I played with @Wildcat4life yesterday and got to see these in action. They are absolutely stunning! Naturally the club I wanted to try was the 3 iron… lol
I took one swing and absolutely flushed it. The feel and performance was fantastic and exactly what I would look for in an iron.

I played with @Wildcat4life yesterday and got to see these in action. They are absolutely stunning! Naturally the club I wanted to try was the 3 iron… lol
I took one swing and absolutely flushed it. The feel and performance was fantastic and exactly what I would look for in an iron.
It's a lot easier to hit than it looks. Quickly becoming my favorite iron.

So another week with these irons and they keep getting better and better. My big miss is decreasing and the round on Sunday wasn’t my best because I was hitting these absolutely straight. Kept missing right. This isn’t even close to the norm so will take some getting used to.

I still thin a shot once a round. Usually on a par 3. And although not beautiful they still go and were around the green to make par. You know immediately without having to look up at the shot.

Biggest surprise for me. Long irons. Absolutely love these things. When you flush these there’s not a better feeling in golf. The 3 iron is a better fairway finder and better weapon on par 5s than my UW was. I was afraid to hit it before the event but now it is so consistent for me. And not only for me but everyone that tries it has the same reaction. Much easier to hit than it looks. Absolutely heart warming.

Ive lost yardage. Based only on the number stamped on the iron. But my distance control has improved a lot. This is what I didn’t understand about a players iron. Well struck balls are so consistent. And while I was concerned about my ability to strike the ball consistently with these irons, it’s a non issue now. I look forward to it. I’ll have my misses but not even close to what I pictured in my head.

Anyone that wants to move to a graphite shaft please try the kinetixx ballistics. So solid. Between the shafts and iron, the feel is so good. After the round I just look forward to the next.

Everyone comments on the beauty of these irons but when they hit them it surprises everyone with the results. I think any 10 handicap could easily play a combo set up to the 6 iron. If that particular player was better at hitting irons than Hybrids or FWs there is no way they wouldn’t enjoy a full set of the pros.

I was always a better iron player than hybrids or fws and these seem to be a much better bag setup. Can’t wait for this year. Definitely not nervous about these irons anymore

So another week with these irons and they keep getting better and better. My big miss is decreasing and the round on Sunday wasn’t my best because I was hitting these absolutely straight. Kept missing right. This isn’t even close to the norm so will take some getting used to.

I still thin a shot once a round. Usually on a par 3. And although not beautiful they still go and were around the green to make par. You know immediately without having to look up at the shot.

Biggest surprise for me. Long irons. Absolutely love these things. When you flush these there’s not a better feeling in golf. The 3 iron is a better fairway finder and better weapon on par 5s than my UW was. I was afraid to hit it before the event but now it is so consistent for me. And not only for me but everyone that tries it has the same reaction. Much easier to hit than it looks. Absolutely heart warming.

Ive lost yardage. Based only on the number stamped on the iron. But my distance control has improved a lot. This is what I didn’t understand about a players iron. Well struck balls are so consistent. And while I was concerned about my ability to strike the ball consistently with these irons, it’s a non issue now. I look forward to it. I’ll have my misses but not even close to what I pictured in my head.

Anyone that wants to move to a graphite shaft please try the kinetixx ballistics. So solid. Between the shafts and iron, the feel is so good. After the round I just look forward to the next.

Everyone comments on the beauty of these irons but when they hit them it surprises everyone with the results. I think any 10 handicap could easily play a combo set up to the 6 iron. If that particular player was better at hitting irons than Hybrids or FWs there is no way they wouldn’t enjoy a full set of the pros.

I was always a better iron player than hybrids or fws and these seem to be a much better bag setup. Can’t wait for this year. Definitely not nervous about these irons anymore

A couple other thoughts

The trajectory control is so good. If I want a mid flight I can. High flight absolutely. I’m not great at a low trajectory and these irons won’t change that. The only stingers I’m getting is when it’s thin and still not that low.

Been playing on some firm greens lately. No problem stopping the ball.

If I could control the draw or trust that it won’t draw these irons will be a game changer. Unfortunately that’s always been the struggle. I had to learn that the SMS in the wedges cut down the draw and when I trust the irons these could be dangerous. Optimistic but that’s all golfers have.

IMG_5995.jpeg
Guess what came yesterday!! Haven't had a chance to hit them yet but these have to be the coolest looking shafts I've ever seen!! I put the heads next to my Miuras and they are pretty much the same size, if not slightly larger. Looking forward to hitting these bad boys!!

View attachment 9169393
Guess what came yesterday!! Haven't had a chance to hit them yet but these have to be the coolest looking shafts I've ever seen!! I put the heads next to my Miuras and they are pretty much the same size, if not slightly larger. Looking forward to hitting these bad boys!!
Congrats on the new sticks! Looking forward to hearing your feedback on these.

View attachment 9169393
I play the same shafts and absolutely love them! Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Got out for my first round yesterday since Briggs Ranch and I just can’t get over how awesome three things are. Still trying to figure out distance for each club, but I ended up clubbing up in most situations with the Pros due to the high winds and it worked out nicely.

We started at the range and I was striping the 7i, my uncle commented that it sounded like club was going through the turf really well and asked to try it. He took a few swings and is now questioning if he should pick up a full set with some heavier shafts. He plays TM 790s with 75g graphite shafts, but after playing my 120g shafts in the SMS Pros he wants to go back to a heavier shaft, likely in some new Edel irons. He spent most of the round asking questions about Edel and the clubs.

My iron shots were pretty great most of the round, especially off the tee with only a handful of bad shots. I love the turf interaction on the fairways here, but I had some trouble with the face opening in the thick rough. The PW is still my absolute favorite of the Pros, I found myself using that for a lot of shots I would normally use a gap wedge for by taking a smaller swing or choking down. I love the accuracy with it and it’s great for approach shots.

I can’t wait to get back out for another round with these. Seeing the interaction with actual grass is way better than the turf I’ve been hitting off of the last few weeks.

9DB1FA00-9B5B-4CF1-A356-4A19B55007CC.jpeg

These irons are COMPLETE. That is as high of praise as I can give.

Back