The Meltdown - Stay or Go?

I'd

• Stick it out no matter what. Til I'm out of balls.

Votes: 80 63.0%
  • Ride it out until it smooths out.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Head for the range.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Home. Tomorrow's another day. Wipe it.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I've done it multiple ways and will share which worked when or why.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Days like that turn birdie beers into par beers into just need a beer.

I ride it into and just relize it's not my day but still better then being home doing yard work or at work.

Stick it out. You are just one good/great shot to bring you back.

I had a bad round going and on the 12th hole, finally had a decent drive. 118 yards out, took GW and jarred it for an Eagle!!!!
Forgot all about the previous 11 holes and finished strong the rest of the way🤷‍♂️

As long as we’re talking about golf, keep it going.

I've never walked off the golf course. Even if I am playing poorly, there is always something positive to take from the round. Besides, getting PO'd only exacerbates poor golf.

Stick it out, I have never bailed on a round for playing poorly. I may work on different shots or other things I have been working on since the rounds is already crappy.

think about leaving but never have and probably never will, so stick it out and torture myself to the point of reconsidering my primary hobby :ROFLMAO:

I voted head for the range but that is contextual

If I've driven an hour to play with friends, I'm finishing. My bad play in recent years is frustrating but running out of balls or getting close has not happened.

If I'm alone an my club playing and not striking it well after maybe 12 holes then I often will go to the range. I find post range sessions are much more instructive then any other range session because I'm bringing my course swing directly to the range and I'm in play mode.

If I’m alone. Or paired with strangers, I’m done. Not even a question. Not worth the stress on a solo round. They are never fun, just peaceful. I’m not ruining that.
if I’m with a friend(s) I’d never leave. It can still be fun no matter what.

As an add on, if I leave a course it’s certainly not to hit more golf balls. It’s just a bad ball striking day. It’ll correct by itself.

Stick it out and the range is right after if an option.

Stick it out

Definitely stick it out. I try to stay positive that i can work through it, so voted till it smooths out.

Sticking it out and looking for that one shot that makes me forget about the rest. It doesn’t always come, but I’m hunting for it the rest of the round.

There was near zero chance of him shooting his way out of that today after about hole 13. Would you ride out the last 5 knowing all they have for your is suffering?
Yes because of that is the worse part of my day, I’m living better than 90% of the world

Keep going and get some swing lube if needed!

Stick it out. In Ontario, I only have so many outdoor swings. Bad golf is still golf….

Always stay. I'm not gonna quit a round of golf because I'm in pain or playing bad. I've told a few people here I probably shouldn't be walking, I'm not gonna give up playing a game.

I voted for head to the range, I will gut it out if I will put my playing partners in a bad spot by leaving, or if we have a team game going.

I think that I have only walked off the course one time during a round and it was because I started sh__king the ball and could not stop. it was a total waste of time to play any further.

Finish the front 9 in full grind mode. The back 9 don’t keep score. Use found or crappy balls. Turn into Crazy Jay, play like a psycho and go for everything. No such thing as hero shot for Crazy Jay. They are ALL hero shots.

This can certainly loosen you up and abracadabra often your play improves. Golf is like that.

But if walk off the course and leave? My respect for you is gone. Maybe for good.

I’m just glad @OldandStiff ‘s multiple choice options are getting down to a reasonable number haha.

I stick it out and try to intentionally hit different shots

Stick it out. one club it if you have too.

Back