Burner 1.0 Question?

Brett_Ingle03

Reaction score
Handicap
I know this is a dumb question, and maybe I'm over reacting. But I have a brand new set that I just bought, and after one round these irons look pretty rough. I guess it's just the club finish and golf is all about hitting the ground, but It just makes me upset to look at how scuffed up they are after one round. Maybe I'm just being this way because this is my first set that I have bought brand new. But I was just wondering what other users' irons look like. Thanks.

Mind taking some pictures? I have these clubs and in my experience the only places I can relate to are on the toe. Its like over use the paint kinda has faded away but mine will be three years old this December with tons of rounds on them

Yea, My 1.0s scuffed up pretty quickly as well, the grooves are marred up and the toe has some scuffing (from mishits). Its not a major detractor, golf clubs are meant to take a beating...

Yea, My 1.0s scuffed up pretty quickly as well, the grooves are marred up and the toe has some scuffing (from mishits). Its not a major detractor, golf clubs are meant to take a beating...

You're right, but it just sucks to see how they look after one round. I guess I will just have to get over it. Thanks for letting me know

You're right, but it just sucks to see how they look after one round. I guess I will just have to get over it. Thanks for letting me know

I have told this story before here, but I bought my 1.0's not too long ago. Before I was able to even hit them once, my bag fell over in my driveway as I was loading them in to my car and scratched the finish right off the outside of my PW. It happens. As long as it doesnt effect the club performance it doesnt matter.

I have told this story before here, but I bought my 1.0's not too long ago. Before I was able to even hit them once, my bag fell over in my driveway as I was loading them in to my car and scratched the finish right off the outside of my PW. It happens. As long as it doesnt effect the club performance it doesnt matter.

I agree to some extent Dev, but you know its so frustrating to look at your brand new purchase and see those big scuffs, even if performance isnt affected. Thats why I mostly buy used.

I agree to some extent Dev, but you know its so frustrating to look at your brand new purchase and see those big scuffs, even if performance isnt affected. Thats why I mostly buy used.

Believe me I know, but its just something that happens over time and you will have to get over it.

Believe me I know, but its just something that happens over time and you will have to get over it.

Ya I agree, but the first time you see those big scuffs its so frustrating. Like one time I let my friend borrow my machspeed and he put a big sky mark on top of the driver.. you forget eventually, but it sucks at first.

Ya I agree, but the first time you see those big scuffs its so frustrating. Like one time I let my friend borrow my machspeed and he put a big sky mark on top of the driver.. you forget eventually, but it sucks at first.

Did you read my initial post? I scratched the finish right off my PW before even using it. It absolutely infuriated me, but in the end, it was bound to get dirty / dinged up anyway, so I couldnt be that mad.

Yea it's starting to go away, but after that first round that was all I could think about. On one of the holes I hit it into a rougher spot on the fairway, no rocks or sticks, just a rough dry spot. Hit it on the green with my nine iron, and I was happy about that, then I looked down and seen a decent size scuff mark on the face towards the toe. It made me so sick to look at, but it just happens, and maybe I will get over it soon.

Yea it's starting to go away, but after that first round that was all I could think about. On one of the holes I hit it into a rougher spot on the fairway, no rocks or sticks, just a rough dry spot. Hit it on the green with my nine iron, and I was happy about that, then I looked down and seen a decent size scuff mark on the face towards the toe. It made me so sick to look at, but it just happens, and maybe I will get over it soon.

You will get over it. I am still not over the big scratch on my PW but there isnt really anything I can do about it. It isnt really any worse than any other clubs I have had though.

Well I'm glad I got to scuff mine up on the golf course instead of doing it before I even went.

Well I'm glad I got to scuff mine up on the golf course instead of doing it before I even went.

See now thats being positive. They will be fine. Just keep the ball in the fairway..lol

my friend has these Irons and after 2 years they still look good,I thought the finish has held up well,way better than my x20's

I have a brand new set of Adams A7os clubs, and my woods/irons look like crap already. That chrome finish looks great in the store, but after a few rounds, yeah. I don't really mind it, honestly. People who see those clubs will think I've golfed far longer than I really have!

I have an old set of Adams idea irons and they look pretty good for 8 years use. I am ready for some new irons but I want to find a good fitting place.

I'm getting a lot of weird scuff marks on mine, I think its when they all bang into each other while I'm riding the cart. Have only used them twice on the course too. Too late for iron covers...

I'm getting a lot of weird scuff marks on mine, I think its when they all bang into each other while I'm riding the cart. Have only used them twice on the course too. Too late for iron covers...

Yea I had thought about buying some covers. I have a done a good job of keeping them in good shape off the course, but not the same for the course.

Sorry to go off topic, but how are you 1.0 users liking the clubs? Initially I thought they were great for me, now I'm having trouble with the mid-irons, especially the 7 iron and the 6 iron to a lesser extent. I love the 8-PW though. I'm sure its just something with my swing at the moment, but the 6 and 7 feel so clunky too me.

Sorry to go off topic, but how are you 1.0 users liking the clubs? Initially I thought they were great for me, now I'm having trouble with the mid-irons, especially the 7 iron and the 6 iron to a lesser extent. I love the 8-PW though. I'm sure its just something with my swing at the moment, but the 6 and 7 feel so clunky too me.

So far I really like them. I have not had much time to play since I bought them, but overall I really like them. I'm fairly new to golf and I was hitting Nike CPR2 irons with huge soles. I was kinda afraid to go to the thinner sole of the Burners, but I love it, and they are so much crisper off the ground. It will take a while to get use to, but so far I like them. I can hit the 7 iron fairly well, but the 6 through 4, is a whole other story. I'm trying so hard to learn how to hit them, but I just can't seem to do it. That's about all I practice with. I guess it will just take time to get use to.

Back