DC MD VA Area Chat

I'm well Jeff! Hopefully that one starts cooperating!! If you plan to play while in the Charlottesville area just let me know. That's where Spring Creek and a few other nice courses are and I'm only about an hour away from there!

We seriously need to get a round soon man. I think we’re some of the only ones here actually in central VA besides @butchammon

New to Chesterfield VA, believe that's Central if someone needs an extra body. 😀

New to Chesterfield VA, believe that's Central if someone needs an extra body. 😀

That’s absolutely central. You got some nice courses that way. Heard Birkdale looks good right now. Chesdin was good. Meadowbrook is beautiful and very welcoming to public tee times despite being private.

Actually I have to give a shout. Crossings is coming back. For awhile that place was gonna go out of business and the new management have done wonders.

Birkdale is great! My son-in-law grew up there! His dad was the superintendent of the construction company that built all the houses around the fairways, way back in the day! My son-in-law knows every hole, every bunker, every blade of grass, LOL....

Chesterfield? Depending on what part of Chesterfield, you may be just a hop, skip, and a jump from me. I am in Amelia and play in several leagues (Senior Amateur, VSGA, local, etc.) and play courses all around here. Nothing like a round of golf to get punished :D

That’s absolutely central. You got some nice courses that way. Heard Birkdale looks good right now. Chesdin was good. Meadowbrook is beautiful and very welcoming to public tee times despite being private.

Actually I have to give a shout. Crossings is coming back. For awhile that place was gonna go out of business and the new management have done wonders.
I live in the Birdale Comm so yea, I play it A Lot. :)

Chesterfield? Depending on what part of Chesterfield, you may be just a hop, skip, and a jump from me. I am in Amelia and play in several leagues (Senior Amateur, VSGA, local, etc.) and play courses all around here. Nothing like a round of golf to get punished :D
Looks like you're 30 min West of me.

Looks like you're 30 min West of me.
Yep, takes me about 25 mins to get to Lowes depending on traffic. I have a golfing buddy that lives right near Crumps store. Just checked my schedule and I have a tourney at Birkdale early September. I haven't played there as much this year as I did last year as the schedule shifts some from year to year.

Weather has been a dog lately. Playing feels like a hot steam blanket in this area. Maybe keep our eyes on the weather and if we get a slight cool down then book something that is central to most of you?

Weather has been a dog lately. Playing feels like a hot steam blanket in this area. Maybe keep our eyes on the weather and if we get a slight cool down then book something that is central to most of you?
The cooler the better for me ;)

Yep, takes me about 25 mins to get to Lowes depending on traffic. I have a golfing buddy that lives right near Crumps store. Just checked my schedule and I have a tourney at Birkdale early September. I haven't played there as much this year as I did last year as the schedule shifts some from year to year.
Hmmm, only Crumps I know is dancing 😉. My understanding is since new Owner bought it Birkdale has improved immensely according to my Neighbors. That's why we ended up buying here. Great Neighborhood.

Also if I'm available and you need a last minute 4th hit me up. I won't even charge for my Course knowledge. 😀

Any recs on a course for tomorrow afternoon between RDU and Roanoke? Last minute look when I land tomorrow via some apps was the plan.

Any recs on a course for tomorrow afternoon between RDU and Roanoke? Last minute look when I land tomorrow via some apps was the plan.
Wish I could help but don't know that area.

Reactions: J4U
Good news for you if you're playing tomorrow, it'll be a nice day. My son and I are playing tomorrow too

I'm well Jeff! Hopefully that one starts cooperating!! If you plan to play while in the Charlottesville area just let me know. That's where Spring Creek and a few other nice courses are and I'm only about an hour away from there!
I would love to play but this is not a trip with time to allow it. Tons of driving and visiting (like a day at most) relatives and close friends who have just moved and we have not seen since we moved ourselves. No golf this trip.:(

Good year is in Danville. Hillandale is closer to Durham. The Pete dye course at VT is kind of nearby.

No recs since I’m down the valley a fair ways. Going to follow along to see if you can still pound the rock like I remember.

• Appreciation
No recs since I’m down the valley a fair ways. Going to follow along to see if you can still pound the rock like I remember.
Was going to give you a jingle but then saw you were a group away.:(

Was going to give you a jingle but then saw you were a group away.:(
This is “sort of between” RDU and Roanoke. Probably worth the detour but it might be a little spendy:

This is “sort of between” RDU and Roanoke. Probably worth the detour but it might be a little spendy:
A "Little" Spendy?:eek:

A "Little" Spendy?:eek:
Yeah they let that Golf Digest ranking swell more than their egos I reckon. Anyway Omni Homestead is on the wrong side of town, in case you wanted to play where Sam Snead cut his chops.

Looks nice though!

We seriously need to get a round soon man. I think we’re some of the only ones here actually in central VA besides @butchammon
I'm in for sure! Let's get a round in together soon! Did you play with unsubbed yesterday? If so, how was Cutalong? I've heard good things about it.

Last edited:
I'm in for sure! Let's get a round in together soon! Did you play with unsubbed yesterday? If so, how was Cutalong? I've heard good things about it.

Yep! It was great. We were moving at a pretty great pace so didn’t get to live that one. You can tell they are still working on certain areas but it’s really looking good. The roads aren’t done yet and no houses are really there either. The staff there are awesome though and supplied as with boxed lunches with giant club sandwiches. I think I won closest to the pin but I’m not sure as it wasn’t announced yet.

I‘m thinking it would cool if we could start doing an event every month or every other month in VA. We could even mix it up like have one be match play, alt shot, etc. Just to give everyone a taste of competition to be ready for THP events.

I‘m thinking it would cool if we could start doing an event every month or every other month in VA. We could even mix it up like have one be match play, alt shot, etc. Just to give everyone a taste of competition to be ready for THP events.
That sounds like fun. I doubt I’d make all of them but I’d drive a bit for that.

Back