My Nike VR Forged wedges.....

burmbuster

Reaction score
Handicap
When my bag was under construction a few weeks back I entered a WTB thread here for a few Cleveland wedges. I knew they were good and although I realized the black pearl would wear to some degree I wanted them.
Thainer then replied that there was a sale on Nike VR Forged wedges at a few places so I checked them out at a local store. I liked the feel so i ordered a 54 and 58 online.
I can honestly say these wedges are great. 54* is a perfect 100 yrd shot and the 58* is a perfect 50 yrd shot. I am gaining confidence in using the 58* off the fringe in certain situations as well. They seem to be very durable and the finish is holding up well. If you are in the market for wedges, give them a look. They are working really well for me.

Thanks for the quick write up bb. I really like the looks and the performance of these wedges myself, Nike has really done their homework and put out a great wedge for sure.

:thumb: Glad I could help buddy. Youre the 4th person who have played those wedges upon my recommendation with success. Glad theyre working out for you.

I just picked up a 52 & 56 for my bag also. I am sure I will love them too. Hoping the dg spinners I installed work out.

:thumb: Glad I could help buddy. Youre the 4th person who have played those wedges upon my recommendation with success. Glad theyre working out for you.

Thats good to hear, Thainer. I would have never even considered them without your recommendation. Nike isn't exactly the first brand to pop into your head when considering wedges. Thanks, again, for the great advice.

I just picked up a 52 & 56 for my bag also. I am sure I will love them too. Hoping the dg spinners I installed work out.

M910,
Please let me know how the spinners work with these. I have been wondering how that combo would play out.

hmm, glad to hear your thoughts. i really wanted the new VR Pro wedges as the finish looked fantastic to me, as does the shape of the club and the feel is fantastic, but i know the fact the head will rust and the face will wear so quickly will eat at me like no other.

i always thought for some reason these were the VRev wedges, but those are cast with conforming grooves, no?

anyway, the black ones of these really have me thinking. the black finish holds up well? i know the black SV tour wedges held up fantastic. i couldn't believe that finish lasted so long. i assume these are the same?

also, these being forged, pretty soft?

thanks for the info and review!

hmm, glad to hear your thoughts. i really wanted the new VR Pro wedges as the finish looked fantastic to me, as does the shape of the club and the feel is fantastic, but i know the fact the head will rust and the face will wear so quickly will eat at me like no other.

i always thought for some reason these were the VRev wedges, but those are cast with conforming grooves, no?

anyway, the black ones of these really have me thinking. the black finish holds up well? i know the black SV tour wedges held up fantastic. i couldn't believe that finish lasted so long. i assume these are the same?

I bought both black (52&56) and normal (54&60) finish used. The used black finish looks like it hold up just ok. While the chrome looks brand new.

BB I will letcha know sir. When the dg was in my ping SW it felt really good.

Mine are chrome. I can't speak of whether the grooves are conforming to the new standards or not. Thainer could help you there. Yes, the forged feel softer to me than other cast wedges. And the Victory Red Forged price is great too. The VRev's are not the same wedge as these.

Glad you love those wedges burmbuster! I have a set myself and love them. Although they tend to chew up the cover of the ball on full shots, I have never had so much control with a set of wedges. Although I feel that others such as the Vokey SM spins just as well, I was really sold on the feel of the VR forged.

Due to lofts on my new irons (and a deep need to keep buying equipment) I was in the market for new wedges. I was dead set on the CG16s but the place I buy clubs from has a policy of 100% trade in for 90 days so I decided to try these wedges based on solid reviews. I will not be trading them in, Full and partial shots are fantastic. For reference, I had CG15s and Vokeys prior to that. They spin less than the CG15s but I find that a positive because they are more of a "one hop and stop" where the CG15s and Vokeys are a little less predictable with the old grooves. Gonna need some time on short chips as I find these carry longer. Have to admit I haven't been a huge Nike fan, but I definitely recommend looking at these wedges.

Due to lofts on my new irons (and a deep need to keep buying equipment) I was in the market for new wedges. I was dead set on the CG16s but the place I buy clubs from has a policy of 100% trade in for 90 days so I decided to try these wedges based on solid reviews. I will not be trading them in, Full and partial shots are fantastic. For reference, I had CG15s and Vokeys prior to that. They spin less than the CG15s but I find that a positive because they are more of a "one hop and stop" where the CG15s and Vokeys are a little less predictable with the old grooves. Gonna need some time on short chips as I find these carry longer. Have to admit I haven't been a huge Nike fan, but I definitely recommend looking at these wedges.

Thx for the info and compairison. I only owned Ping wedges and always wondered about Vokeys. I wont say I'll stop wondering but the price always kept me away.

Thx for the info and compairison. I only owned Ping wedges and always wondered about Vokeys. I wont say I'll stop wondering but the price always kept me away.

I am going from Vokey's to Nike's. My 52 and 56 x3x Nike's will arrive tomorrow. Already removed my 3 Vokey's from the bag to make space for the new black tools

Back