Waterproofing Your Golf Bag

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Another THP'er was selling a sweet golf bag today and I noticed in his post that he had waterproofed the bag. I must admit I had never thought about this and was wondering if this is something other THP'ers routinely do? I can certainly see the benefits, and have waterproofed shoes and other things. I cant believe this never crossed my mind.

SMG

I have never even considered it SMG.

I haven't either. I try not to golf when there is rain in the forecast.

I don't see how it would hurt to just spray it down once in a while I'm not sure how effective it will be but as long as it's not leather you should be good, unless you use a leather waterproofer.

I have a couple of older leather staff bags(circa 1971-1975) that I rub down with mink oil once in a while, other than that no.

I sprayed Scotch guard on my Grom before I gamed it. Had it for a few years now so I'm glad this topic came up. Time to get the air compressor out and blow the bag off really well before I spray it down again!

2 bags... take the old one if a bad rain is in the forecast, but usually avoid this weather

I kinda liked the clear plastic cover Luke Donald had on his bag the final round of the Scottish Open. Anyone else see it?

Ive played in some pretty hard rain and never had an issue with rain getting in the pockets of my bag, so Ive never really considered it.

Never even considered it necessary as anything in my bag can get wet as far as I'm concerned. I know my Ogio Edge is watertight in the bottom section as I can poor a fair amount of water out of it after a heavy rain.

I kinda liked the clear plastic cover Luke Donald had on his bag the final round of the Scottish Open. Anyone else see it?
I did. I had never seen one that covered the entire bag before. Now his pants for Sunday, on the other hand...were hideous.

I did. I had never seen one that covered the entire bag before. Now his pants for Sunday, on the other hand...were hideous.

Nothing beats his get up at the masters this year. Those green pants and the pink shirt made him look like a watermelon

For those who might want to know, here's the stuff I use to spray down my bags with. Available in most shoe stores for about $6

water.bmp

Back