Women LOVE technology

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
So here's the backstory: I saw that annoying Cadillac commercial where the woman says, "researchers found that cupholders are a big reason women choose one car over another. Cupholders!" Me being me, I decided to try to find this research, especially since she says "a big reason" and not "the biggest reason."

Wouldn't you know, women love technology quite a bit more than Cadillac gives them credit for. 30 percent of female drivers chose Satellite Navigation as the #1 priority. #2 was that their sound system is MP3 compatible! These are followed by climate control and sunroofs, then parking sensors and infotainment systems. (This particular article doesn't mention cupholders. http://westnet.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleId=58085)

Yet another big corporation completely out of touch with what women want. (I myself didn't even find my cupholder until a few weeks into driving my car, when I bumped a button and it popped out.)

We have a Volvo and a Range Rover. The Volvo has so much tech its crazy. Bluetooth for phone. GPS, satelite radio, camera in rear of car. Parking sensors. Everything you could possibly want. And maybe your right, because my better half loves all of it.

.... and apparently guns also ... for a spot of moose hunting!!:D

i thought women bought cars for the color? :D

Seriously, my mom is looking to get a new car, and we will be driving to my soccer practice or something, and she will see a car and go

"OOOHHHH that car has a pretty color on it!"

But about technology, my mom is so bad, I always have to log her into her e-mail and things. A car with lots of electronics would give my mom a heart attack because she wouldn't be able to figure out how to use them all.

Red cars go faster then blue ones - don't they? :laugh:

Fiona, I'd believe your act if I didn't know your true secret -

It shouldn't matter if you're on a Mac or a PC. It's the software you use to open and edit the raw file(s) that's important. Photoshop on a Mac should be more then enough.

you're a smartie!

I'm standing by my previous point. :arrogant:

GPS will be the big point when we buy a new car for Mrs Gummi Bear next go-round. Poor thing has absolutely NO sense of direction, and can't read a map. For her, so long as the car looks good to her, and is comfy to drive and Twerpy to ride, she's pretty OK. I'm the one that looks at the safety, handling, and mechanics of it all.

I'm the one that wants MP3 connections in the car. I spend a minimum of 2 hours a day commuting, so that's lots of time for sing-a-long. I've decided that local FM radio just sucks, and I can only handle talk radio in small doses, no matter what the subject matter. I love my XM as well.

All I can say about cupholders is: it had damned well better have them. I hate holding cups between my legs (I've owned quite a few vehicles that are older than me, and none of them had cup holders)

My main requirements: 4 doors and fast, good reputation, big disc brakes. (I'd love a new M5, but I'll probably have to settle for a Maxima) I'm sure I'll buy the Mrs another car before I get a new truck, mine's only got 106k on it, and it'll be fine for another 200k (I :love: my Cummins)

All I can say about cupholders is: it had damned well better have them. I hate holding cups between my legs (I've owned quite a few vehicles that are older than me, and none of them had cup holders)

It better be able to hold two large drinks too. My wife's car only holds one large drink. The other one has to be a smaller size or the lids will come off when you put the cup in or take a cup out. I like the holder in my truck. It's on the floor and will comfortably hold two large drinks.

Ha, Cadillac was right, but had it for the wrong gender!

Recently bought my wife a complete set of the latest Ping Rhapsody clubs; she absolutely loves them and at the rate her game is improving they love her too. Any other ladies play with the Rhapsody?

Recently bought my wife a complete set of the latest Ping Rhapsody clubs; she absolutely loves them and at the rate her game is improving they love her too. Any other ladies play with the Rhapsody?

Claire has some.

the irons look a lot like my i5's, except with a wider sole for more bounce.

<<<<<< (stays on topic,lol)

See my signature. I love, love, love the driver, and Harry made me buy it.

Claire has some.

Beat me to it, Harry.

You've seen them in her basement??

See above. And they're in the garage, actually. I can't bring myself to admit I need to trade them out for the skis.

Back