Garsen QUAD Tour and MAX Putter Grips

I wish the max styling was different. Looks like an old,.mid-sized winn dry tac grip. The quad has my interest though.
With the results I had with it today, I wouldn't care if it looked like a dog turd. :ROFLMAO:

With the results I had with it today, I wouldn't care if it looked like a dog turd. :ROFLMAO:

I hear that! Same thing I had with the tour snsr grip! I will have to check these out, as they look robust, but only weigh 55g

Pondering having a MAX or MAX Tour put on my latest putter.

The MAX Tour came in this week. Incredible.
You like it more than the MAX?

My Garsen MAX was just delivered and I wasted no time putting it on my putter. Plenty of solvent and installation was easy - it took longer to cut my old grip off than it did to put this one on.

First impressions - I putt with my elbows tucked against my body anyway, so it doesn't feel strange to me. I like that it actually positions my elbows that way just by gripping it, rather than me having to consciously move/hold them in that position. Thumb position is a bit different being on either side of the ridge down the middle of the grip rather than flat on the 'paddle' on top of SuperStroke, but it's a very comfortable feeling. Texture and firmness of the grip feels very similar to the SuperStroke I've been using for a long time. All in all it's a different feeling, but it's not like a completely alien experience. Adaptation shouldn't be hard.

I'm going to let it set up for a while, then I'll roll some putts on my mat later this afternoon/evening to get a feel for it before I put it in play tomorrow morning. Thanks to @Jman for the initial review, @hadi05 for the user feedback, and @Doubleb21 for finally pushing me over the edge. If my putting stinks tomorrow it's all your fault! :ROFLMAO:
First round with the Garsen Max today.

29 putts, with seven 1-putts and no 3-putts, and 4 birdies.

I rolled 6 or 7 putts with it on the practice green, then straight into play on the course. I like it. A lot. It puts the hands, elbows and shoulders into a nice solid position that's confidence inspiring to me. I've been struggling with short putts lately, and I did a lot better with them today. Only missed one, and it was because I misread the break. It is a different feel with the thumb/hand positions, but I had no trouble adapting to it and it felt very comfortable to me. I'm really glad I gave it a try, the Max is definitely staying on my putter.
Glad you pulled the trigger on this grip and that you're having great results! I completely agree with your comments about hand/elbow position.

I have to try the Max. Blue/black on the way.

I've been using the same interlocked grip with my putter as I do with the rest of my clubs. I've tried other grip styles from time to time, and just didn't like them. Just now, with the stock grip on my new putter, I tried an interlocking grip, but, with my hands turned such that my thumbs laid alongside one another, rather than my left thumb buried under my right palm and my right thumb a bit off to the left.

Interesting.

It does feel like my hands and arms are more quieted. Like everything in my swing is happening more in my shoulders.

I'll have to try it when I do swing rhythm training tomorrow. I hook up my Blast Motion Golf sensor when I do that to log the numbers, incl. face angle at impact.

First round with the Garsen Max today.

29 putts, with seven 1-putts and no 3-putts, and 4 birdies.

I rolled 6 or 7 putts with it on the practice green, then straight into play on the course. I like it. A lot. It puts the hands, elbows and shoulders into a nice solid position that's confidence inspiring to me. I've been struggling with short putts lately, and I did a lot better with them today. Only missed one, and it was because I misread the break. It is a different feel with the thumb/hand positions, but I had no trouble adapting to it and it felt very comfortable to me. I'm really glad I gave it a try, the Max is definitely staying on my putter.

FANTASTIC @BigMac!

28 putts today with nine 1-putts, and one 3-putt because I misread a break. I'm putting with so much more confidence, this grip fits perfectly with my putting stroke.

Mine's been sitting at a post office in Texas since before the holiday. If it gets here this week I will slap it on for my Sunday round.

