The Meltdown - Stay or Go?

I'd

• Stick it out no matter what. Til I'm out of balls.

Votes: 80 63.0%
  • Ride it out until it smooths out.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Head for the range.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Home. Tomorrow's another day. Wipe it.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I've done it multiple ways and will share which worked when or why.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
You know the day out there. It's terrible. Worst day you can remember, and it's only getting worse. Nothing you do goes well.

If it's not for anything important, do you stick it out or head for the range, home, whatever?

Stick it out and just hit shots for fun!

I voted "Stick it out," but, that was assuming I was playing with others. If I'm playing alone I'm outta there if it's a true meltdown.

I've had it happen twice. Both times I was "My Lord, please let this be over with soon." But, I was playing with others and I didn't want to bum them out. So I stuck it out.

I have skipped holes on a really bad day, but I will finish the course.
There have been days I felt like I had never played golf in my life. It is surreal.
I have noticed if I have been hitting off mats a lot, my game will be in the toliet the next round. Hitting off grass is like a whole other sport.

Sort of depends on who I was playing with. I politely excused myself from one a few weeks ago because A) not much was working, and B) the people I was partnered up with were less than fun to be around.

So you're a desert guy - would a melt your face off heat index change that for ya?

LOl been there and id still stay. Id rather be on a golf course!

Shooters shoot their way out of a slump...keep grinding, pop a High Noon and roll with it.

Usually I'll just head home and forget about it. But last night, after playing like absolute :jackass: I went to the range after for about an hour to work some things out

Finish it up and move to hard liquor instead of beer.

Grind it out until it comes back around. Had a round several years ago where I was 12 over after 11 and somehow started making birdies and finished at 79 (+7). 46 - 33.

Shooters shoot their way out of a slump...keep grinding, pop a High Noon and roll with it.
There was near zero chance of him shooting his way out of that today after about hole 13. Would you ride out the last 5 knowing all they have for your is suffering?

I ride it out unless the course is backed up which is rare. Have only done that once this year at my course. Got through 13 and the cart shed is right off the fairway and pulled right into it. No reason to make it another 1.5 hours for the remaining holes when I wasn't playing well.

Keep playing and hope the cart girl has a couple Tito's for a double

This happened once last year where every regular iron shot was shanked into the bushes.

After losing several balls decided to only use driver and wedge after that.

Keep playing, it’s a game and I enjoy playing it.

So, you shot 3 under and you’re upset. I have you figured out, @OldandStiff.

No one's heading to the range huh? That was my suggestion but it sounds like it isn't a good one.

stick it out. start trying fun shots.

So, you shot 3 under and you’re upset. I have you figured out, @OldandStiff.
:LOL:. I'm not saying that's never happened, but I think what we're talking about would be the equivalent of me shooting 95.

Back