offer the forgiveness more bounce offers with the versatility of the grind's relief. Best of both worlds, or maybe just a good compromise

For any of those that went both CBX Zipcore and RTX6, I'll be curious on your thoughts on feel/sound and performance. I have an RTX3 CB and an original Zipcore. I prefer the feel of the Zipcore by quite a bit, but the forgiveness and performance of the CB makes up for that short coming.

For any of those that went both CBX Zipcore and RTX6, I'll be curious on your thoughts on feel/sound and performance. I have an RTX3 CB and an original Zipcore. I prefer the feel of the Zipcore by quite a bit, but the forgiveness and performance of the CB makes up for that short coming.

Definitely curious myself. Three different clubs between PW and 54.

My wedges from :srixon: experience... CBX Full Face 2. Had them done w/ orange paint fill.

Wedge 1.jpgWedge 2.jpg

Just got home from hitting my new clubs @ indoor golf dome. I have to say that for me these wedges were my fav thing I hit today. I hit all the shots (full, half, chip, flop, etc) and everyone was how I wanted it. The distances were spot on and the huge, full face made me feel as if I can’t miss.

Hit my CBX wedges at the chipping green and range today. CBX Zipcore 48* and a CBX Full Face 2 52*.

I was carrying a set matched GW 50*, a 54* CBX, and a 58 CBX Full Face. I decided to try something different with wedges with my Srixon bag. I stopped the irons at PW and went with a CBX Zipcore 48*, CBX Full Face 2 52*, and RTX 6 Tour Rack 56*. The 52* actually looks bigger and more lofted than the RTX 6 at certain angles.

But the CBX wedges feel great. Slightly more clicky and a little less solid than the RTX, but still plenty of great feel. Ball comes off the face exactly like I thought it would from a Cleveland wedge.

Looking forward to getting them on the course and trying to get the ball close. And I love how they look.
Screenshot_20230321_161422_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230326_214542_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230321_161428_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230326_214553_Photos.jpg

Visually at address, the 46 degree CBX definitely fits right in with the ZX4 PW. Some slight differences in shaping, but I think the two flow together very nicely. I had a chance to hit some knockdown partial swings with both the 46 and 50 from +/- 100 yards and saw some great results.

Hit my CBX wedges at the chipping green and range today. CBX Zipcore 48* and a CBX Full Face 2 52*.

I was carrying a set matched GW 50*, a 54* CBX, and a 58 CBX Full Face. I decided to try something different with wedges with my Srixon bag. I stopped the irons at PW and went with a CBX Zipcore 48*, CBX Full Face 2 52*, and RTX 6 Tour Rack 56*. The 52* actually looks bigger and more lofted than the RTX 6 at certain angles.

But the CBX wedges feel great. Slightly more clicky and a little less solid than the RTX, but still plenty of great feel. Ball comes off the face exactly like I thought it would from a Cleveland wedge.

Looking forward to getting them on the course and trying to get the ball close. And I love how they look.
View attachment 9167410
View attachment 9167411
View attachment 9167409
View attachment 9167412
Can't wait to hear your comparisons!

I picked up a 44⁰ CBX Zipcore because I didn't like the lack of spin on my T300 set PW. Liked it so much I ended up going with all CBX Zips.

Back