30 putts today, one 3-putt when I didn't want to leave a long birdie putt short and seriously overcooked it. Seven 1-putts, and I finished the front 9 with 12 putts. I've settled in real nicely with this grip, I'm not sure I'll ever have another putter without one.

I wish the max styling was different. Looks like an old,.mid-sized winn dry tac grip. The quad has my interest though.
Which version of the Max? The textured one, or the Tour version?

Which version of the Max? The textured one, or the Tour version?

I think it is the textured, specifically red and black that looks dated to my eye. Just a small gripe, as I used a red and black snsr that definitely wasn't going to win any beauty contests.

I think it is the textured, specifically red and black that looks dated to my eye. Just a small gripe, as I used a red and black snsr that definitely wasn't going to win any beauty contests.
Check out the all black tour model, it’s what I’m using now.

Check out the all black tour model, it’s what I’m using now.

I'll have to check that out, the all black suits my eye better, and it appears like it would feel firmer than the other textured ones.

I think it is the textured, specifically red and black ...
As they say: "Beauty's in the eye..." The black-red Max is the one I've been eyeing.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Garsen Max, black-red, like @BigMac has. I'll be having it put on my SeeMore Model C.
Can’t wait to see how it works for you, I really love this grip.

Can’t wait to see how it works for you, I really love this grip.
There's no question switching to a palms opposing grip improved my face angle at impact consistency. I suspect these grips will improve on that because the opposing palms grip on the stock SeeMore putter is a bit tricky for me to get right, consistently, what with my large paws.

There's no question switching to a palms opposing grip improved my face angle at impact consistency. I suspect these grips will improve on that because the opposing palms grip on the stock SeeMore putter is a bit tricky for me to get right, consistently, what with my large paws.
The Max is good for large paws. I wear an XXL glove, use JumboMax swing grips, and previously had a SuperStroke 2.0 on my putter. The Max feels close to the same size as the SuperStroke in my hands.

31 putts with one three-putt today, and I didn't even feel like I had my best putting game going on. The one three putt was from about 65' on a downhill green with a weird break, so I didn't feel too terribly bad about it. The rest of my game was erratic, so thankfully I was able to get up and down a few times to limit the damage. I really do feel like this grip has helped with my distance control on long putts and my aim on short putts.

I really do feel like this grip has helped with my distance control on long putts ...
I'd been wondering about the distance control aspect.

I had much better distance control with my SeeMore Si5 mallet than I do my new SeeMore Model C center-shafted wide-ish blade, but, I found out, my aim was way off with the mallet. I'm hoping the Garsen Max grip I have coming will help me get my distance control back.

I'd been wondering about the distance control aspect.

I had much better distance control with my SeeMore Si5 mallet than I do my new SeeMore Model C center-shafted wide-ish blade, but, I found out, my aim was way off with the mallet. I'm hoping the Garsen Max grip I have coming will help me get my distance control back.
I can't even explain what exactly it is about it, but something about the way you grip it just makes me feel like I have better touch with it. It's a more confident feeling. Maybe it's just because it fits the way I putt anyway, and somebody who's used to putting differently wouldn't feel the same way about it. I dunno, but it's been really good for me.

I've had the Garsen Quad Tour, Non-taper installed on my putter for about a month now and thought I'd take a minute to check for wear. I have 20 recorded rounds, two charity scrambles, two non-recorded best ball rounds, and several practice sessions worth of use accumulated in that time.

At first glance, the grip still looks and feels like it's brand new! I'm very impressed by that! I've had other similar grips that started showing signs of use by now, but none of that is noted here. A deeper look still shows no blemishes. All the branding is still bright white, despite several rounds being played in hot temperatures and two played in the rain.

I still feel like this grip helps me align better to intended path, and am noticing a trend developing in my putts from greater than 10 feet. I'm holing out more often, however after looking at my stats, I need to do more work on the 3-6 foot range. Sounds like an excuse for me to continue with this grip, and I'm okay with that!

I'll try to snap a photo later this evening when I'm at the course.

Back